Profile for SLow > Reviews

Uriel's Machine: The Ancient Origins of Science
Uriel's Machine: The Ancient Origins of Science
by Christopher Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 5 Oct. 2011
What a thought provoking book. I have great trouble believing everything that the propaganda outlets push on me to digest & I imagine that this is something that has been done certainly since Roman times. Every time I think of Stonehenge or a standing stone or a burial mound my mental picture is that of a caveman with a fur loin cloth, matted hair & a wooden club cutting open a sacrifice on a stone altar. How well I have been trained to look at our ancient history, reinforced by illustrations such as the one at the entrance tunnel to Stonehenge, & define the people as savages & not worthy of further intellectual contemplation.

This book opens up a whole other way of perceiving the world around us & what we have been told. Uriel's Machine is an ancient clock slowly marking the passing of the years & makes you question where has all that knowledge of the way the earth spins in the universe gone to? How was it lost or how was it suppressed? Why are the people who built our great monolithic structures described as savages when the complexity of their designs & usage of their constructions is far more advanced than anything we had in the world until a few hundred years ago?

I've often wondered why we dissect a circle into 360 Degrees, why not use a base ten figure? To read and understand that this is a bastardisation & the correct figure should be 366 Degrees was awe inspiring when coupled with the single unit to measure length and time, more accurate than even the kilometer. Truly phenomenal.

If anything I have written ignites any spark inside then purchase a copy now as you will not be dissapointed.

Western Digital TV Live HD Media Player
Western Digital TV Live HD Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it sets out to do, very well., 5 Oct. 2011
I've got hundreds of DVD's. HUNDREDS!!! My living room is buried under them. I needed a media player & this had great reviews so I took the plunge. First thing is that this is smaller than it seems on the photos. The remote control would probably fit in a box of 20 cigarettes, to give you an idea of its actual size. Out of the box & plugged in & set up in minutes with no problems. Connected to the wireless router & found on the numerous computers in the house again in minutes. Transfer to it from a laptop via wireless is a dream. Playback from the device is clear & easy. My wife & kids love it & we will have all our videos/CD's/photos together in one point available to everyone in the household on a central hard drive very shortly.I will be recommending this to my friends.

TeckNet® iEP380 5000mAh Dual-Port External Battery Pack and Charger for "The new iPad" the 3rd Gen ipad, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPhone 4S 4 3G, iPod Touch (1G to 5G), Android (Samsung Galaxy Note S S2, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V), Blackberry (Bold curve Torch), Droid(Motorola Razr), Plus Major Tablet PCs with 5V input (Samsung, Blackberry, HTC) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE one, 16 Nov. 2010
Great piece of kit an an essential on a four day train trip in Canada that I took recently.
Never once had 'This item is not suitable for charging' warning on my iphone 3gs which I was getting from USB leads when plugged into the hotel sockets! On a 9hr flight with constant game & video usage on my iphone the battery was kept fully charged with no worries & it didn't seem to make that much of a dent in the remaining charge level of this battery pack considering how much I used it. Can't say how long it will last because after some serious use as described I haven't yet managed to de charge it fully!

Great Canadian Train Ride [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Great Canadian Train Ride [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

1.0 out of 5 stars Train ride DVD without the trains, 26 Aug. 2010
Bought this to have a peek of what to expect when I travel on this train later in the year. The chapters deal with many towns/cities along the route and show people walking in towns canoeing and fishing but doesn't show anything about the actual train! which would seem to be the point of the DVD. The first chapter is 'History' & you get to see some of the carriages for a micro second but there is no walkthrough the train, looking out of the observation coach or lineside/cab views of some of the exceptional scenery along the route. The DVD is very dated and looks to be a poor quality video conversion. Expect boring dialogue & cheesy music.