Profile for Another Kevin Lynch > Reviews

Content by Another Kevin ...

Another Kevin Lynch

Page: 1 | 2
Winning At Interview: A New Way to Succeed
Winning At Interview: A New Way to Succeed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Nov 2013
A great book to help in preparing for tricky interview questions. The paper copy of the book is hard to find. I recommend the speed and ease of using the kindle version.

ChargerCity Exclusive Apple iPhone 6 5s 5c 5 4s Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 HTC ONE Google Nexus 4 5 ONEPLUS Motorola MOTO G X Droid LG G3 G2 G Pro Sony Xperia Z 360º Swivel Adjustment Selfie Video Recording Camera Tripod Adapter Mount & MegaGrab Easy-Adjust Smartphone Holder (Phone & Tripod is not included with Purchase) *Version 2*
Offered by ChargerCity

Google Nexus 4 E960 Water-Resistant Bike Holder by Shocksock
Google Nexus 4 E960 Water-Resistant Bike Holder by Shocksock
Offered by ClickJunkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for navigating on Boris Bikes, 19 Nov 2013
Bought it so that I could cycle around London on a Boris bike and see my phone display. Perfect for the job

Slimport to HDMI adapter - Connect your Google Nexus 4 phone to an HDMI TV, monitor, or projector (SP1002)

5.0 out of 5 stars drive a tv from an android mobile phone, 10 Oct 2013
This great gadget allows me to drive a tv from my mobile. Simply plug the micro USB connector into the phone and the other end takes a HDMI cable that can then be plugged into the TV - great bit of I interconnect

StarTech DisplayPort to HDMI Video Adapter Converter
StarTech DisplayPort to HDMI Video Adapter Converter

5.0 out of 5 stars drive a TV from the DP port on a Radeon Video card, 10 Oct 2013
I wanted to drive a second screen from my desktop PC - this little widget let me use the DisplayPort on the RADEON video card to drive a second HDMI screen.

Logitech H540 USB Headset for PC and Mac
Logitech H540 USB Headset for PC and Mac
Offered by Prime Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect headphones for skype google hangouts etc, 10 Oct 2013
I had an older pair of these headphones and my son acquired them. I bought these headphones as a replacement. They did not disappoint

The Obituarist
The Obituarist

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Obituarist (Kindle Edition)
Set in a world of newspaper publishing with deadlines ever present. Tremendous story with whisky and murder. Once you start reading this little gem you'll look up and it will be three hours later.

New Trent iCarrier IMP120D - (12000mAh) 5V 3A Dual USB Ports External Battery Charger/ Portable Back Up Power Bank/Power Pack Battery for iPad 4/ 3 /2, iPad mini, iPhone 5 /4S / 4, iPod Touch; Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S4/S3/S2; Google Nexus 10/7/4, HTC ONE series; LG Optimus series; Motorola Razr, Droid series; Nokia Lumia 900 / 800, Sony Xperia series, GoPro, and most 5V chargeable devices. (NEWEST VERSION, w/ Micro-USB input charge port)

5.0 out of 5 stars MOABB - the mother of all battery backups., 10 Oct 2013
This is the MOABB - the mother of all battery backups. The NEW TRENT: iCarrier IMP120D. I used to use 2 or 3 of the smaller 2200mAh Emergency Micro USB Battery Chargers each one was good enough for 2 hours extra smartphone time this was never enough. Now when travelling I can plug my phone in to the ICarrier and know that I can get a full 24 hours of high intensity usage before running flat - works well for 18 hour flights.

I like the pouch; you can put the unit it while charging. Plug your charger into the wall run the cable into the pouch - you can leave it somewhere quiet and pick it up fully charged 8-10 hours later. I have often left my mobile charging in hotels/conferences, it's a lot simpler and cheaper to replace the ICarrier than a mobile if it gets stolen :(

Be warned though the iCarrier does not have a charger with it (It's good for the earth - as I have about 5 chargers already that can charge it)

HDMI TO VGA Cable Adapter for PC Laptop Power-Free, Raspberry Pi, MHL support
HDMI TO VGA Cable Adapter for PC Laptop Power-Free, Raspberry Pi, MHL support
Offered by CableMac

5.0 out of 5 stars Great convenient piece of interconnect, 10 Oct 2013
Took my lovely new chromebook to a presentation and I could not drive the projector as the chromebook only had a hdmi output and the projector had only a vga input. Luckily I was able to download a powerpoint viewer and use an older laptop to do the presentation. I checked my wife's new laptop and yes she too has only an HDMI output so I bought this widget. I give it 5* because it does what it does and there is no need for a PSU or anything else to make it work.

New Trent (2PCS) Combo-Pack: Dual High-Speed USB Port Car Chargers w/ Free Full Speed Micro-USB Charging Cable - 1pc 15W black and 1pc 15W white (NT89T)

5.0 out of 5 stars New Trent High Speed Car Chargers, 4 Oct 2013
I love my tablet, I love my satnav, I love my camera and I love my mobile. I use them all the time but when you are travelling there is no fun when the batteries run out. It's no good looking for ghostbusters or a certain bunny to help. You probably think a charger is a simple device and you just need the cheapest most convenient thing you can get your hands on, well that road often leads to disappointment and slow charge.

New Trent have a nice combo pack of two in-car USB Chargers (NT89T) that really get the job done. The heavy duty NT88C which can charge a tablet and mobile while the NT80C which has a nice ergonomic design and can charge two phones at once. When we travel in our car with an iPad and three mobile phones we don't worry about batteries running out we just plug these chargers into the Vehicle charge ports and drive.

1) the heavy duty dual usb charger - charges a tablet and a mobile phone NT88C

The two usb ports sit tidily together on the top of the unit. The top port will charge a mobile phone providing a maximum of 1A. The other bottom port can charge a tablet and outputs a very large 2.1Amps at 5Volts. To charge a Samsung Galaxy or Nexus 7 tablet you need to use a special converter cable provided by New Trent with the cable that came with those tablets (NB this picture shows the bottom port rating as 2A)

2) the ergonomic dual usb charger - charges 2 mobile phones NT80C

This unit is just the thing to charge two mobile phones or other low power USB devices.
The ports sit at right angles to each other so that when the unit is plugged into a charge point in the centre of the car one port points to the passenger while the other points to the driver.
Last week before I bought my charger. I was using the waze app on my phone to direct me to a church. I'd never been to before. Waze is hard on the cell phone battery. The display must be bright. The phone has to pull map data over the cell network and energise the GPS to ensure it can correctly display the current location.
My phone was low on battery and I was feeling very stressed as I knew my phone was just about to run out of battery. As we entered the Church car park my phone switched off with a flat battery. It was thenI realised then I needed a good car charger so I If I had been using this charger I need not have worried as I would have had plenty of charge for my phone

Best of all these 4 charging points for a car come at you for around the price of a single movie ticket in central London

Page: 1 | 2