Profile for Vivani > Reviews

Content by Vivani

Vivani (Oxon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Really Useful 42 Litre Plastic Storage Box *ASSTD LOT-DEAL* 6 for ONLY 66* - just 11 each. Free UK Mainland delivery
Offered by DISCOUNT INTERIORS LTD
Price: 66.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good boxes but not the colours I'd hoped for, 19 Mar 2014
The boxes are great. However the ones I received were black or grey. I know it says in the description that colours may vary but I had hoped that they would be more like the ones in the picture

Auraglow 2w 12x LED Flat G4 Warm White Light Bulb, 20w Equivalent
Auraglow 2w 12x LED Flat G4 Warm White Light Bulb, 20w Equivalent
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for my lamp but may not fit everywhere, 19 Jan 2014
This was great for my desk light. The light is quite large and only just fitted in. I imagine there would be many lights where it would not fit at all. If it does fit it is very bright and a good colour.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars These feel as cheap as they are, 13 Jan 2014
These do the job but are very cheap. The metal is very thin and the screw threads don't feel very secure. We couldn't get one of them to screw together at all.

My So Called Life [DVD] [1994]
My So Called Life [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Claire Danes
Offered by ludovico_institute
Price: 69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw this when it came out and am re-watching it with my daughter, 23 Dec 2013
I just love this. I remembered it from the 90s and on a whim decided to look to see if it was out on DVD. I've been re-watching it with my husband and fifteen year old daughter. I was a little nervous about watching it with them in case it was not as good as I remembered, but we are all loving it. We've got two episodes to go and I hope they won't be disappointed by the ending. I think the ending is brilliant, it doesn't wrap up all the plot lines (they had thought of doing another series) but I think it is all the better for that. I've watched the final scene many times; the acting is great and the 'what next' that hangs over it is tantalising.

Programming Entity Framework: DbContext
Programming Entity Framework: DbContext
Price: 5.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Dec 2013
This must be one of the best computing books I've used. The examples are simple but demonstrate all the techniques clearly. One simple example is used and developed through the book. There are also numerous hints and tips that demonstrate pros and cons of the techniques and also potential pitfalls and errors that you might encounter.

Easy Learning Complete German Grammar, Verbs and Vocabulary (3 books in 1) (Collins Easy Learning German)
by Collins Dictionaries
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive but more detailed than I was looking for, 9 April 2013
This is a very good book but not what I was expecting from the title 'easy learning'. I wanted a book that presented the essentials of German grammar without going into too much detail for my daughter who is doing GCSE German. This book gives the essentials and more - probably brilliant for many students but a bit daunting for my daughter.

Netgear XAVNB2001 Wall Plugged Wireless-N Powerline AV 200 Extender Kit
Netgear XAVNB2001 Wall Plugged Wireless-N Powerline AV 200 Extender Kit
Price: 31.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Too a bit to get it going but now it's working it's great, 9 April 2013
It took a bit of switching on and off and resetting things to get it all working. However, it was worth it once it got going - we now have WiFi in the garden. As other reviewers have mentioned the instructions seem a bit garbled and don't have a clear step by step 'this is how to get it going' section.

Aten 2 Port USB HDMI KVM Switch - Black
Aten 2 Port USB HDMI KVM Switch - Black
Price: 52.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 9 April 2013
This works really well. It works best if I turn my Windows 8 laptop on before my Windows 7 one. That way round it correctly works out which laptop has control. The other way round I have to push the toggle switch to make the Windows 7 one come live. Once the laptops are up and running it all works perfectly. My only worry is that the toggle switch will break - it feels a little delicate.

Forward Executive Laptop Overnight Case Wheeled with Telescopic Handle Black Ref 3004
Offered by Office Heaven
Price: 42.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for someone tall, 9 April 2013
This would have been great if I had been an inch or two shorter. However, I'm 5' 10" (not that tall) and the handle was too short for me to pull it along without cricking my shoulder. I sent mine back but If I'd been shorter I would have kept it - it looked well made and had lots of convenient pockets.

Asus S400CA 14-inch Touchscreen VivoBook (4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)
Asus S400CA 14-inch Touchscreen VivoBook (4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)
Offered by Top Designer Gadgets UK
Price: 572.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking and the touchscreen is great., 9 April 2013
This is a great package. The touchscreen works well and I really like Windows 8. I'm using it plugged in to a separate monitor, keyboard and mouse so haven't used the keyboard etc. much. However, I would rather be able to use the keyboard on the laptop because it has a much nicer feel than my separate keyboard.

I think my only change would be to add a bit more RAM. I usually have lots of apps open and would like a bit more headroom on the memory. However, that's about my only complaint; I've had it a bit over a month now and it's going great.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2013 5:15 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2