Profile for CJ > Reviews

OMM Last Drop 10L Backpack-Yellow Black
Offered by BlackLeaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Training/Race Bag!, 14 May 2013
This review is from: OMM Last Drop Backpack
PROS:
- Lightweight
- Sturdy
- Good Storage Space
- Stable on Your Back

CONS:
- Let's be honest, the colour scheme is a bit naff.

I bought this bag on the advice of two friends, both of whom are keen runners and wholeheartedly recommended it. Having used it for numerous long training runs and, last week, for my first Ultramarathon (53 miles of trail), I can say this is a really fantastic piece of kit. The bag itself is super light and with all the straps combined it doesn't move on your back at all - I have barely noticed it while running and often forget it's even there (and I don't strip out the padding).

The storage space is more than ample to carry whatever you might need for anything up to ~7hrs of activity I'd say. I managed to get 2 litres of juice, 5 sandwiches, 10 biscuits, a foil blanket, sunglasses and some jelly babies into the main storage section/two side pockets and still had room to spare. In addition to this, there is a top zip pocket which is great for storing those little key items you don't want to lose in the main hold (e.g. keys, phone, money, medications etc.).

All in all I'm really pleased with this purchase and, given the price when compared to other bags of a similar design, I'd say it's a bargain and well worth getting. Truly excellent piece of kit.

Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 14 May 2013
Excellent!!!! Square Enix have done a fantastic job of re-booting the series while still incorporating some of the classic elements of a Tomb Raider game (e.g. kick ass puzzles in freaky tombs). The storyline is compelling, the gameplay is simple to pick up (but develops as you progress keeping it fresh), and the game itself allows you to choose whether you go in guns blazing or just hide in some shrubs somewhere sniping people with your bow, all the while exploring every nook and crevice of a masterfully rendered island with some truly stunning visuals. My only complaint would be that the main storyline itself is not massively long, and even with all the side-missions etc it's not that long a game. That said, quality not quantity and it's left me wanting more!! I strongly recommend it.

Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Excess Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars "Epic" is the only word - even the ending (no-spoiler review), 6 May 2012
I have just completed the game today having played through all 3, and can safely say I do not have a problem with the ending at all. It's epic and I have no idea why everyone is moaning so much. The ending has the potential to be just as varied as many other fantastic RPG's I've played, and more so than some. Fair enough it might not refelct the huge range of choices you can make in the 3 games, but it's still frickin awesome so GET OVER IT. The rest of the game is utterly amazing too and I thoroughly recommend it. :D

10 Gourmet Madagascan Vanilla Pods (Vanilla Beans)
10 Gourmet Madagascan Vanilla Pods (Vanilla Beans)
Offered by Vanilla Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 18 Mar. 2012
Genuinely I cannot stress enough what a good deal this is for what can only be described as a phenomenal product. You can easily pay £5 for one or two vanilla pods of inferior quality in the shops but, with these, you're getting 10 excellent (and large) ones for roughly the same price. I use these pods all the time for macarons, custards, panacottas, frostings etc and they always produce full-flavoured, aromatic vanilla-based treats!!! I thoroughly recommend them and am, in fact, making some cup-cakes with one right now. :D YEAH.

SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black
SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, REALLY good., 18 Mar. 2012
Excellent product.
I got sick of headphones coming out while running so I invested in a pair of seinnheiser's, which had great sound quality and stayed in really well. However, the durability was poor and despite good care they broke within 5mo. Luckily, this is absolutely not the case with the SoundMAGIC E30s. Though the sound quality is similar to the seinnheisers (and maybe a bit better), the durability is far better and, owing to the munltiple in-ear tips of varying sizes, they fit much better too. I do a lot of marathon running and they have yet to fall out or cause me any discomfort. The noise-cancelling is fantastic though, admitedly, dangerous for road-running but for use in the gym or up the hills etc they're just plain awesome. Yeah they're a wee bit pricey but I definitely think they're worth it and would thoroughly recommend them if you're looking for good running headphones or even just some decent headphones.

Nestle Milo Energy Cocoa Powder Drink 400 g (Pack of 4)
Nestle Milo Energy Cocoa Powder Drink 400 g (Pack of 4)
Offered by Grocer

5.0 out of 5 stars Milo + UK = Epic., 27 Jun. 2011
I'd just like to clarify that this is in fact 4 tins of 400g of milo for a FRACTION of the cost it would be from my local shops! It's amazing. Brings back fond memories of Singapore...=] Speedy delivery and excellent product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2013 2:22 PM GMT