Profile for Xerxes Anderblast > Reviews

Content by Xerxes Anderblast

Xerxes Anderblast (York UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Office Chair Desk Chair Racing Chair Computer Chair Gaming chair with High Back PU Leather Executive (Black&White)
Offered by great-deal-forever

4.0 out of 5 stars Great except for assembly., 23 Jan. 2015
This is a great looking chair particularly if you have a custom built rig with a red/black theme, which I do. Assembly "should" be fairly straightforward with 12 screws but as other reviewers have said, the alignment of the screws is not very good and as a result they have a tendency to strip the ends of the threads. Once complete, after a struggle, it looks very classy and modern. If not for the screws I would have given it five stars.

Russell Hobbs 18358 Power Cyclonic Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Russell Hobbs 18358 Power Cyclonic Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by ARMCO

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful And well Built., 16 Jan. 2015
I used to have an Electrolux Boss Plus vacuum cleaner which was very powerful but I am short on storage space so I got a Hoover cylinder bagless cleaner about which the less said the better - I gave it away to a friend ! I needed a replacement so after some reading I bought one of these. I am totally impressed; bearing in mind it is mainly plastic it is very solidly built and one feature I really like is that the tools don't fall off when I am using it, a big problem with the Electrolux. It can get any hairs or other muck out of the carpet and the cylinder is top fed so it doesn't chuck dirt all over when you empty it.
Totally recommended.

Dell P2815Q 28 inch Ultra HD 4K LED Monitor (1000:1, 300 cd/m2, 3840 x 2160, 5ms, DP/HDMI)
Offered by sotel-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the bad reviews, 16 Nov. 2014
I just bought one of these "Dell Refurbished" (not from Amazon). I was previously using a Dell 2K 27 inch monitor so in terms of size and resolution it wasn't a huge advance on what I had previously. Overall it is lovely and I cannot understand the complaints about these. I am playing Far Cry 3 on it and the moment is performance is perfect possibly because my PC has graphics way in excess of what even this monitor requires. Note since most HDMI only support 30 Hz you may get a warning window when you boot up - you have to use Displayport or Mini Displayport to use 60 Hz.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2014 12:51 AM GMT

Dell UltraSharp U2713H 27" Widescreen LED Monitor, 2560 x 1440, HDMI, DVI-DL, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, USB 3.0, 1000:1, 6ms, Black, High Colour Gamut and Depth
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality display, 13 May 2014
I picked up one of these recently as an upgrade to my previous 24" monitor. My example was "refurbished" - it has a couple of tiny purple patches on the screen which only show when the screen is black but not with any other colour. I can't really echo any of the "con's" here - the display base is flat with a plastic outer case over a heavy alloy interior and the stand itself simply clips to the monitor. The software and drivers installed without a problem and the screen controls are easy to use. The display itself is great , very much sharper and more colourful than my previous Benq monitor which was a TN panel. 27 inches is a nice size too - I had been looking at a 29 inch 21:9 monitor but I am pushed for space so 27 is big enough without being overwhelming.
The only con was the printed instructions which are utterly useless, a scrap of paper more or less.
I have to say that I wouldn't pay full price for one of these as the new 4K monitors are appearing in that price range, but for the time being I am very happy.
PS the screen was set to 75% brightness when I installed but I reduced this to 50% and it is still very bright!

Luxor Gloss Workstation/Desk with Hidden Drawer White
Luxor Gloss Workstation/Desk with Hidden Drawer White
Offered by Ryman Stationery and Office Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong desk, 2 May 2014
I bought one of these recently after much searching. Although I wanted a glass desk they are very expensive and my custom PC weighs 25 Kg so the eventual solution had to be very strong as my PC sits on top of the desk. It is surprisingly robust with the top and side panels no less than 1.5 inches thick, and after offering a hand to the delivery driver I let him carry it himself - this would be more or less impossible for one person to carry any distance!
Self assembly is fairly straightforward except for Step 11 (drawer runners) BUT the front rung under the drawer is a very bad fit and will need modifying, a slight blemish on an otherwise great looking piece of furniture. I decided this wasn't enough to merit removing a star.

