Profile for bookworm8 > Reviews

Macbeth [DVD]
Macbeth [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart

4.0 out of 5 stars Some scenes scary for younger teens., 27 July 2014
This review is from: Macbeth [DVD] (DVD)
An interesting production, bought to use with students, but decided not to as the 'nurse' scenes are rather scary for students who spend a lot of time in hospital!
I enjoyed it and have no complaints, but on viewing the whole thing, it was not appropriate for the intended purpose.

It arrived promptly, well-packed, worked well - no problems.

TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White
TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White

4.0 out of 5 stars and I understand that LED lights are quite energy efficient so I am very pleased with this, 4 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ideal for spotlights, and I understand that LED lights are quite energy efficient so I am very pleased with this. It is not a harsh light. I have it in a spotlight fitting that takes three bulbs and altogether these give sufficient light to read or stitch by. Very satisfied and will buy more when I need replacements.

Dynamic Fat Burner 1200 mg Raspberry Ketones Capsules - Pack of 60 Capsules
Dynamic Fat Burner 1200 mg Raspberry Ketones Capsules - Pack of 60 Capsules

3.0 out of 5 stars These are easy to take and did not upset my stomach at ..., 4 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are easy to take and did not upset my stomach at all.
I have not found any weight loss yet but I have only been taking them for a week and have kept my exercise and food intake just as normal. I will keep taking them and hope that I see results soon. I have not found any other difference in how I feel - e.g. more energy but that may come if the weight loss does.
Worth a try.

Ecovillages: Lessons for Sustainable Community
Ecovillages: Lessons for Sustainable Community
by Karen T. Litfin

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good information, interesting accounts of visits, 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lots of good information, interesting accounts of visits. Not quite so good on how to make our leaders learn the lessons, but still a very interesting, thought-provoking read. Recommended.

Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar for GCSE - Digital Tester and Handbook
Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar for GCSE - Digital Tester and Handbook
by CGP Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful dvd version of the ever-popular CGP book on grammar, 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Useful dvd version of the ever-popular CGP book on grammar, etc, Students can keep track of their progress using this, and the handy booklet that comes with it contains all the information you should need. I intend using it with a few slower learners to aid the build-up of their basic skills.

When the Guns Fall Silent
When the Guns Fall Silent
by James Riordan

4.0 out of 5 stars Riordan's book is a useful teaching accessory - its a must read for anyone ..., 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Riordan's book is a useful teaching accessory - its a must read for anyone studying WW2, particularly teenagers. Lots of information, well presented and clearly delivered. A worthwhile read for anyone.

An American Bride in Kabul: A Memoir
An American Bride in Kabul: A Memoir
by Phyllis Chesler

2.0 out of 5 stars I did not enjoy it., 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Chesler returned from Kabul after 10 weeks. From the blurb I'd imagined she was there at least several years. Her account is brief, repetitive and reveals a self-centred woman who gave no thought to attempting to respect the culture she married into. No wonder her father-in-law gave her a ticket back to America. If you want to know about life in Kabul, read something else. If you want a short account of a selfish woman who lived very briefly in Kabul, this might fit the bill. I did not enjoy it.

The Lying Down Room (Serge Morel 1)
The Lying Down Room (Serge Morel 1)
by Anna Jaquiery

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like crime novels, 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well-written, Paris in August seems to come off the page, and with a satisfying plot and intriguing main character (Serge Morel), this book was a treat. If you like crime novels, read and enjoy. If not, this one may convert you.

It Happens in the Dark
It Happens in the Dark
by Carol O'Connell

3.0 out of 5 stars Kathy Mallory (the book is one in a series about this detective) is a flawed character and for me that was no problem but the wr, 3 July 2014
This review is from: It Happens in the Dark (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is not as dark or as well-written as Jo Nesbo's work, by a long way.
Kathy Mallory (the book is one in a series about this detective) is a flawed character and for me that was no problem but the writing and the way the main character was presented became very tedious. Lots of repeated descriptions of the main character padding out and slowing down the work, and Mallory did not change or develop as the book went on. OK for a light detective read. For real enjoyment, I would not bother reading any more about this detective.

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
by Matthew Quick

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad and Beautiful., 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not for the faint-hearted, but an interesting, sad, fascinating read. I found the style (first person, with footnotes) worked well for me, and the subject (suicide, after - not to give away the plot - perpetrating a serious event) sensitively and perceptively handled. A very good read for adults and for older teens. I would not personally give it to an under-15.
Leonard is very believable, adding to the sadness. I hope you read it - I'm glad I did, in spite of the sadness.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20