ARRAY(0x992d0be8)

Profile for Jackie M > Reviews

Content by Jackie M

Jackie M

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Growing Organic Berries: Everything You Need To Know To Grow Healthy Berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries & Rasberries)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine as far as it goes., 13 April 2014
This book is fine as far as it goes. It only covers the following: growing in containers, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. There were a few snippets of information that I found useful.

Aprons and Silver Spoons: The heartwarming memoirs of a 1930s scullery maid
Aprons and Silver Spoons: The heartwarming memoirs of a 1930s scullery maid
Price: 3.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 April 2014
This is a super autobiography. A very interesting,and honest life-story of a young girl "in service" during the 1930's. I've learnt a lot of social history by reading this book, but at the same time I've enjoyed the thoughts and antics of this brilliant, high-spirited woman. My daughter recommended this book to me, I'm very glad she did.

Pearls of Samarkand Organic Sour Cherries 100 g (Pack of 7)
Pearls of Samarkand Organic Sour Cherries 100 g (Pack of 7)
Price: 13.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious - and hopefully with healthy benefits., 3 April 2014
After a friend told me he drinks cherry juice to help alleviate his gout, I decided to investigate further to see whether it might help my aches and pains. Apparently cherries are supposed to help all types of arthritis, and it doesn't matter in which form they are taken (i.e. drink or dried), but the sour cherries are supposed to have a lot more health benefits than the normal cherries. Thus, I decided to order these.

I'm delighted to discover they are delicious. They have a very strong taste, and, although they have a sour taste, they are lovely - they are not at all bitter. The texture is also fairly soft.

It's far too early to know whether these will have any affect on my joints (I'll update this review accordingly), but in the meantime I shall enjoy nibbling them as a handy snack, and I'll be ordering more when these are finished.

Organic Pest  Control Made Easy: How To Naturally Keep Your Home, Garden & Food Pest Free
Organic Pest Control Made Easy: How To Naturally Keep Your Home, Garden & Food Pest Free

4.0 out of 5 stars I've learnt a few things., 2 April 2014
This is a short book which covers a lot of areas - the house, the garden, the food we buy. Several of the things that Dr. John Stone mentions are obvious, like keeping your house spotlessly clean, but there are some things which are very useful and interesting that I never knew before.

Salads : Healthy recipes for natural weight loss
Salads : Healthy recipes for natural weight loss
Price: 1.86

3.0 out of 5 stars You may like the recipes., 1 April 2014
I always think its worth downloading cookery books when they're free (as this one was) - there might be a recipe I like. There wasn't any here that I will be doing although they might appeal to someone else. There are some strange combinations of ingredients which might go well together; some might taste very nice. But I'm easily put off salad recipes when there are more than just three or four ingredients. Also, I query the claim they are for weight-loss; a lot have sugar in them, plus a fair amount of olive oil and chopped bacon. If you like fiddling about with salad ingredients you may like this.

Auschwitz: The Shocking Story & Secrets of the Holocaust Death Camp (Auschwitz, Holocaust, Jewish, History, Eyewitness Account, World War 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting., 1 April 2014
This is an interesting book on the dreadful atrocities of Auschwitz. It's very short so it doesn't go into a lot of detail but there were several snippets of information that were new to me.

Self Help: Back Pain and Disc Problems: A self help book that pinpoints the causes of back pain and describes measures to overcome and prevent them
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book - worth reading., 1 April 2014
I think this book is excellent. I don't think it's going to "cure" everyone's back problems, but I do think it could go a long way in helping to do so. Some readers may think Andrew Scott repeats his healthy lifestyle message too often, but I feel he is spot on, and the exercises he suggests are very useful. If you suffer from a bad back or neck, I think this book is worth reading.

Cooks & Co Green Olives with Blue Cheese 290 g (Pack of 6)
Cooks & Co Green Olives with Blue Cheese 290 g (Pack of 6)
Price: 14.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good olives., 31 Mar 2014
If you like blue cheese and you like olives, you will probably enjoy these. They're good quality olives in sunflower oil. I like to include them in buffets and salads.

The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant book!, 31 Mar 2014
This book is not just a good story, it's a brilliant study of human nature. I'm amazed at Robert Tressell's understanding of human weakness. What I particularly liked was the way he identified the faults in his characters but was compassionate in his understanding as to why they behaved as they did. I wish I had read this book years ago; Robert Tressell's thoughts on human nature, politics and religion are very interesting.

Sellotape Golden 24mm x 50m Clear
Sellotape Golden 24mm x 50m Clear
Offered by san direct
Price: 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable product., 25 Mar 2014
I've always been very satisfied with Sellotape. This is exactly the same as the rolls of Sellotape I've happily bought for years. Arrived quickly and well packaged.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20