Profile for schusz > Reviews

Content by schusz

schusz

Dragon Bound (Elder Races Novels)
Dragon Bound (Elder Races Novels)
by Thea Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars great start to the series...., 9 Jan 2012
I loved that story, just the idea of Pia, young woman who dare to steal from all and mighty Dragos gave me the thrill. The story itself is very interesting, I found Pia a bit different from other heroine characters in the books, I liked all the emotions going through her and the way she was so lost at the beggining, nothing like our typical kick ass heroines. Dragos was incredibly sexy and the fact he was an actual Dragon added interesting twist to the story. There is everything in this book, thieft, chase, action and romanse, characters are really funny, and I found it a really good read. I've already ordered the second instalment and waiting for it to come....

Slave to Sensation: The Psy-Changeling Series
Slave to Sensation: The Psy-Changeling Series
by Nalini Singh
Price: 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars good start to the series...., 9 Jan 2012
I've just finished reading the first book in the psy/changelling series titled Slave to Sensation, I have started it after reading Nalini's Archangel series because I've looked for something similiar in writing style. The first book in series is good, thought I felt it is not as good as her other series. The world she created is very interesting but I didn't feel that thrill I felt reading Archangel series. Still the book is worth reading, characters likeable, and the story interesting. It is romantic story and main character Sassha and Lucas are very likeable but the world created is so interesting I could actually go without it. I's a nice addition but I found myself more interested in learning about other groups and their society than just concentraing on main love story. I'm quite curious about other books, how the story will progress, and planing to start reading second installment very soon!

Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter Novels)
Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter Novels)
by Nalini Singh

3.0 out of 5 stars schusz, 14 Dec 2011
I've read three previous guild hunter books and thought they were excellent. I was very exited about fourth book knowing it's about Dmitri who was my fav character. But I must say the book is truly dissapointing. I thought the story was rather weak and it took quite a long time comparing to other books to finish it. Somehow I didn't recognise Dmitri in this book, I know that he couldn't possibly stay as that cold,sexi,demanding, cruell, down to earth man cause it would be raher hard to fit romanse in it but there was nothing left from his personality in this book, especially in later chapters, he was so not like himself anymore, totally forgettable. His story was heartbreaking but i have a really hard time beliving he would be mourning his wife for nearly 1000 years, whatever happened. Nalini did a great job with Raphael who is cold, hard and dominating on one hand but has a soft spot for Elena on the other, it didn't work with Dmitri thought. Actually I prefer to remember Dmitri as this sexy, interesting, old vampire as he was in previous books. I didn't really like his story with Honor that much, and I knew it will be hard one to get right. Honor was a very plain character, Dimitri would just crashed her in the real life I suppose, she was likeable, but no way fitting girl for Dmitri.It somehow didn't feel right. And the sex scenes........more than dissapointing, what about that honey all over the place??? Because it's Dmitri I thought the sex will blow me away but actually it was boring and again it didn't feel like it's Dmitri, vampire with hundreds of years experience. I gave it 3 stars because overall it wasn't totally awfull, but certainly the weakest book in the series, and it's a real shame about Dmitri becoming this rather forgettable creature.

A Brush of Darkness
A Brush of Darkness
by Allison Pang
Price: 4.82

2.0 out of 5 stars Booooring..., 25 Nov 2011
I seriously can't explain all the positive reviews here, I'm still trying to finish the book but it's so boring I may give up. The main character Abby, who is not very likeable, teams up with Ion who supossed to be dengerous and sexy incubus but I swear I've never seen more lame and not sexi at all incubus in my life. Their so called relationship is childish and doesn't feel real to me at all, It semms to be forced on them, and Ion is so not my type kind of guy, he supoosed to be every girl wet dream but even hearing it from Abby I have hard time beliving it. Overall, not the best book out there, I didn't completely hate it but I'd rather skip the next parts.