Profile for rinna > Reviews

BIRNBAUM'S GLOBAL GUIDE TO WIN
BIRNBAUM'S GLOBAL GUIDE TO WIN
by

4.0 out of 5 stars Truely interesting, 13 May 2013
I'm trying to figure out how fashion industry works, from idea to actual product.This book is the only one I've found which clearly explains how outsourcing (getting clothes produced in other countries, in factories that the brand does not own) works. Writer's tone is sometimes a bit annoying, but I'm willing to forgive even the most far-fetched metaphor because of the valuable information.

Orchids On Your Budget: Or Live Smartly on What You Have
Orchids On Your Budget: Or Live Smartly on What You Have
by Marjorie Hillis

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun read, 26 Nov 2012
People in 30's seemed to expect a lot more parties from their life than our time. I recommend this book to anyone who needs emotional or mental lift when considering their money situation.

My Heart Wanders
My Heart Wanders
by Pia Jane Bijkerk

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and thoughtful, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
Something to read and look at, when you are drinking a cup of tea and nesting in your couch. Photos were so breathtakingly beautiful, that I think the text was not as good (but not bad either). I wish she'd write the home decoration book she mentioned somewhere.

A Guide to Elegance: A Complete Guide for the Woman who Wants to be Well and Properly Dressed for Every Occasion
by Genevieve Antoine Dariaux

2.0 out of 5 stars Shortened edition with no warning about it, 30 Oct 2012
it was extremely disappointing to find out that this is a much shortened and edited version of the 1964 book. A lot has been left out and some words have been changed ( for reasons I can't figure out - why change "chemise dress" to "bias cut"? Has "chemise dress" become a dirty word or what?).

While the book is a fun read in it's butchered state, I do not advise buying it if you are interested in the historical value. Better to hunt down the original.

Most of all, I hope the publisher had noted clearly in the back cover or somewhere, that this edition's content is not the same as the original. I feel I've been tricked.