Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Miss Halsall > Reviews

Content by Miss Halsall

Miss Halsall "miss_spitfire" (Blackpool, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires Novels)
House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires Novels)
by Chloe Neill
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Not new!, 26 Jan. 2016
Very annoyed. I ordered this book thinking it was a new story in this great series, but it's not. I actually already own a copy of this book with a different looking cover from years ago. Buyer beware!
I would have given only 1 star due to this annoyance, but it is still a great story and I couldn't do that to one of my favourite authors. All her books are amazing, I just don't want multiple copies of the same thing!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Apple ME665B/A 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (16GB RAM, 512GB Flash Drive)
Offered by Citadel_09

2.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery but wrong country!, 9 Sept. 2013
The details of the item didn't specify this, but the macbook is the US version rather than the UK version, so the keyboard is wrong! Unfortunately, I didn't realise the problem until I had taken the laptop out of all of it's packaging and began using it. Though in fairness, I never would have seen the US keyboard before taking it out of the packaging.
I hope that this is the only difference and that there is no other problem with running the macbook. The seller has included a UK plug for using the adapter, which is something, even though it has sticky, mystery stains on it - yuck!
I do feel cheated as I had expected a UK version, but at least it's an English alphabet rather than cyrillic or chinese.
I will update the review if the seller offers any options, i.e. exchange, compensation or free return.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2014 2:03 AM BST

Spartan Frost (Mythos Academy)
Spartan Frost (Mythos Academy)

4.0 out of 5 stars a good short read, 13 July 2013
I love this series of books, as well as the other series written by Jennifer Estep. This short story is a nice peek into the Mythos Academy world from Logan's perspective. It's also an appetiser for the next book in the series due for release in August. The only thing that I don't get is that the author calls a balaclava a toboggan instead. Is that an American thing? She's done it before in the Elemental Assassin series. I always end up picturing the character wearing a snow sliding toboggan on their head before realising that she means a balaclava. 😜

Eyes On Me: A Rhiannon's Law Short
Eyes On Me: A Rhiannon's Law Short

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying, 11 July 2013
There was very little substance to this story and the way that the page split itself was immensely annoying. I had to lock the screen rotation on landscape and then turn the iPad to portrait to view, but the centre of the page split and doubled underneath. The white text on the black background was entirely unreadable. I would have enjoyed this short story a lot more if these niggling format errors had not occurred. Maybe it's better on a kindle device rather than an app?

The Maleficent Seven (From the World of Skulduggery Pleasant) (Skulduggery Pleasant 7.5)
by Derek Landy

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes it's good to be bad, 20 April 2013
I love the Skulduggery Pleasant series of books; the author's sense of humour is right on my level and I'm somewhat older than the target audience as I'm 31years old! Not to say that this book isn't suitable for the targeted younger audience, it's just a good read for all - even my 69year old mother loves this series.
This novel is a bit of a spin-off as it follows Tanith Low on a side adventure, which will eventually impact the main series. A great read. I recommend it to all!

Skechers USA Women's Cyclers Gleamers Red Mules 38008 8 UK,US 11
Skechers USA Women's Cyclers Gleamers Red Mules 38008 8 UK,US 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfy!, 20 April 2013
I have 3 pairs of Skechers sandals that are a similar design to this. The grip around the big toe is far more comfortable than those toe post style sandals that can hurt after a while. I have to say they can be less comfortable if walking long distances, as the shoes can rub the skin off just underneath the balls of your feet.

GCSE Core Science AQA A Revision Guide - Higher Level (with online edition)
GCSE Core Science AQA A Revision Guide - Higher Level (with online edition)
by CGP Books

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 27 Jan. 2013
I ordered this to use as a resource in planning lessons. As I am teaching the new specification I thought this would be perfect. However, even though the picture and the item description state that this is the new edition for the new specification, the OLD edition for the OLD specification was sent. Just printed off the returns label. I best be getting a full refund Amazon, as the fault is not mine!

PM0503X2 First2savvv purple Touch screen stylus pen for iPhone 5C/5S 5 Apple iPad mini with retinal display iPad air AMAZON Kindle fire HD 16GB 8.9 & Iphone 4s & apple new ipad 3&apple iPhone 5&apple ipod touch 5th generation& ipad 4 with retina display & Samsung galaxy note 3 note PRO 10.1 & galaxy S4,galaxy S4 MINI, galaxy S4 Active, galaxy tab 3 & HTC one, one max,Desire 300,Desire 601 &Sony Xperia M, Sony Xperia Z Ultra Z1,E1,Z1 compact (PACK OF TWO)
Offered by FIRST2SAVVV

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price + does the job well., 8 Dec. 2012
Very reasonably priced. Just as described in the product details and works well on the touchscreen devices I've tested it on, namely the Kindle Fire HD, my Nokia E7 and my IPad. The colour is a lovely vibrant, metallic purple.

Jessica Simpson Fancy EDP Spray 100 ml
Jessica Simpson Fancy EDP Spray 100 ml
Offered by EftBeautyUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet!, 8 Dec. 2012
I first bought this on a holiday to America a couple of years ago. This is my favourite perfume, the previous favourites were Channel Allure, Fendi Theorema and Christina Aguilera's first fragrance.
The best way I can describe this fragrance is sweet vanilla, that's not overpowering.

Iron Fist Wishbone Sequined Strappy Women's Dress Black Size 16
Iron Fist Wishbone Sequined Strappy Women's Dress Black Size 16

2.0 out of 5 stars Good if you're trying to sell something, 8 Dec. 2012
Either I had a dodgy cut or there's something very off about this dress. When I tried it on the fabric felt lovely, then I looked in the mirror. The 'neckline' was partway over my bra, but when I adjusted the dress to cover my top part my knickers were on show at the other end! I'm only 5'10", which is pretty average these days, so unless this is meant as a petite cut or longline vest top it's rather indecent!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3