Profile for Shirley Knott > Reviews

Content by Shirley Knott

Shirley Knott "Animal Lover" (Somerset, UK)

Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
by Vicki Edgson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative Reading, 8 July 2012
I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and finding out a lot of things that I didnt know before. I suffer quite badly with arthritis, and an inflammatory bowel disesase, so this book was of special interest to me. I havent finished reading it yet as I keep going back and looking things up, but I would highly recommend it to others, especially those with, or catering for those who have, inflammatory problems of one sort or another. A lot of information for the money!! My husband also has a tendency to get bouts of gout (not through consumption of alcohol I hasten to add!), so its suits both of us, and we have been avoiding the worst of our symptoms since first receiving the book in the post. I thought I knew a lot about nutrition, but this book has shown me how deficient in knowledge
I was in some very important areas.

Ivy Gems 9ct Yellow Gold Marquise Cut Ruby and Diamond Dress Ring - Size M
Ivy Gems 9ct Yellow Gold Marquise Cut Ruby and Diamond Dress Ring - Size M

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Jewellery, 8 July 2012
This was out of stock when I originally ordered it, and several of the reviews were mixed, or said that people had waited so long that they had had to reorder it, but my experience was quite different. The ring arrived within a couple of weeks, and it was much better than the photo had led me to believe. I have quite large hands but it fit perfectly on my little finger and goes with a couple of ruby/red rings that I already own that fit on my ring finger. It remains to be seen if the ring disintegrates as some people have reported, but so far mine is fine and doesnt show any signs of stress or fracture, mind you I dont wear it if I am doing something around the house so maybe that makes a difference. I would recommend anyone to get this ring as it is really pretty and feminine and very good value for the money. I wish Amazon would do a range of sizes as it would be nice to be able to get a ring that fit my ring finger without having to contemplate the cost of having it enlarged added to the purchase price. Conversely couldnt Amazon have an arrangement with a jeweller to have it resized at a special price for its own customers? Does that make sense to other people as well? It seems a sensible option to me anyway.

Encore
Encore

4.0 out of 5 stars David Garretts Encore Album, 29 April 2012
This review is from: Encore (Audio CD)
I have never even heard of this artist until very recently, but someone sent me an email and I clicked on it and found this superb musician.

This CD is fantastic and plays 'classical' pop like Smooth Criminal amongst all the other items. If you like classical style, then I would suggest that you buy this as it is fantastic, although a little mourmful in plsces. I have it in the car and play it on longer than average journeys, as it helps to pass the time pleasantly. I would be extremely surprised if anyone was disappointed in the Album, and personally I intend to purchase another CD as soon as my finances allow, which should be next week or the end of it, as my money comes into my account on Tuesday.

Olay Regenerist Moisturiser Eye Lifting Serum Treatment
Olay Regenerist Moisturiser Eye Lifting Serum Treatment

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK But . . . . . . DO try Regenerist Eye Derma-Pods!!, 2 Oct. 2009
Olay, as usual, have created an effective product which I was quite pleased with until I received a free sample of Olay Regenerist Eye Derma-Pods with a purchase of a pair of Fit Flops!! I tried these little wonders and immediately felt they were what I had been looking for in the way of eye care, for a very long time. They are easy to use, gentle on your eyes because of the attached sponge applicators, and leave your eyes looking and feeling refreshed and ready for a nights sleep. I tried to buy them in several places whilst on holiday in Devon, but I cant find a shop that stocks them as yet. I guess I will HAVE to order them on-line again when I next make a purchase. If you havent tried them, please do, and I dont think you will be disappointed one little bit!!

Olay Regenerist Regenerating Moisturiser Night Cream, 50ml
Olay Regenerist Regenerating Moisturiser Night Cream, 50ml
Offered by BrandedBeauty

5.0 out of 5 stars This Night Cream is Fab!!, 2 Oct. 2009
The Olay Regenerist All Night Recovery Cream makes your skin feel as soft as silk, and I love it. I even apply it to the backs of my hands at night, as they often show your age more than your face does, and they normally receive very little attention, except for a bit of hand cream now and then. Once again, Olay has triumphed, and even my husband says that my skin is looking even better than normal, so that cant be bad if he's noticed the effect.