Profile for N. Wright > Reviews

Beautiful Girl: Celebrating the Wonders of Your Body
Beautiful Girl: Celebrating the Wonders of Your Body
by Christiane Northrup

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully written & illustrated book, 7 Jan. 2015
A wonderfully written & illustrated book! And a perfect introduction to the ever-changing body for young girls. I read this regularly to my six year old daughter, we both love it.

A Big Little Life
A Big Little Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: A Big Little Life (Kindle Edition)
An utterly wonderful book from start to finish. Being a big Koontz fan, I was always going to buy this at some point but wasn't sure what to expect being that it's real life, not the usual imagination-expanding fiction. Well, my imagination was quite possibly expanded even more with this and I have never laughed and cried so often and in such quick succession in my life (my husband thought I was having a breakdown - I suppose guffawing and bawling poolside in Fiji would look a little odd!). A delight to read and - even through the heartbreak - thoroughly uplifting. As a dog-lover and a Koontz-lover I was not expecting to be disappointed and I was anything but.

Wanted (A Private Investigator Series of Crime and Suspense Thrillers, Book 1)
Wanted (A Private Investigator Series of Crime and Suspense Thrillers, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 Jan. 2015
Really enjoyed this, good story/back story and engaging characters, I look forward to continuing the with the series.

Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)
Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for a new series, Oliver's your man..., 7 Jan. 2015
Great book, I was surprised to find at the end of the book that this was an early (self) published book for the author. I've read A LOT of books in recent years, mostly crime fiction and this was up there with the best of them for pace, entertainment and quality. In fact I've read a lot worse from authors who are getting a lot more coverage and - no doubt - making a lot more money. Good on you Oliver Tidy, I look forward to and will be happy to purchase your other books.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2015 8:49 AM GMT

Stockings, White Thigh High, 40 Denier
Stockings, White Thigh High, 40 Denier
Offered by Red Star Fancy Dress

1.0 out of 5 stars Too tight!!, 28 Oct. 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I couldn't wear these for more than a couple of minutes, they are stop-the-circulation tight (I'm a size 10 with slim legs so god help anyone with a bit more meat on their bones).

She Wolf
She Wolf
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace!, 17 Jun. 2010
This review is from: She Wolf (Audio CD)
I was never much of a Shakira fan before She Wolf (single), but was so taken with that funky tune that I thought I'd give the album a whirl and am really pleased I did, not only a bargain but full of great music that just makes you wanna move!

Battle Of The Somme [1916] [DVD]
Battle Of The Somme [1916] [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Aug. 2009
I bought this for my Dad; He's watched A LOT of war programmes, films etc. so I thought maybe it would be more of the same kind of stuff he's already seen but he was seriously impressed and amazed at the footage, highly recommended (on his behalf!).

Chrysalis Sterling Silver Ladies' One Penny Charm
Chrysalis Sterling Silver Ladies' One Penny Charm

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 14 Aug. 2009
The penny charm is cute but there's not much to it, pretty flimsy, especially compared to the other charms on my bracelet (Thomas Sabo - a lot more expensive but far chunkier), and the loop (which the clasp attaches to) has already snapped so it's probably only a matter of time before it falls off. I guess you get what you pay for.