Profile for A. R. Smyth > Reviews

Content by A. R. Smyth

A. R. Smyth (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Seven Pillars of Wisdom (Classics of World Literature)
Seven Pillars of Wisdom (Classics of World Literature)
by T. E. Lawrence

3.0 out of 5 stars Dated, which could make it historically interesting but it's so dull., 10 Feb 2014
I got this book as a Christmas read after seeing and enjoying the famous film based on the same events. I was disappointed though but persevered through the pages thinking that things must improve at some point. They didn't. Mr Lawrence seemed more interested in telling me about the geology of the desert places he encountered than the actions he was engaged with or the culture he was dealing with. I tried to take in that he was a man of his time and was relating facts in such a manner, but still I could not get into the book. I know that it was a high selling book in its day but even as a "historical document" I found it devoid of interest.

Quality Black Leather Effect PU Briefcase / Attache Case with Brass Coloured Fittings
Offered by One Click Wonder

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money; buy something else instead, 10 Feb 2014
The old saying you get what you pay for comes to mind. When it arrived the product seemed good enough and fit for purpose. It was obvious that it could not match a more expensive case but the fabric acting like a hinge started pealing away from the frame after a while and now less than a year from the purchase date one of the metal catches has sheared rendering the case invalid as a document carrying device. Okay, I did use the case all but every day but I have not been "brutal" to it and was hoping to get at least two years' use out of it. So as I said in the caption; save your money; buy something else instead.

Fimo Polymer Modelling Clay Set: Soft Material Pack of 10 x25g Half Blocks
Fimo Polymer Modelling Clay Set: Soft Material Pack of 10 x25g Half Blocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, 12 Mar 2012
Having been recommended this product by a European friend I had not actually used it before. The instructions on the packet were not that detailed so I slightly burnt the first group of objects that I tried to bake. The second batch were fine (15 minutes at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, still a bit damp when hot but hardens as it cools). I thought it was great and went a lot further than I thought.

Puregadgets Wii Black Steering Wheel for Wii Remote Wiimote Controller
Puregadgets Wii Black Steering Wheel for Wii Remote Wiimote Controller

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as the real thing., 12 Mar 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The controller fits well in the wheel as well as it does in the wii wheel the only problem is the glass in the side of the does not allow enough enough of the signal out as it should. Though I was a little disappointed with this I could cope as a also have an actual wii wheel which I use in single contestant games or as the main controller in duel games.

Hadrian's Wall Path (National Trail Guides)
Hadrian's Wall Path (National Trail Guides)
by Anthony Burton

3.0 out of 5 stars MIlage Suspect, 25 July 2011
I have to say that I am pleased that I bought this book but found that I had to use it in conjuction with my OS maps, (three of). It did help to plan each day's start and end points. But it's flaw would be the miles quoted. If you go by what one fellow treker called "map miles" it is fairly accurate and on one of our days away we drove from one point to the next and the milage done by car was the same. However when walking we found it quite a different story adding at least two miles to each quoted section. Would I recommend it? Well yes it was useful to a point, but I would say use other source material along with it.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty not Practical, 18 Mar 2011
Very brittle product, two were broken in the post before they even got to me. The supplier was really good dealling with the problem on both occassions. But when I dropped the phone two months later the cover was destroyed. As I say looks good but not at all practical. Don't bother.

Your Love Never Fails
Your Love Never Fails
Offered by iconnectdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 8 Feb 2011
This review is from: Your Love Never Fails (Audio CD)
Love this CD. I have it in the car, play it all the time. Good lyrics and melodies; easy to sing along to!

500g - 7dayshop 50 Gram x 10 Silica Gel Sachets / Packs / Pouches / Bags - Absorbs moisture for storage and protection of valuable items - Also known as Dehumidifier Bags - Re-useable again and again!
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars It works fine, 8 Feb 2011
It's silica gel, it smells okay and it does the job. It's not exciting but it works; what more could you want?

The World Can Wait
The World Can Wait

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets better on every play, 9 Feb 2010
This review is from: The World Can Wait (Audio CD)
I bought this album for the first track only, but have been so impressed with the other tracks I hardly listen to the first one now. But as I say in the above title it grows on you; great for singing along to in the car!

FreeLogix - Loud 25W Megaphone / Horn Loud Speaker
FreeLogix - Loud 25W Megaphone / Horn Loud Speaker

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 9 Feb 2010
For the price I'd say this product is okay. I must admit that I was caught out by its size. I went by the picture and did not check the dimensions. Purchased for a youth group it is adequate, but if you want the real thing, get the real thing. You will have to pay a lot more though, something that I did not take into account

Page: 1 | 2