Profile for M. A. Pattenden > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
St John Ambulance Lockable First Aid Cabinet
St John Ambulance Lockable First Aid Cabinet

5.0 out of 5 stars First Aid Cabinet, 23 Sep 2013
Great cabinet and a good size. Only slight drawback is it would be nice if you could adjust the shelf positions but it's not a big deal.

Neverwhere
Neverwhere

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall into a world you never knew..........., 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Neverwhere (Kindle Edition)
A regular visitor and traveller round London I have a whole new outlook!
Neverwhere is about the London you never see or know about, London Below. I read plenty of reviews before buying this book and can only agree with all the positive endorsements and reviews especially those that say they never wanted it to end!
Great read!

Lowepro Fastpack 350 Quick Access Backpack for SLR Kit, 17" Notebook and General Gear - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag if you need your camera, laptop and a few bits...., 16 Jun 2013
I bought this bag for a recent trip where I wanted to take camera kit, my 17' mac book pro and some other stuff as hand luggage and not put in the hold on a flight. It took my a700 DSLR, Flash, 28-75mm, 50mm macro, 10-20mm and 70-300mm lenses as well as cables, chargers batteries etc.
It also easily fits a 17" macbook pro and cables and charger and an iPad -and some room for other bits and bobs in the main section.
It didn't come with a rain cover but I coupled it with a basic Trekmates cover that you'll find reviewed as well.

Great bag - will take quite a lot of stuff - but can get heavy when full - lol !!

Ex-Pro Nikon EN-EL12, ENEL12, High Power Plus+ 2 Year Warranty Replacement Lithium Li-on Digital Camera Battery for Nikon Coolpix [See Description for Models]
Offered by ExpressPro

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as a backup, 16 Jun 2013
Good as a backup battery for my Nikon aw110 cool pix. Maybe does't last quite as long as the original but definitely works and is a good backup at a very good price.

Trekmates Waterproof Backpack Rain Cover Medium
Trekmates Waterproof Backpack Rain Cover Medium
Offered by Complete Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin!, 16 Jun 2013
I bought this to compliment my LowePro FastPack 350 as it didn't have a rain cover with it and does the job perfectly. At a very good price.

Vegas Short Sleeve Chefs Jacket - Black - Polycotton. Size: L (To fit chest 44 - 46"").
Offered by EZ Supply

5.0 out of 5 stars Chef's Jacket, 3 Dec 2012
Bought this product for home use. I change into to cook, ensuring no dog hairs from my clothes are transferred to the food! Good quality perfect size and at a great price.

Professional Medicarn Therapy PRO 2 Inversion Table Semi Comercial
Professional Medicarn Therapy PRO 2 Inversion Table Semi Comercial

5.0 out of 5 stars Medicarn Pro2 Inversion Table - NOT A TOY!, 12 July 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
In my opinion this table is well worth the money. For the price you pay it's around three visits to a chiropractor! It is a very sturdy table but also quite large - to be fair though I'm not small and decided on this because I wasn't convinced I wanted to hang from something that was collapsable for storage!

The instructions for assembly are OK - not brilliant but a bit of common sense and taking time and it's pretty straightforward.

I agree with one of the other reviews in that when you are fully inverted, there is an enormous amount of pressure on your feet. I am getting used to it and making sure the footbar is pushed in as far as you can possibly stand it helps a lot as does wearing the right footwear - I've changed to some running shoues with thicker tongues and they make a difference.

Biggest disappointment is that there is no user manual/guidance for actually using the table. I've done a few internet searches for use and my own regime is now to try and use it twice daily for 5 minutes, fully inverted - I also try and do a few 'crunches' whilst in this position and a few slow twists holding each twist like you would a stretch.

If anyone gets better use instructions I'd be happy to know!

But overall this was a very good buy, and it seems to be helping with the back pain.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi, 27 Jun 2011
WOW - In one word that is it.

However as this is about an e-reader let me expand though - I love books, not ebooks but books that you can touch and feel - but I've always kept them prestine, treated them with reverance - I'm almost obsessive never breaking a spine or 'dog earing' the pages. Yet I was intrigued and a while back was browsing one in a store. I showed enough interest that my wife and daughter bought me one for fathers day.

We were on holiday and so I had a book with me - a large one, hardback, nearly a thousand pages and heavy - so what better time to experiment, fortunately they'd bought me the 3G version and even with a poor reception I was able to download the book to the kindle in minutes and FREE, and I've found it PERFECT - the presentation of the pages and screen are just like holding a 'real' paper page in front of you, except it's easier to hold, it's perfectly customisable to the font size and spacing you prefer.

As a sceptic to begin with I am a convert I LOVE this device - easy to use, easy on the eye - unlike screens on laptops, other readers, ipods/phones/pads the E Ink Pearl Technology make this the perfect reading device.

The addition of 'nice to have' features such as the browser and mp3 player are a bonus - not perfect but useable but lets not get away from the real purpose, a portable library of your own book collection, with long life battery, Wi-Fi and dependant on version 3G reading device.

I would HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who reads any reasonable amount. I've also added a the kindle cover with light from Amazon and have found this the perfect addition for protection and bedtime reading and whilst not cheap it is sturdy, innovative and the perfect companion to such a slick device.

GreyMobiles Multi Gaming Car Charger For Nintendo 3DS, DSi XL, DSi, DS Lite, Sony PSP (All Versions)

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi gaming car charger, 27 April 2011
Fantastic little device for all the variations of gaming consoles we have - even has an ipod connector - although I haven't tried this yet. It works happily and been tested with DS Lite, DSi XL,3DS and PSP.
Also worth mentioning mine came as two parts so the cable itself is just a usb cable and it came with a usb car charger, this means you can also use the cable with a mains usb charger and it's not just a car cable but a mobile one to cover many devices if you're travelling.

Plantronics 925 Discovery Bluetooth Headset - Pink
Plantronics 925 Discovery Bluetooth Headset - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics 925 Discovery Bluetooth Headset - Pink, 21 Mar 2011
Bought this as a present for my wife and she loves it, I can hear her clearly when she's using it and she has no complaints, the fact it comes in it's own presentation/charging case was merely a bonus.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3