Profile for Soul Music Fan > Reviews

Give It Up to Love
Give It Up to Love
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Give It Up to Love (Audio CD)
Yes most Audioquest recordings deliver excellent sound quality but make no mistake this is music of the highest order. Mighty Sam McClain has a voice to die for - you can't sing songs like these without having experienced love, pain, injustice and salvation in large measure. I think this is a wonderful album - it epitomises integrity and humanity. It's clearly not for everyone and it's not for all times and all situations but I'm so glad I've been lucky enough to hear it.

Man Of My Word
Man Of My Word

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly great, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Man Of My Word (Audio CD)
I totally agree with Inky. This is a master class. A terrific vocalist delivering a set of great songs with command and conviction, backed by peerless musicians. It's a privilege to listen to this music. Adams knew that this was likely to be his last studio performance and delivers in full. Just perfect!

I'm Coming Home
I'm Coming Home
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, 26 Nov. 2014
This review is from: I'm Coming Home (Audio CD)
My parents bought this album back in the 70's and I always enjoyed listening to it. It has stood the test of time. Well written songs. great arrangements and Mathis' distinctive, warm, controlled vocals. It would certainly be in my Desert Island Discs Top 100. It is classy and timeless music, the songs have intriguing and thought provoking lyrics. I'm reluctant to use the phrase 'easy listening' but it's a thoroughly relaxing, enjoyable, uplifting experience. If you haven't heard Mathis sing Maria from West Side Story then seek it out - one of the vocal performances of the 1960's.

Pure Raspberry Ketones Diet Pills | 100% Pure Ketone Extract High Strength | 1 Month Supply | Innopure®
Offered by Get Gorgeous!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try, 28 Jun. 2014
Over the last few weeks I've combined a change in what I eat and drink, taking more exercise and using these pills and I've lost some weight and reduced my waist size by a couple of inches.
Clearly I can't be sure to what extent the pills have helped but I feel they may be having a positive effect.
I think this brand offers a high dose of raspberry ketones for the price.
So on that basis I'd certainly recommend this product to anyone looking to try raspberry ketones as a weight loss supplement.

The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 2 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Show Must Go On (MP3 Download)
I was aware of the reputation of this album as a 'lost masterpiece of 70's soul' and of the talent of Dees both as a vocalist, mainly through the Ace/Kent CD issues of unreleased demos, and as a song writer via the multitude of hits he's written for other artists. Indeed, I saw him perform in London back in the 90's.

All in all this is a fine album - Dees has a versatile, expressive voice and he delivers songs in a variety of tempos and styles ranging from heartfelt ballads to funky groovers - maybe not quite living up to the reputation it has garnered over the years but nevertheless well worth a place in any soul music collection (albeit in mp3 format) especially at this very reasonable price.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective but test on garments for discoloration before use., 5 Oct. 2011
Deo-Go was effective on a number of my polo shirts however I was unable to use it on 2 out of 8 garments because of a reaction with the dyes. The instructions do suggest you check for such problems before applying Deo-Go.
Certainly worth the money in that it has extended the life of a number of my shirts.

Allegiance
Allegiance
Offered by vinylsue

4.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat overproduced but includes some fine tracks, 23 April 2009
This review is from: Allegiance (Audio CD)
Skip past the first three tracks and settle down to some super fine ballads. The production may be a little too slick in places but that soulful voice shines through. I rate this album highly - certainly the most consistent of his Elektra releases - it contains some excellent melodic pop/R&B.

Missing You
Missing You
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars A classy collection of ballads, 7 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Missing You (Audio CD)
As a long-time admirer of Peabo Bryson I'm pleased to report that he is in fine voice on this collection of ballads. The album is a 'grower' - repeated plays bring increasing rewards to the listener. There are some programmed drums and keyboards but musicians ( who will be familiar to those acquainted with the smooth jazz genre ) such as Norman Brown, Paul Jackson Jr, Barry Eastmond and Ricky Lawson bring class and polish to the instrumentation, arrangements and production. All in all one of Peabo's most consistent offerings. I may be one of a diminishing number of people who appreciate well crafted songs sung in a pleading, soulful style but as such I have no hesitation in recommending this CD. Peabo deserves our support and appreciation for continuing to make music of such high quality.

Move Into Soul
Move Into Soul

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth searching out, 6 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Move Into Soul (Audio CD)
This release appears to have slipped beneath the radar which is a great shame because it deserves wider recognition. Primarily a collection of covers, each of which is updated and reworked to fine effect. Shaun's vocals are outstanding throughout and the arrangements and production are excellent. Fans of 'traditional soul/R&B' seeking contemporary works of merit should certainly check this out.

Dig
Dig
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure class !, 10 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Dig (Audio CD)
I bought this CD after hearing Miss Riddle on a Jazz FM compilation. I loved the lazy, atmospheric, West Coast feel of that track. I'm pleased to report that there are several tracks with a similar groove on this CD, namely 'Thanks To You' and 'Desire'. Other tracks have more blues, pop and R&B influences but all benefit from Scaggs' distinctive vocals, the input of quality musicians and excellent production. All-in-all, highly recommended.