Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Atkins 37g Day Break Cappuccino Nut Bars - 4 x box of 5 (20 Bars)
Atkins 37g Day Break Cappuccino Nut Bars - 4 x box of 5 (20 Bars)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious. The best of all the flavours, 3 Sep 2014
Love these. They're creamy on the outside, and crunchy with big almond pieces inside. Unlike other Atkins bars which are mostly cloyingly sweet, these are just inside the edge of not-too-sweet. Terrific with a hot drink.

Atkins Advantage MEAL Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar, 5 Bars, 2.1 oz (60 g) Each
Atkins Advantage MEAL Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar, 5 Bars, 2.1 oz (60 g) Each
Offered by The Cherry Mill

2.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive, 3 Sep 2014
I'd love to try these, but I'm put off by the price. More than £12 for 5 bars? Um, no.

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player - Black (SDMX18-004G-E46K)
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player - Black (SDMX18-004G-E46K)
Offered by deals-ez

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken out of the box - don't waste your time if you can't return it for a new one, 12 Dec 2012
I bought this while on holiday after reading the reviews. All I wanted was an easy-to-use MP3 player to play my own music. I didn't want to sign up for a music service, no bells & whistles. This seemed perfect. Unfortunately, there is some kind of fault with it. I keep getting memory errors on it -- when connected to the PC it displays a 'cannot read' error followed by a hex address. I can click 'continue' half a dozen times and it carries on but it is flaky and unreliable. It won't switch on, it won't switch off. Leaving it overnight helps. It started off okay -- it let me load a test album and played fine. So then I loaded 3GB of albums and it crashed half way through 'refreshing media'. So then I tried loading a FEW albums and it crashes again.

So now I'm at the point of having to load ONE album at a time, disconnect it and check that it refreshes the media. I can do this maybe twice before it refuses to work again until it has a little lie-down. Such a waste of time.

I've learned a couple of things:

1. Don't buy electronics overseas. If it's broken then it doesn't matter how much you save if you can't return it (and frankly, it wasn't THAT much cheaper in the US anyway)
2. When you add tracks to it, you must put ripped CDs into a folder under the artist or group's name - if you just add a folder with the album name it won't recognise the tracks (even though you can play them off the device via the PC, the Zip Clip operating system doesn't recognise them so you can't play them if you're not connected)
3. It seems to behave a little better if you install Rhapsody and disconnect the device from Rhapsody instead of using 'eject' from Windows (Rhapsody is yet another time-waster - keeps asking me to create an account but crashes on trying to connect to the internet).
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2012 11:03 AM GMT

New Ladies Off Shoulder Batwing Long Sleeved Womens Top 8-22
New Ladies Off Shoulder Batwing Long Sleeved Womens Top 8-22
Price: £2.30 - £9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars What is the fabric?, 21 Sep 2011
I don't own this, so ignore the 3 stars.

Why won't vendors say what the fabric is in the description? Is it cotton jersey? Is it plastic (sorry, "acrylic")? Who knows?

Folk Heritage Vol 3
Folk Heritage Vol 3
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Alternative Country-World-Rock, 15 Sep 2011
This review is from: Folk Heritage Vol 3 (Audio CD)
Stumbled on this album years ago and took a chance on it (I liked the artwork). Was pleasantly surprised to find it so listenable. It's not as folky as the title suggests, it's mostly contemporary country/world music or folk-rock. There are a few odd, but interesting tracks. Raining (My Eyes are Filled with Tears) has a haunting beauty. Six String Street has a great line about a car. Byker Hill and The Free Mexican Airwaves make me want to get up and dance.

On the strength of how good this album was, we bought the other two volumes, Folk Heritage I and II, but were a little disappointed by them. This one, though, is one of my favourites.

Table Topper Ironing Board
Table Topper Ironing Board
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little ironer, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Table Topper Ironing Board
I bought this to replace a full-sized ironing board because I rarely iron and begrudged the amount of space the big one took up. This one is just right - it's compact and folds down flat, but still has a decent-sized ironing area. The cover/pad is good, too.

One odd thing - there is a strange wire piece on the back that is, apparently, there for a reason, but it's unclear what that reason might be. We thought it might lock the board into an upright position but the board stays up without it. A mystery that doesn't require solving.

Nature's Way 5-HTP 60 Tablets
Nature's Way 5-HTP 60 Tablets
Offered by Chosen Vitamins (USA)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems too good to be true, 9 Mar 2011
I started taking this (and something called GABA, plus a lot of vitamins esp calcium and magnesium, and a change to a high protein diet) after reading a book by Julia Ross, The Mood Cure. Started reading the book because I was all stressed out at work, couldn't sleep, and had a massive panic attack. Honestly thought I was having a heart attack, it was so sudden and painful. To cut a long story short, she recommended this stuff. I cannot believe the difference it's made, in a positive way, to my life. Sleeping better, not biting the heads off my work colleagues, enjoying life. It's as if a light bulb switched on and I'm myself again. Work still stinks, but I'm much better able to cope with it. Note: There's a warning in the book on 5-HTP, don't take it if you have low blood pressure, but otherwise it seems to work like prozac without the side effects. Read the book!

The Mood Cure: Take Charge of Your Emotions in 24 Hours Using Food and Supplements

Eaonplus Purple On-Off Shoulder Gypsy Maxi Length Dress size 14/16
Eaonplus Purple On-Off Shoulder Gypsy Maxi Length Dress size 14/16

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely dress, bit too long for a short person, 20 Feb 2011
This was a gift for a short person (160 cm, 5'3") but will have to be taken up, so perfect if you're tall. It's also a bit tight under the arms - the sizing says it's for a 42" bust but I don't think it's quite big enough for that. Lovely fabric, nice crinkly cotton and good strong colour.

Premier Housewares Rubberwood Criss Cross Magazine Rack - 38 x 36 x 32 cm
Premier Housewares Rubberwood Criss Cross Magazine Rack - 38 x 36 x 32 cm
Offered by NOVELTY STORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice magazine rack, bit of a a puzzle to assemble, 3 Oct 2010
This magazine rack is very simple and effective. Nice clean lines. It took two of us a little while to figure out how to put it together, but it does only fit together one way.

Manga Studio Debut 4.0 (Mac/PC CD)
Manga Studio Debut 4.0 (Mac/PC CD)
Offered by Limestone

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't use it on a netbook, 15 Oct 2009
I've never been able to use it. :( I bought this software to play with on train journeys - but my netbook hasn't got a CD drive and it absolutely will not run without the CD. So I uninstalled it and it's sitting on the shelf unused.

Customer support were fairly responsive about it - they replied quickly to my queries, and they _say_ that it says plainly (somewhere) that the CD is required to run it. I didn't notice that, so to me, it's been a waste of money and time trying to get it to work. It's a pity because it looks useful and interesting.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2010 8:58 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2