Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Leon K Fox > Reviews

Content by Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox

Nintendo 3DS XL LL 2 in 1 USB Sync Charger Power Cable Cord Lead - BRAND NEW
Nintendo 3DS XL LL 2 in 1 USB Sync Charger Power Cable Cord Lead - BRAND NEW
Offered by RoughCurve

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken on arrival, do not recommend., 12 April 2015
I knew that such a cheap cable would probably not have a long life span, but I never got so much as one use out of this and it was already broken. Tried using it from a PC, mains socket, portable battery charger...got no response each time. Would recommend getting your 3DS USB cable from elsewhere.

Doctor Who - Series 5, Volume 3 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Doctor Who - Series 5, Volume 3 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Amy's Choice is BRILLIANT, the Silurian two parter however..., 1 Sept. 2010
Wow...just...wow. Other than the last few minutes when Rory gets shot to protect The Doctor and everything after that which was brilliant, this two parter was absolute garbage of the highest level.

It was the same old thing, Silurians (or Sea Devils) propose a peace, something goes tits up, there's a big battle/chase and they go into Hibernation again, it was so predictable and I knew that was pretty much what was going to go down all the way through.

The new "Silurians" (emphasis on quotations) made me cringe every second they were on screen, with their generic Star Trek alien vibe and overall pretty damn generic look, I'm sorry Moffat but this is the first time I can say you've done a terrible job on any aspect of Doctor Who. I could so clearly see they were actors in costumes, I couldn't push my suspension of disbelief at all and Doctor Who normally makes me do that however bad the story is, classic or new series.

It's also horridly bigoted that people defend the new design because "it allows us to connect with them better as they have human faces". So if something doesn't look like a human you can't connect with it, with a mindset like that, aren't you missing/ignoring one of Doctor Who's key messages throughout its history regarding how one should react to those different to them?

For the return of the Silurians it was a let down of epic proportions. Easily the worst 2 episodes of Series 5/Series 31 alongside The Big Bang, the worst story feature said creatures and it's replaced Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks as my least favourite post 2005 two parter.

2/10 without a second thought.

Doctor Who - Series 5, Volume 4 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Doctor Who - Series 5, Volume 4 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars A very over rated finale combined with two enjoyable episodes., 1 Sept. 2010
I would have rated this three stars as it has the excellent episode "Vincent and The Doctor" on it, as well as the very enjoyable episode "The Lodger" but the finale was so bad that three stars would be suggesting I'm giving it more credit than it deserves.

I did actually rather enjoy The Pandorica Opens as I first watched it, but sadly its god awful follow up, The Big Bang has ruined it for me forever. People say The Big Bang was clever, but I know of a more fitting word that sums up the finale, and that word is convoluted.

I actually let several of my non Who fan friends watch this, and they all said "Wow, this guy is REALLY trying to convince us that he's clever, isn't he?" all too true sadly, as much as I've loved some of Moffat's previous work in Series 1-4 and even this series.

Plus, people say the Russel T Davies episodes had dues ex machinas and made The Doctor a god in the way he was able to get out of the situations he wrote him into...so what does that make Amy being able to bring him back by getting sentimental, saying a childish nursery rhyme and being able to return home?

Also, I hated how The Big Bang was just big event after big event, there was no real pacing to speak of, it constantly tried to be exhilarating and fell flat as a result. Plus, why did The Doctor not have to regenerate after getting shot by a Dalek when that almost killed him in The Stolen Earth back in Series 4?

Plus, I know this is a statement that relates to The Pandorica Opens, but Rory being able to come back was SO predictable, totally killed the only meaningful moment in "Silurian" two parter. People would have RTD hung for that, what makes Moffat any different?

All in all, a very over rated finale to what was a (mostly) otherwise enjoyable series. Alongside the "Silurian" (quote unquote) two parter The Big Bang was the weakest episode of Series 5.

Series 5 had its great episodes though, don't get me wrong (The Eleventh Hour, The Time of Angels, Flesh and Stone, Amy's Choice and Vincent and The Doctor) and one very good one (The Lodger) but it also had its fair share of medicority (The Beast Below, Victory of the Daleks, Vampires in Venace) and some god awful ones which I've elaborated on here.

Home On The Range [DVD] [2004]
Home On The Range [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Disney SERIOUSLY consider this a "classic?", 28 Aug. 2010
I am baffled by the fact this was released under the name of "Walt Disney Classics" DREAMWORKS have made more meaningful and well made pictures than this, Shreks 1 and 2 being examples. With how bad this film was I can see why they didn't make another traditionally animated film until 2009, this is easily the worst film they've ever made that wasn't related to High School Musical, Hannah Montannah etc. Thankfully their next feature,Princess and the Frog which while not a classic was a VAST improvement on this...eugh.

Little Mermaid (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Little Mermaid (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Walt Disney
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars The Little Mermaid... an over rated one for sure., 23 Aug. 2010
No offence intended to anyone who loves this film, but this is one of my least favourite Disney films and least favourite of the Renaissance era Disney films.

One' main reason is the protagonist, the way I saw it, Ariel was a shallow teen angster who falls' in love with a guy in 5 minutes, humilates her father when she has all the free time in the world, drags her friend into situations he's uncomfortable in and gives up everyone who's ever cared for her for the sake of a hot guy. :/

She has no real reason to be so fascinated with the outside world and want a different life to the one she has under' the sea,' compared to say Belle from Beauty and the Beast who was an outcast in her village, or even Melody in this film's sequel.

All in all, a very weak and shallow film, I reccomend skipping it and sticking to other films from the era, ESPECIALLY Beauty and the Beast, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Tarzan.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2011 12:51 PM GMT