Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

6 ROLLS CLEAR PACKING TAPE, PARCEL TAPE
6 ROLLS CLEAR PACKING TAPE, PARCEL TAPE
Offered by Brown Source Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and pointless, 27 Jun. 2015
Very cheap. The tape splits when you least expect it. I guess you get what you pay for, won't be buying from them again.

10 Sets Bronze Magnetic Bag Clasps 18mm--Great for Sewing, Craft, Clothing, Bag, Scrapbooking, and More
Offered by Little Freckle LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 29 Mar. 2015
Arrived quickly, good quality.

Romika Amelie 03, Womens Boots, Brown (Moro 352), 5 UK
Romika Amelie 03, Womens Boots, Brown (Moro 352), 5 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Look great, shame about the unnecessary popper, 29 Mar. 2015
They look terrific. I bought these to replace a similar pair that I absolutely loved and wore out. These aren't quite as comfortable (the sole isn't as bouncy) but they're okay for walking. What's a bit annoying is that the previous pair had elastic on the side opposite the zip, and these have an entirely pointless popper. You don't need to unpop them to put them on (it has a zip!) and the popper has an annoying habit of UNpopping when I walk downstairs. It's happening a bot less over time as the leather gets more supple, but I very nearly sent them back because of the flapping around the ankle.

Closer to Home (The Herald Spy Book 1) (The Herald Spy Trilogy)
Closer to Home (The Herald Spy Book 1) (The Herald Spy Trilogy)

2.0 out of 5 stars Started reading it and it's like walking into season 3 of a long-running tv show, 29 Mar. 2015
This is billed as "The Herald Spy Book 1" but it's clearly not the first book in a series, it's a continuation of some other, unnamed series featuring characters I've never heard of. Started reading it and it's like walking into season 3 of a long-running tv show. Disappointed.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2015 4:46 PM BST

Atkins 37g Day Break Cappuccino Nut Bars - 4 x box of 5 (20 Bars)
Atkins 37g Day Break Cappuccino Nut Bars - 4 x box of 5 (20 Bars)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious. The best of all the flavours, 3 Sept. 2014
Love these. They're creamy on the outside, and crunchy with big almond pieces inside. Unlike other Atkins bars which are mostly cloyingly sweet, these are just inside the edge of not-too-sweet. Terrific with a hot drink.

SanDisk SDMX18-004G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 4 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-004G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 4 GB, Black
Offered by United Photo

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken out of the box - don't waste your time if you can't return it for a new one, 12 Dec. 2012
I bought this while on holiday after reading the reviews. All I wanted was an easy-to-use MP3 player to play my own music. I didn't want to sign up for a music service, no bells & whistles. This seemed perfect. Unfortunately, there is some kind of fault with it. I keep getting memory errors on it -- when connected to the PC it displays a 'cannot read' error followed by a hex address. I can click 'continue' half a dozen times and it carries on but it is flaky and unreliable. It won't switch on, it won't switch off. Leaving it overnight helps. It started off okay -- it let me load a test album and played fine. So then I loaded 3GB of albums and it crashed half way through 'refreshing media'. So then I tried loading a FEW albums and it crashes again.

So now I'm at the point of having to load ONE album at a time, disconnect it and check that it refreshes the media. I can do this maybe twice before it refuses to work again until it has a little lie-down. Such a waste of time.

I've learned a couple of things:

1. Don't buy electronics overseas. If it's broken then it doesn't matter how much you save if you can't return it (and frankly, it wasn't THAT much cheaper in the US anyway)
2. When you add tracks to it, you must put ripped CDs into a folder under the artist or group's name - if you just add a folder with the album name it won't recognise the tracks (even though you can play them off the device via the PC, the Zip Clip operating system doesn't recognise them so you can't play them if you're not connected)
3. It seems to behave a little better if you install Rhapsody and disconnect the device from Rhapsody instead of using 'eject' from Windows (Rhapsody is yet another time-waster - keeps asking me to create an account but crashes on trying to connect to the internet).
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2012 11:03 AM GMT

New Ladies Off Shoulder Batwing Long Sleeved Womens Top 8-22
New Ladies Off Shoulder Batwing Long Sleeved Womens Top 8-22
Price: £1.78 - £7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars What is the fabric?, 21 Sept. 2011
I don't own this, so ignore the 3 stars.

Why won't vendors say what the fabric is in the description? Is it cotton jersey? Is it plastic (sorry, "acrylic")? Who knows?

Folk Heritage III
Folk Heritage III

5.0 out of 5 stars Alternative Country-World-Rock, 15 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Folk Heritage III (Audio CD)
Stumbled on this album years ago and took a chance on it (I liked the artwork). Was pleasantly surprised to find it so listenable. It's not as folky as the title suggests, it's mostly contemporary country/world music or folk-rock. There are a few odd, but interesting tracks. Raining (My Eyes are Filled with Tears) has a haunting beauty. Six String Street has a great line about a car. Byker Hill and The Free Mexican Airwaves make me want to get up and dance.

On the strength of how good this album was, we bought the other two volumes, Folk Heritage I and II, but were a little disappointed by them. This one, though, is one of my favourites.

Table Topper Ironing Board
Table Topper Ironing Board
Offered by Ur Choice

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little ironer, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Table Topper Ironing Board
I bought this to replace a full-sized ironing board because I rarely iron and begrudged the amount of space the big one took up. This one is just right - it's compact and folds down flat, but still has a decent-sized ironing area. The cover/pad is good, too.

One odd thing - there is a strange wire piece on the back that is, apparently, there for a reason, but it's unclear what that reason might be. We thought it might lock the board into an upright position but the board stays up without it. A mystery that doesn't require solving.

Nature's Way 5-HTP 60 Tablets
Nature's Way 5-HTP 60 Tablets
Offered by albert on the go

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems too good to be true, 9 Mar. 2011
I started taking this (and something called GABA, plus a lot of vitamins esp calcium and magnesium, and a change to a high protein diet) after reading a book by Julia Ross, The Mood Cure. Started reading the book because I was all stressed out at work, couldn't sleep, and had a massive panic attack. Honestly thought I was having a heart attack, it was so sudden and painful. To cut a long story short, she recommended this stuff. I cannot believe the difference it's made, in a positive way, to my life. Sleeping better, not biting the heads off my work colleagues, enjoying life. It's as if a light bulb switched on and I'm myself again. Work still stinks, but I'm much better able to cope with it. Note: There's a warning in the book on 5-HTP, don't take it if you have low blood pressure, but otherwise it seems to work like prozac without the side effects. Read the book!

The Mood Cure: Take Charge of Your Emotions in 24 Hours Using Food and Supplements

Page: 1 | 2