Profile for Nixxie > Reviews

Nixxie (UK)

Omron Walking Style Pro Pedometer
Omron Walking Style Pro Pedometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent downloading facility, 6 July 2010
The unit itself was bigger than I expected (having had a very basic smaller version in the past), but felt more robust. I bought this particular Pedometer because I wanted to download (or, at least keep an electronic record) of the distances I am walking each day... and I wasn't disapointed! It is so simple to use - you simply plug in your USB cable supplied and after clicking 'okay' to the on screen prompt it downloads in a few seconds.

The software provides, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly steps in a useful bar chart and figures table. You may also set your own targerts (using smiley face icons, green for good, red, not so good! etc). Along with step information the charts display calories and fat burned, aerobic steps and minutes (continous steps for workout). You can also download the data to a csv file too.

This is a great motivational tool as I like to aim for 10k steps a day, so helps me walk/run that little further if I'm near my target.

Top advantages: Informative Pedometer, has second safety clip, downloading and using software is very, very, convenient (extremely easy and quick) Has a clock too!

Any disadvantages? Only one... it measures in kilometres rather than miles - only a small niggle as the product is brilliant! :-)

Fun Buttons
Fun Buttons
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Buttons everywhere!, 12 April 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fun Buttons (Toy)
I purchased this for my 21 month old son to help develop his hand eye co-ordination. Also, knowing he loves counters/money type objects this was going to be dual purchase toy. What I love about the Fun Buttons is the different number of holes each button may have and the different bright colours - I was thinking of the future with this purchase, to help my son learn counting and colours. Ultimately, this made me choose this item over the Cotton Reels which are also available by Galt. My son is a little too young and easily frustrated when he threads a button to then thread another - he can't quite get the concept yet to thread more than one, but will in time. At the moment he is happy to collect his counters and hand them out to everybody during role play. Not the most exciting toy, but great fun to help little one along with learning.

Melissa & Doug Latches Board
Melissa & Doug Latches Board
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made Educational Toy, 12 April 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Latches Board (Toy)
We wasn't sure about purchasing this toy because it seemed expensive (at the time of purchase in Feb 2010) we are VERY glad we did though! As another reviewer mentioned you can see where the money has been spent. Well made, all brass fixtures and hinges and robust too. The board is BIGGER than we thought it would be (45cm x 30cm). Each latch has a different colour background (to help teach colours) as well as a number of different animals to aid learning to count (there is a small insert with the board's instructions for ideas what games to play). Our son is 21 months and can open and close all the latches except one that he is still trying to master! This is not a toy that they are going to play with all day every day, but something you bring out to play and help them learn. We actually bought a separate padlock with keys to use with one of the latches which works brilliantly (our boy loves keys and locks which is why we bought the latches board originally). Great fun to use once-twice a week and help your child's hand and eye co-ordination as well as counting and colours. Comes highly recommended by my little lad!

Casdon 492 Delonghi Toy Microwave
Casdon 492 Delonghi Toy Microwave
Price: 23.64

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great toy microwave!, 12 April 2010
My child had so much fun playing with this at a nursery centre we just had to buy one for him. He's 2 yrs old and loves 'cooking' in his little microwave. The Button Panel (right side) has 3 flashing lights as well as allowing your child to turn the dial to select what meal they are pretending to cook. The Panel also includes Start and Stop Buttons as well as Oven and Grill buttons which make sizzling type sounds in addition to the regular humming noise that microwaves make (so realistic!). Plus two more Silver knobs for pushing/twirling around. The microwave oven comes with a working light and a rotating plate which both work when the Start button is pressed - it evens sounds the classic microwave 'ding' when done!

You'll receive 4 pieces of play food: jacket potato, spag bol, chicken and a pizza. Great for boys and girls who like to feel grown up and help in the kitchen :-) A great and very realistic toy - well worth the money paid. My only criticism (very small), is the rotating plate that runs on a roller/wheel plate rack from a centre spindle... these are both removable from the oven and don't sit firmly in place (easily moved off centre when a 2yr old's hand slams in a chicken and Mummy then has to help place the plate back in its slot for it to rotate properly again and avoid a toddler tantrum!) Only a small niggle and this shouldn't distract you from a great little life like toy...!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2011 11:18 AM BST