Profile for Carol > Reviews

Underworks Post Delivery Girdle Belt - Maternity Belt - Post Natal 26-36 Waist
Underworks Post Delivery Girdle Belt - Maternity Belt - Post Natal 26-36 Waist
Offered by Underworks UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't get much use out of it, 27 Jun 2011
In the first weeks after my c-section, I found it very uncomfortable to put anything around my waist. I thought it might be useful a little later on, but my doctor has told me that the best thing to regain my shape would be to allow my abdominal muscles to do a little work, where a girdle would reduce the use of those muscles.

Worlds Apart Vehicle Sling Bookcase
Worlds Apart Vehicle Sling Bookcase

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice-looking bookcase, needed some adjustment to assemble, 27 Jun 2011
My 4-year-old loves this bookcase, which is the perfect height for him to reach in and get books out himself. For his thin books with large covers, this bookcase is ideal as it displays the front cover rather than a barely visible spine. (Not so ideal for heavy or thick books.)

The design is very nice and we keep the bookcase in our son's room for bedtime reading. One or two of the wooden bars that go across were slightly shorter than the others, so we had to put in a little cardboard to assemble correctly.

Duracell Rechargeable DRC4L Battery for Canon NB-4L Digital Camera
Duracell Rechargeable DRC4L Battery for Canon NB-4L Digital Camera
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the original battery that came with the camera, 27 Jun 2011
I have had this battery for a month and found it to work exactly the same as the Canon original. It fits well into the battery charger & the camera.

Angelcare Nappy Disposal System
Angelcare Nappy Disposal System
Offered by Thinkprice

4.0 out of 5 stars Good nappy bin, keeps odours away, 27 Jun 2011
This nappy bin works every bit as well as another one we have in the house that costs 4 times as much. Good at keeping odours away and easy to use. It holds about two days' worth of nappies (for a 3-month-old). I find it a little stiff to open for emptying out, but once I did it a few times, I got the knack.

Shreds Shaun the Sheep Green Plastic Coated Apron
Shreds Shaun the Sheep Green Plastic Coated Apron

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and protective apron, 30 Mar 2010
I bought this for my 3-year-old, who is a big fan of Shaun the Sheep, and likes to help when we're preparing meals. It's a great product, protects him from messiness, and gets him excited about participating in the kitchen. As it's coated in plastic, it's easy to wipe clean.

The only drawback is that he is a bit small for it, so we use a clip to secure the strap that goes over his head.

Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 All-in-1 Media Card Reader/Writer
Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 All-in-1 Media Card Reader/Writer
Offered by Firmbarn Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 30 Mar 2010
This reader never disappoints: I have used it for a few different types of media cards and it always works perfectly. Good download speed of videos and photos. I've had it for about three years and it still works great.

Baby Bath with Adjustable Arms
Baby Bath with Adjustable Arms

3.0 out of 5 stars Great when it works, 11 Nov 2007
This baby bath has been really handy -- uses less water and is easier to clean than using an adult bathtub. It fits easily over our bathtub and now that my 8-month-old is able to sit up, I can use it without the arms and put it right into the floor of our bathtub. The only problem is that the drainage plug seems to wear out easily and quite a lot of water leaks out through the bottom.

Monty Python: The Movies (4 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Monty Python: The Movies (4 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Cleese
Offered by BIG Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny!, 19 April 2006
These are absolute classics. Very impressive how they were created with funny dialogue and impeccable delivery, on very little budget.

The extras are hilarious. The "Holy Grail" DVD has a feature called "killer rabbit" that allows the viewer to see what it cost to film some of the scenes. Also includes a LEGO rendition of the Camelot scene, and an instructive clip on use of coconuts.

First, Break All The Rules
First, Break All The Rules
by Marcus Buckingham

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting way of linking good management to company performance, 19 April 2006
Given how many business management books there are, it is refreshing to see a research-based attempt to link specific aspects of management theory to company performance.

As a manager, I found this book to be helpful in backing up some things that made intuitive sense and in challenging some basic assumptions I had. It's a very positive way of thinking about how you bring out the strengths of the individuals on a team.

No book has the answers. This one has some thought-provoking findings that I've used to improve the way I manage.