Profile for Boriss Lariushin > Reviews

Content by Boriss Lariushin

Boriss Lariushin

Draper 89461 Compass (Black)
Draper 89461 Compass (Black)
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great professional compass for economy price!, 6 July 2013
Great professional compass for a humble economy price! Stell base, precise and professional scale, great cool look! Higly recommended! Best as a Father's day gift!

Room 237 [DVD]
Room 237 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rodney Ascher
Price: 6.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring film with poor play and dull action, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Room 237 [DVD] (DVD)
I wanted to obtain DVD copy of Room 237 mainly because I am a huge fan of Shining.
Reading description of the film I was expecting very interesting movie not less cryptic and mystical that movie it tries to tell about.
Package arrived in short time and was properly done. I waited for evening, shut out the lights, and inserted DVD into player, the less I can say it is increadibly dissaippointing, as well as boring, dumb and dull. Surely not worth of bucks I've payed for the film.

The Skeptic's Dictionary: A Collection of Strange Beliefs, Amusing Deceptions, and Dangerous Delusions (Social Science)
by Robert Todd Carroll
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on Scepticism!, 25 April 2013
The Skeptic's Dictionary is classic of the genre! It remains the best book on skepticism. The most comprehensive, detailed and informative encyclopedia type collection of strange beliefs, skeptic terms, various scams and spiritual frauds. I've found, as was expecting, full information on all the phenomena and beliefs modern man is facing today. Stereotypes explained, evil charms broken, naive spells swept away! Recommended for everyone!

A Modern Herbal: Volume 2
A Modern Herbal: Volume 2
by Margaret Grieve
Price: 14.47

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on Herbal in my library!, 25 April 2013
I have found Modern Herbal books content over internet online and was astonished by generous amount of details, very descriptive texts, plenty of rare uncommon facts and very accurate information for publication on herbals dated 1920s!!! I became very anxious to obtain this book for my personal library at home. I have found that the reprint is available for order at amazon from trinity city books. While my exemplar show some signs of damage, this paperback book itself is made so properly in order not to wear off during yet very long time! Number one book recommended for everyone interested in herbals, botany and reprints of old books!

A Modern Herbal: Vol. 1
A Modern Herbal: Vol. 1
by Maude Grieve

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on Herbal in my library!, 25 April 2013

Birds of the World: The Complete Illustrated Checklist
Birds of the World: The Complete Illustrated Checklist
by Tim Westoll

5.0 out of 5 stars The most complete and comprehensive illustrated checklist of birds of the world, 8 April 2013
I was hunting down bookstores and internet shops for this particular book for more than a year. First time it seemed that this book is completely gone and is personally owned by collectors, who do not wish to sell this item. One of the possible owners charged me even 1000 by this book!!! And this looked like the only available original at hand. So for half a year I have suspended my searches, only later to try again at AbeBooks and to my great surprise this time I found an offer that was quite fair for 150 pound I received original of Tim Westoll Great book including shipment to Estonia, EE.

I was more or less expecting to find the most complete and comprehensive illustrated checklist of birds of the world by great bird artist, but reality far more exceeded my predictions!!! Each of 10000 birds is carefully illustrated, with its specie scientific name and short description! It is one of the best books owned in my personal home library!