Profile for PEEL > Reviews

Content by PEEL

PEEL "Simple Things in life..." (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Star Wars 9 Inch Jawa Talking Plush with Light-Up Eyes
Star Wars 9 Inch Jawa Talking Plush with Light-Up Eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 27 Jan. 2014
A plush talking Jawa. Life is complete.
Looks to be well made. 5 year old loves it (so I can't have it)

Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation 2: The Complete Series (Star Trek / Doctor Who)
by Tony Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Very niche!, 27 Jan. 2014
Bought for husband for Christmas. As long as you like Dr Who & Next Gen, then you might like this. Husband enjoyed it.

UVEX SGL 204 Sports Glasses brown Size:One Size
UVEX SGL 204 Sports Glasses brown Size:One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars For cheap glasses they are well made and don't give me headaches., 27 Jan. 2014
I wanted some cheapish sports glasses for riding my bike. I was a little concerned if cheap glasses would give me a headache (as they used too), but no, all is well. Nice price, not too dark, not round too tight behind the ears.

Hawthorn and Child
Hawthorn and Child
by Keith Ridgway

1.0 out of 5 stars Well that's 8 hours of my life i'll never get back!, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Hawthorn and Child (Paperback)
Well thank you Mr Keith Ridgway, at least I know of one author to avoid in future.

I saw this book in the UK's best high street bookshop, with a review from one of the staff. I liked the cover (I know) and read a few pages and I was sold on this book.
After pretending to be a thriller, it turned out to be a collection of words in no order. I did complete reading Hawthorn&Child just to see if there was anything later that would redeem the book - there wasn't. I usually give my old books to charity, this one however I will use to light my stove.

Burt's Bees Baby Bee 170 g Original Lotion
Burt's Bees Baby Bee 170 g Original Lotion

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Brilliant, 21 Jun. 2011
I love this Baby lotion.
Bought this for my son who has eczema in the creases of his arms & knees, this is the best this (apart from Hydrocortisone). I now use it all over him. I'm now using it too.

Burt's Bees Hand Creme 57g
Burt's Bees Hand Creme 57g

5.0 out of 5 stars It really is miracle cream., 10 May 2011
I have used several hand creams, and the next day my hands were dry. I also have dry skin on the sides of both index fingers cream....Used Burts Bees Hand Creme, for 3 nights in a row, and that's it, no dry skin at all on my hands. I didn't see dryness for 2 weeks. I have now bought several baby creams for my son who as eczema under his eyes and in the creases in his knees & elbows, it just works. I have spent loads, to try and get something to work for him, the only thing that did was hydrocortisone perscribed from the doctor, but we don't want to use it to much. Burts bees just works!

Marvel Comics Characters Rotary Single Duvet
Marvel Comics Characters Rotary Single Duvet

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Quality., 26 Dec. 2010
I have never felt fabric like it. It is hard & very synthetic feeling. This will be used in a real emergency only.
I will still need to buy a decent duvet cover.

Mr Toppit
Mr Toppit
by Charles Elton

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear. I feel cheated!, 21 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Mr Toppit (Paperback)
A great Title & Cover (& I was sucked in)
What could be great characters were left to rot. What could be been a great story, was never more than a thought in the readers mind.
I just don't get it. What was it about?
I still want to know...This book is about a bunch of people who don't do much & not much happens to them. That said so are many book & you don't feel cheated, unlike reading Mr Toppit.

cradlesong
cradlesong
Offered by skyvo-direct

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you like general POP, 2 Nov. 2009
This review is from: cradlesong (Audio CD)
After all the reviews I read on Amazon, I was expecting MORE.
Not having heard of Rob Thomas before unlike most of the reviewers, I am not biased. This is nice enough, Rob has a nice voice, but it's little more than POP.
I have listened to the CD about 8 times now & my thoughts have not got any better. There is too much gereral POP in the world. I want depth & feeling.
This CD will be going to another home, not sure if's a friends or the charity shop yet

bibi soother holder, Collection
bibi soother holder, Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 7 Aug. 2009
Good Holder...It works.
Good clothes holder, but you need 2 hands to do it.
Nice catch to hold the dummy, if it fits through the wholes.

Page: 1 | 2