Profile for Nicci Mack > Reviews

Nicci Mack "Nicci" (UK)

Reducing Cognitive Bias: A guide for the perplexed
Reducing Cognitive Bias: A guide for the perplexed

1.0 out of 5 stars grossly overpriced, 12 Jan. 2015
It took me less than 10 minutes to read this 'book'. It's no more than a pamphlet and a poor one at that. Save your money. Take a look at the table of contents and look up each bias on Wikipedia - you'd get ten times more information at no charge.
Abysmally poor.

Be a Free Range Human: Escape the 9-5, Create a Life You Love and Still Pay the Bills

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole volume of awesomeness, 14 Jun. 2013
I loved this book and I love Marianne. The way she writes is just like she speaks and I so enjoy that she has tho direct link between her thoughts and her fingers. So you get nothing but pure unadulterated fabulousness from Miss Cantwell. I've recommitted myself to achieving my goals and I will have my book done by the end of summer. That may sound great, but it's not so good when you consider that I was supposed to have it done by the end of summer...... 2011. I keep feeling like I should write something erudite and sophisticated. Nope, changed my mind. My review, my way. This book is for everyone. Being a wage slave just isn't worth it and if you think you're trapped, its only because you've let yourself be trapped. So stop making excuses, get off your backside and start living.... But stay on your backside just long enough to read this book cover to cover first. You'll be so glad you did.

Kuzy - PURPLE Rubberized 13-inch Hard Case Cover See Thru for MacBook Pro 13.3" (A1278 with or without Thunderbolt) Aluminum Unibody - Purple
Offered by Kuzy UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 14 Jun. 2013
What can I say about this cover? Well it fitted my macbook no problem. It protects it from getting scratched. And it's purple. Can't fault it really but its not the kind of thing I'd rave about. Its a purple rubberized hard case for a macbook. Chosen 4 starts because that means "I like it" - and yeah, I like it.

Ballet - Fine Art Photography (Volume 1)
Ballet - Fine Art Photography (Volume 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars not good at all, 16 July 2011
This book is probably quite good in print but is a waste of time on the iPad. While the photos are good quality, many of them obviously span two pages in the printed version so they are split on the iPad screen, with a span of white between them. You end up with a series of part pictures. Certainly not worth the money and I'd like my money back if I'm completely honest. I wasn't even able to make an informed decision as the 'sample' version had no pictures at all in it.

I've given it 1 star only because Amazon insists that you have to give it a rating.

Avoid!

Screw Work, Let's Play: How to Do What You Love and Get Paid for it
Screw Work, Let's Play: How to Do What You Love and Get Paid for it
by John Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Amazing Book, 31 Aug. 2010
I am completely sold on the concepts and ideas in this book. The strange thing is that I kept feeling that I kinda knew some of this stuff already (intuitively). However John Williams has put into words what were random loose thoughts in my head... and then added a whole lot more. All my life I have been looking for something. Trying one thing, getting bored and then moving onto another. I have been the butt of many family jokes about how many times I've changed jobs. But it's all clear now... I'm a SCANNER. It describes me absolutely perfectly.

I've read the book three times now. First time I read it cover to cover in one sitting (it took the greater part of the day but it was well worth it). The second time I went through it with a highlighter, pencil and post-its recording my thoughts, feelings and ideas as I went. The third time I got my Playbook out and started scribbling.... and guess what.... I think i may have found my calling.... My place where talent and passion intersect.

Now I'll be taking it a step further by joining John and his colleagues in a programme to help get my idea up and running... I need a solid kick in the backside and apparently they are very good at dishing them out. Bring it on!!!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2013 2:25 AM BST