Profile for Quintus > Reviews

Content by Quintus

Quintus "keen reader" (Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Miss Congeniality 1 And 2 [DVD] [2005]
Miss Congeniality 1 And 2 [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 10 Aug 2014
I have always enjoyed films with Sandra Bullock. These two are no exception. I just wanted to add them to my collection.

Time's Echo: A CHRONOS Files Novella (The Chronos Files)
Time's Echo: A CHRONOS Files Novella (The Chronos Files)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 July 2014
I enjoyed Time Bound a.d looked forward to reading it's sequel. I was disappointed as some of the main characters were only in the book for a short amount of time. I assume that this novella will act as a bridge between the first and third books. I certainly hope so. It may be that when I read the third instalment I will understand more clearly.

Black Book [2006] [DVD]
Black Book [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Carice van Houten
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by a friend, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Black Book [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I had never even heard of this film until a work colleague mentioned it to me. I was intrigued so bought it on a whim. I was not disappointed. Although most of the dialogue is in Dutch / German with English subtitles it did not detract from the film at all. It was interesting to see the second world war Dutch resistance movement from their perspective. I would recommend this without hesitation.

Tombstone - The Directors Cut [DVD] [1993]
Tombstone - The Directors Cut [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell
Offered by Love-Your-Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, 21 April 2014
I saw this film on TV and enjoyed it so much I thought I would add it to my DVD collection to watch when I wanted.

Macbeth: A Novel
Macbeth: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read., 5 April 2014
This review is from: Macbeth: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this novel. It brings the story of Macbeth to life and makes him only too human. The consequences of his actions in murdering Duncan to gain the throne of Scotland escalate out of control and he becomes a bystander as events get worse and worse. I have a BBC version of Macbeth which I shall 're-watch and understand better thanks to this book.

Calender For KindleFire
Calender For KindleFire

5.0 out of 5 stars Graet, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Calender For KindleFire (App)
Ties in with my Google account so I can view it on my Kindle fire without having to fire up the laptop or desktop. Great.

One Misty Moisty Morning (2009 Remastered Version)
One Misty Moisty Morning (2009 Remastered Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 26 Mar 2014
I used to have all of Steeleye Spans albums on Vinyl when I was younger so I thought I would download one or two of their songs as a reminder of my lost youth. A very enjoyable listen (again)

Two Magicians (2009 Digital Remaster)
Two Magicians (2009 Digital Remaster)

The Ups And Downs
The Ups And Downs

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Ups And Downs (MP3 Download)

Spotted Cow
Spotted Cow

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Spotted Cow (MP3 Download)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5