Profile for Debbie Brown > Reviews

Content by Debbie Brown

Debbie Brown

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Sleeping Doll: Kathryn Dance Book 1 (Kathryn Dance thrillers)
The Sleeping Doll: Kathryn Dance Book 1 (Kathryn Dance thrillers)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 29 July 2013
I read a hard copy of Deaver's latest Kathryn Dance novel XO when on holiday and was motivated to immediately purchase the first two on kindle - I like this character better than the Lincoln Rhymes character, although those novels are also interesting. This book has some twists and turns, some of which you can see coming, while others are more surprising.

Roadside Crosses: Kathryn Dance Book 2 (Kathryn Dance thrillers)
Roadside Crosses: Kathryn Dance Book 2 (Kathryn Dance thrillers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 29 July 2013
I find Jeffery Deaver's books interesting as a rule and particularly like the Kathryn Dance series. This one has more twists and turns than a roller coaster, and I have to admit that I did not see the final curve coming! I won't say any more to preserve the mystery for future readers!

Mental Capacity Act Manual
Mental Capacity Act Manual
by Richard Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful text, 29 July 2013
I used to use Jones's Mental Health Act Manual as an Approved Social Worker several years ago, so I am aware of his reputation and the style of his manuals. I bought this as a reference text to enable me to set up training for practitioners working with the Mental Capacity Act, and fully expect it to be extremely useful. My only gripe is that, as usual, the manuals are expensive and date so quickly.

iGO  Keyjuice Includes Sync Cable and Charge Keyring for iPod, iPhone or iPad
iGO Keyjuice Includes Sync Cable and Charge Keyring for iPod, iPhone or iPad
Offered by firefly-music-store

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful stand-by, 29 July 2013
I have not yet had occasion to use this as I bought it as a stand-by. My partner has had one for a while and rates it. My only concern is that the wire between USB jack and the I-pad/phone connector is very short - for me this means that my device will be either dangling, or sitting on the floor once plugged into my computer.

Ladies' Full foot lenght Arch Support Foot Pain Relief Orthotic Insoles: Deep Heel Cups; Suitable for pronation; Prominent parts to inosculate foot shape
Offered by Superinsoles

4.0 out of 5 stars Seem to be helping, 29 July 2013
I wasn't sure what to expect with these, as some people had told me that orthotic insoles could be uncomfortable, although beneficial. However, so far I have found these very comfy and they do appear to be helping to resolve pain from fallen arches. My only problem is that I have wide feet, with high insteps and these do lift your foot within the shoe. At the moment I am using them in relatively loose sandals, but have yet to try them in my conventional lace up shoes, and am not sure whether I will be able to get them done up with these insoles in.

Advent: Advent Trilogy 1
Advent: Advent Trilogy 1

2.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 29 July 2013
I thought that this sounded really interesting from the blurb, and downloaded a sample which did seem intriguing. However, when I downloaded the full book I was disappointed - the story dragged on and became more and more confusing, and I became less and less interested in seeing how it ended. Eventually I gave up and have not yet finished reading it.

It's Not Me, It's You!: Impossible perfectionist, 27, seeks very very very tidy woman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny as I had hoped, 29 July 2013
I have found Jon to be very witty when I have seen him on TV, however this book did not really live up to that. It has its funny moments but not really enough to keep me interested.

Santa's Christmas List - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Santa's Christmas List - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Gift, 29 July 2013
Couldn't be with my parents last Christmas so ordered this as a gift for my father, with just an instruction to Mum to get him to log onto the computer on Christmas Day. I was able to order and pay for it in advance to arrive on the actual day, so very easy to use and no spoiled surprise due to receiving something through the post before or after the date. Would definitely use them again.

Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography
Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny., 29 July 2013
Loved this book - Jason writes very much as he speaks and the stories of his childhood made me laugh out loud at times - very disconcerting for my partner when reading in bed!

Kitchen Confidential
Kitchen Confidential

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 29 July 2013
Interesting insight into kitchen etiquette from the 1970s. Some bits were funny and others a little disturbing! Overall I enjoyed it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4