Profile for Simply Dee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
National Rail Enquiries
National Rail Enquiries

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: National Rail Enquiries (App)
This is just the mobile version of the website itself - what's the point Amazon? give us the actual app instead? This is silly

Inside Soap UK (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Inside Soap UK (Kindle Tablet Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Better to just buy the paper version, 2 April 2014
i downloaded this app and bought one issue .Should have tried the free trial really but heyho. Anyhow this is not worth downloading. You have to zoom to read sections in the magazine and also the interactive page are hard to get out from. Uninstalled

Demand 5
Demand 5

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with my Kindle Fire..., 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Demand 5 (App)
For so long i've wanted Demand 5 and 4od on my KFHD....Someone recently told me oh its in the appstore now. But I'm very disapointed cos its not compatible with my device. Why have it in the appstore then?! :(

Sonic Jump
Sonic Jump

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Sonic Jump (App)
I used to play Sonic in my Sega Mega Drive back in the early 90's, and as this is somewhat of a similar game and as I got it free, I thought why not? Good job I did because I am not disappointed :-) This is fun

Courli
Courli

4.0 out of 5 stars An App of the Day I actually like, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Courli (App)
this app is quite fun, both for kids and adults. Its a little bit slow and the controls take a little bit of getting used to but all that aside this is actually fun! For once there's an app of the day I like and will actually keep on my Kindle Fire.

Giffgaff app
Giffgaff app

2.0 out of 5 stars ok so its basically just a mobile version of the giff gaff website, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Giffgaff app (App)
But at least I am able to check my balance. When I use the website itself on the Kindle Fire, I get a security warning message so this is better than nothing

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tablet...but wish there was more, 27 Jan. 2014
I received this device for Xmas 2013 as i had put on my wish list I wanted a tablet. OK its not the device I'd wanted exactly for but it was close lol! It does what I want to use it for, go on social network sites, email, play a few games and stream from Netflix.

The only downside - which is why i've rated this as a 4 * is that there is no way of watching movies offline, unless of course, you do it the illegai way of copying your dvds and changing the format to MP4 which I don't plan on ever doing. Apparently you can download movies from your DVD collection via Ultra Violet. I've yet to try this out but I don't think i'll be able to because not one DVD I own has an UltraViolet logo or code. Oh well. Hopefully Amazon will bring out a way to purchase and download movies from their site like they do with Music and Kindle Books. I know they do the in US, so i can't see why they can't do the same here...well..here's hoping

Edited further: Oh yes now Amazon bring out Instant Video. Great. But it would be really awesome if Amazon would add subtitles on their movies/tv shows. Amazon have failed to provide accessibility options for deaf/hard of hearing people. Not right really..but hey ho.

Words With Friends
Words With Friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game!, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Words With Friends (App)
Great game. Only reason for the 4 stars is because of the adverts but apart from that, its fun. Love it!

Handle with Care
Handle with Care
by Jodi Picoult

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Good one from Jodi Picoult, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Handle with Care (Hardcover)
Whilst this is very similar to 'My Sister's Keeper' this boook is quite moving. I am currently still in the middle of reading this and I keep wondering jeez whats going to happen next? I really felt for each character involved and I found myself totally drawn to Amelia than i did the others. Poor kid.

But yes, good book.

Edited to add - the ending was unexpected!!!!

The Storyteller
The Storyteller

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK......, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Storyteller (Kindle Edition)
Its not often you find one of Jodi Picoult's books at 99p, so when this, her latest book, was reduced I went bought tbe book for my Kindle. But sadly I didn't enjoy it as much as I would've liked. I tried to love this book but i couldn't. I'm usually one to like Jodi Picoult's books but I couldn't really get into this one. It did kind of pick up when Sage's grandmother was telling her story, and then towards the end but the beginning left me feeling...meh.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4