Profile for K. Steele > Reviews

Content by K. Steele

K. Steele "word fanatic" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Swing bench garden hammock swing seat swinging seater garden furnitur swing seat

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy, 23 July 2014
Difficult to erect but very pleased otherwise. My daughter will waste the rest of the summer sitting on it.

A Survival Guide for Life
A Survival Guide for Life
by Bear Grylls

4.0 out of 5 stars A dip into book, 23 July 2014
Not what I expected but a good book to dip into. He has a wonderful approach to life and a simple style of telling it. Much of it is self-help but there are gems hidden there too.

Northern Wilderness: Bushcraft of the Far North
Northern Wilderness: Bushcraft of the Far North
by Ray Mears

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn about Canada, 23 July 2014
Want to learn all the things you don't know about Canada? This is the book for you. His writing style is simple, amusing and instructive, I learned so many things. Excellent.

A World Without Ice
A World Without Ice
by H. N. Pollack

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 23 July 2014
This review is from: A World Without Ice (Paperback)
Only half way through, but fascinating and instructive for people who are interested in the ways of nature. Am loving it.

Fireangel CO-9D Digital Sealed for Life Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Fireangel CO-9D Digital Sealed for Life Carbon Monoxide Alarm

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with my purchase, 6 April 2014
Nice appearance, it is unobtrusive - have not tested it yet. No messing with having to keep testing batteries and changing them.

Travalo Easy Refill Travel Parfum Atomizer Spray Bottle in Sleek Silver
Travalo Easy Refill Travel Parfum Atomizer Spray Bottle in Sleek Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, 28 July 2013
This product was very disappointing. I tried to fill it and although the perfum bottle from which I was filling it went down, there was nothing in the atomiser - what a waste of good perfume. Tried again with a cheaper perfume - same happened. I returned this item for a refund.

Time
Time
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
Rod Stewart can do nothing wrong as far as I am concerned. A little bit repetitive musically, but who cares. Love him.

Girl in a Green Gown: The History and Mystery of the Arnolfini Portrait
Girl in a Green Gown: The History and Mystery of the Arnolfini Portrait
by Carola Hicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Opened my eyes to paintings, 25 May 2013
This book is beautifully written with only a very small number of pages that slowed me down a bit. Impatience I suppose with progression. However overall I was enthralled. I knew of the painting but as usual looked at it with a blinkered vision; looking at the main image rather than the picture as a whole. This book has aroused a more intense interest in art which I am going to take forward. It has taught me that the backgrounds of paintings are not just there as background, the details tell stories.
I shall begin my further interest by visiting the National Gallery as often as I can, working century by century. I would not recommend this book to anyone who doesn't want to think about what they are reading, who isn't interested in furthering their knowledge. Apart from that READ IT.

Atlantic: A Vast Ocean of a Million Stories
Atlantic: A Vast Ocean of a Million Stories
by Simon Winchester

5.0 out of 5 stars Vastness, 19 April 2013
Simon Winchester has taken the Atlantic ocean and its coast lines and drawn a picture of history across it. Imagine if you can, because I couldn't before I read it. From the beginning when ships first dared to sail far enough to discover the world was not flat. The action and importance of the ocean during the WWars, the life of the people through time living on the coasts of Africa and America and other small islands. If you're interested in history from another angle this is for you.

The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
by Edmund De Waal

5.0 out of 5 stars History teaches, 19 April 2013
I had never heard of netsuke before and was enthralled by the history of it all especially this particular set as the author follows them back in time. I read the book about a year ago and was delighted when only a couple of weeks ago on one of the Antique shows a woman had a small collection. It was lovely to put real pictures of them into my mind.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3