Dell Inspiron M5110 15.6-inch Laptop - Black (AMD A4 3300M 1.9GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, AMD Radeon HD 6480G, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)
Offered by wowtech

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking & Powerful, 23 Aug. 2013
I bought one of these used on ebay with a dead hard drive, being mainly attracted by the looks (ruby red) and decent specs. After swapping the hard drive for a new one and upgrading the RAM to 8GB - easy because it has 2 slots and only one is occupied by a 4GB stick - it really is a powerful machine particularly in respect of the graphics which on my example are ATI 6520g. I have found that I can run the Trainz 2004 rail simulator on it with ease although this is a very demanding game for a laptop.
Connectivity is excellent too, with 3 x USB 3.0 ports and one USB/Sata combined and built in Bluetooth.
That said there is one major drawback to this laptop, namely that if you wish to change the hard drive or the CMOS battery these are fixed to the UNDERSIDE of the motherboard and thus access to them is only by completely dismantling the laptop right down to the motherboard! I knew this in advance so I got it cheap but you have been warned - if anything goes wrong and you are not tech savvy it will need to go back to Dell or a repair shop.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega, 5 Aug. 2013
I recently purchased two of these fans to use in conjunction with a Phobya Xtreme 200 radiator on my watercooled computer. They are one of only about four 200mm fans on the market and are a) Cheap b) reasonably powerful c) Pretty by virtue of their LED's.
The resulting combo of fans and radiator not only looks great but performs incredibly well.
Highly recommended!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Replacement Laptop Battery + Floureon Micro USB SD Card Reader for Acer 934T2180F AS07B31 AS07B32 AS07B41 AS07B42 AS07B51 AS07B52 AS07B71 AS07B72 BT.00803.024 BT.00804.020 BT.00805.011 BT.00807.014 LC.BTP00.007 as07bx1 aso7b41 bt.00604.025 lc.btp00.008

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 5 Aug. 2013
I sourced this on behalf of a friend for his wifes laptop where the battery was more or less dead. The price was quite cheap and it was quickly delivered and performed like a trouper. Highly recommended!

Samsung SE-208DB/TSBS External DVD Writer
Samsung SE-208DB/TSBS External DVD Writer
Offered by Sky Buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 15 Feb. 2013
I recently decided to go "external" on my desktop PC and eventually decided on this external DVD drive. Samsung have, unfortunately, an incredibly confusing system for describing these products so it is really hard to decipher exactly what you are buying.
Anyway , in the box you get a) the drive b) USB 2.0 cable (NOT USB 3.0) c) Software disc including NERO 10 Essentials d) Useless instruction leaflet telling you little more than how to plug it in!
When I did so and put the disc in, I thought I had bought a "dud" - the level of vibration was absolutely incredible but after installation this disappeared. NERO 10 initially failed to install but after another try it went in OK. Other than that I cannot fault the drive, as the picture and sound quality when playing a DVD is superb.Trial 30 day versions of Powerlink are included but these are essentially bloatware so I didn't install them.
Maybe not the best quality as it is of plastic construction but it is reasonably priced and gets the job done so overall 5/5.

sair AX860i 860W 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply Unit
sair AX860i 860W 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply Unit
Offered by ATELCO Computer AG

3.0 out of 5 stars Close but no cigar, 31 Jan. 2013
I bought the Corsair AX860i as part of a large upgrade to my PC recently. When you get it out of the box, the first thing which strikes you is the excessive packaging (velvet bag for the PSU for gods sake) and the huge bundle of cables and extras.Its a very well made unit BUT I was installing it in a HAF-X case and I immediately found that the two 8 pin ATX cables my mobo requires weren't long enough! That is to say one would barely stretch and the other required the 8 pin extension cable supplied with the HAF-X. As for the bundled cables they are all full length with 4 connectors (molex or SATA) on each. It would be more sensible if one or two had say 1 or 2 connectors instead of having them hanging like bunches of grapes where I only need one. When I asked Corsair about this I received a terse reply that they "don't do custom length cables and using any others would invalidate the warranty". For this I paid £175?
My advice would be - if you are using a large case measure your required case carefully and if the Corsair PSU won't fit, look elsewhere. You'll find that when they have your money they don't care.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2013 2:38 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3