Profile for Laura > Reviews

Laura

Merrell Siena, Women's Slip-On Sandals - Twilight Blue, 7 UK
Merrell Siena, Women's Slip-On Sandals - Twilight Blue, 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Second pair I've bought, love them, 9 July 2013
Probably the comfiest shoes I've ever had. I bought a pair a few years ago and have worn them so much - they haven't broken just look a little scruffy so decided to get some more. I've got very wide feet; these fit perfectly in a size up. Fantastic for walking in - I walk lots and they're great. Also look quite pretty and get compliments. I just hope Merrell never stop making these...

Time Out Country Walks Vol 1 (Time Out Country Walks Volume 1)
Time Out Country Walks Vol 1 (Time Out Country Walks Volume 1)
by Time Out Guides Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 29 Mar. 2013
I love this, had been meaning to get it for ages and it's (so far) living up to my expectations! I've done two so far (plus one using a friend's copy), all really enjoyable walks. The directions are generally very clear (I've never gone wrong by more than a few hundred yards, if that) though you do have to pay careful attention, but that's all part of the fun! Loads of useful and interesting info, great lunch stops, and a good variety of choices in terms of length, location and difficulty. Brilliant.

Design a Badge Kit 55mm Clear Plastic Badge with Blank Paper Inserts for Children to Personalise & Offer as a Gift for Father's Day (Pack of 10)
Offered by Yellow Moon UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but did the job very well!, 29 Mar. 2013
A very simple product - just 8 plastic sets of badge fronts and backs, but they worked perfectly and looked really good when finished. I used my own thin coloured card instead of the white paper/card provided, which worked well.

Berlitz: Venice Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Berlitz: Venice Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
by Berlitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, interesting, a good starting point, 10 Jun. 2012
This was fine for a few days exploring Venice - some good ideas and useful/interesting info (though some details seemed a bit out of date). We bought a larger city map once there for about 2 or 3 euros, which was a good supplement for finding our way around. Small and light - pocket-sized!

The City & The City
The City & The City
by China Miéville

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommended, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The City & The City (Paperback)
Bought for my boyfriend as he's into sci-fi/crime type books, but I actually pinched it before he had a chance to read it and really enjoyed it - one of those books that sucks you in. It's not sci-fi, more philosophical/political fantasy - along the dystopia route. Would definitely recommend to others.

Moustache Man: The Deadly Whiskers
Moustache Man: The Deadly Whiskers
by Rick Senley

3.0 out of 5 stars For me, it went on too long, 6 Feb. 2012
Bought this for my boyfriend as it sounded funny, quirky and historically interesting. He seemed to enjoy it, and I read most of it - just found it went on too long and starting getting repetitive, so i didn't finish it.

Twitterature: The World's Greatest Books Retold Through Twitter
Twitterature: The World's Greatest Books Retold Through Twitter
by Alexander Aciman

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty funny, 4 Jan. 2012
I bought this for my boyfriend and he seems to be getting a fair amount of enjoyment out of it! It's particularly funny if you've actually read the books that are parodied.