Profile for T. Schafer > Reviews

Content by T. Schafer

T. Schafer "TS" (Essex/ UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Anker® 3 Premium 3ft Micro USB Cable Pack High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charge Cables for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed, 2 Mar. 2015
I am disappointed in the item.
First things first: the cables itself are very sturdy. It looks like it will be resilient and can be used for a long time (my old one broke where the cable joins the micro USB head).
What I don't like is the fact that the connections are very lose. They start charging as long as I manually hold down the cable. As soon as I put the item down in order to charge.... well... they don't (charge).
Will contact customer service (haven't done that yet) and will report how helpful they are.

ARD Mediathek
ARD Mediathek

3.0 out of 5 stars Great... but what about Fire TV??, 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: ARD Mediathek (App)
Great app, works really well on my Fire 6 HD.
If this was also available on my Fire TV (it is supposed to be there according to info I found on Google but it does not come up when searching) I would be completely happy!!
Because of this 3 Stars... As soon as this is fixed I would upgrade to 5 stars.

Flying Changes
Flying Changes
by Sara Gruen

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Flying Changes (Paperback)
Sara Gruen is one of my favourite Authors and she didn't disappoint me with this book either!
Flying Changes is the sequel to "Riding lessons" and Annemarie is now battling with herself whether to let her Daughter Eva compete in competitions even thought this makes her extremely nervous due to her own past.
It was a light hearted story with a bit of background on horses and riding (I am not an expert on horses so couldn't say how accurate this information is) and I enjoyed it immensely as easy, enjoyable read.

Mahjong Solitaire Epic
Mahjong Solitaire Epic

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Mahjong Solitaire Epic (App)
Currently my favorite game on the Fire Tablet!
There are loads and loads and loads of levels available, not too many annoying adverts! Great!

Zuma Blast
Zuma Blast

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Game, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Zuma Blast (App)
I really enjoyed this game. Shame there aren't more levels available for free.

The Villa
The Villa

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my thing, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Villa (Kindle Edition)
The book tells two stories in parallel that in the end come together. One is the story of Flavia, born and raised in Sicily who moved to England after the war. We meet her has the mother of Tess. The parallel story is that of Tess who inherits a place in Sicily by Flavias former employer.

Over time we learn why Flavia has left Sicily and why she doesn’t want to go back there, even for a visit. We also learn about Tess and her relationship to her daughter and how she goes to Sicily to find herself and understand the story of her mom Flavia better.

All in all this is a nice holiday read with a slightly predictable story. It took me a long time to get in to this books but after a rocky start was Ok whilst it lasted… but to me this was not very memorable or special as a book.

Swees® New Amazon Kindle Fire HD 6 Tablet (2014 Oct Release) SmartShell Case Cover Ultra Slim Lightweight with Auto Sleep / Wake Feature (will only fit Amazon Kindle Fire HD 6-Inch Tablet 2014 Release) - Purple
Offered by swees-shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 23 Feb. 2015
The material looks a bit cheap but then again for the price I can live with that. It protects the Fire perfectly in my bag and for me it wasn’t worth spending more than double for the Amazon version. It fits my Amazon Fire 6inch snugly and the wake up functionality works well which are the two points, most important to me.
I opted for the purple version and it is indeed very bright purple (which I quite like)
At under 10GBP there is nothing to moan about with this cover.

Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB (Magenta) - Includes Special Offers
Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB (Magenta) - Includes Special Offers

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 23 Feb. 2015
The main tablet I use is the Nexus 7. Whilst I am in general very happy with this tablet it has two drawbacks: it feels fairly heavy to transport (I travel a lot) and since the latest Android update it has become annoyingly slow.
To address this and to have a tablet that is lighter to transport when traveling (and to be honest that’s cheaper in case it breaks or gets stolen) I bought the Amazon Fire with 6inch screen and 16GB memory about a week ago. I thought long and hard about buying the 6 inch version or one of the larger versions and with hindsight I am glad I did purchase the one I have. It is significantly smaller and fits in my handbag, no problem at all…

The tablet is easy to set up out of the box provided you have internet access and connects then to your Amazon account.
The handling and layout is different than on Android but easy to understand and it didn’t take me long to get used to it. It navigates easy and the display quality is fantastic. Battery life lasted easy for two movies and there was still some left.

On the Negative side: It took a long time to charge (in flight mode about four hours) which is a lot longer than my phones, camera and other tablets. The back cover is plastic and feels a bit cheap (but then again: for the price it is still great value). There is also no SD card or SIM option for this device. So far these are the draw backs I have found.

I am a bit of a data hoarder and like to have many music, books and videos on the device and for that purpose I feel that 16GB is still not a lot of memory. For the price and the market range this is positioned it is appropriate I suppose but I wouldn't mind to pay for a larger (32, 64GB) version without having to buy a device with a large screen (you should stay clear from the 8GB version in my opinion. This might suffice for children using the tablets but for everyone else: spend the little bit extra and get the larger memory).

To make the most of it I have signed up for an amazon instant trial which I will probably keep. This allows you to download videos to your devices and it something I missed dearly on Netflix. When travelling abroad, internet connections are often shady and providers like Prime or Netflix often stop you from using their services in other countries so this functionality is a god send for me and in that sense already worth buying the device.

My verdict: If you are looking for a low cost tablet that you can drag around without worrying to much about anything happening to it: go for the Fire 6inch. I think it is also a great “starter” device for people new to tablets as it is easy to use, easy to set up and quite self-explanatory. If you are a “tekkie”, into your specs and technology this is probably not the device for you.

There's Something I've Been Dying to Tell You: The uplifting bestseller
There's Something I've Been Dying to Tell You: The uplifting bestseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me..., 19 Feb. 2015
I wanted to like this book. I really did!
But from the start I couldn't quite get into it. The style of writing wasn't for me and it read more like a long thank you letter to friends and family who supported her than an account of what happened and how it made her feel.
I did finish the book but at times felt like just putting it away because it was very predictable and almost impersonal.

Pacsafe Metrosafe 200 GII Shoulder Bag
Pacsafe Metrosafe 200 GII Shoulder Bag
Offered by bagandbaggage

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me feel safer, 17 Feb. 2015
After having my bag picked on Holiday I decided it was time to buy something that makes it a bit more difficult for thieves.
This bag works great for me. It is great quality, plenty of space (fits my phones, tablet, wallet, passport etc.) and is at times almost to large for what I need but I that is just personal preference. The quality is brilliant. I have now used it for a few months (I travel regularly about twice a month and it is my constant companion) and wouldn't want to miss it. I am thinking of buying the smaller version as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5