Profile for willow > Reviews

The Book of Shadows
The Book of Shadows
by Lady Sheba

2.0 out of 5 stars not great really, 19 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Book of Shadows (Paperback)
I'm glad I got this book cheap as its not really useful for the solitary modern witch,more just a look at a wiccan book of shadows in the 70's.It caused a stir when first released due to laws of secrecy and copyright issues,but us witches and wiccans of today can get alot more useful books than this.
It contains rituals,chants,1 spell,and the laws of the craft but no reasoning is given as to why something is done a certain way.
I've put mine in the pdsa charity bag as its not really of use to me

The Love Spell: An Erotic Memoir of Spiritual Awakening
The Love Spell: An Erotic Memoir of Spiritual Awakening
by Phyllis W. Curott

4.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, 15 Oct. 2012
I really enjoy Phyllis curott's writing style as its very easy to read and get drawn into her world,I came to this book after reading her two other titles 'Witchcrafting' and 'Book of shadows',and I did enjoy this title too but not as much as her other books,although I'm not much of a erotic/love story reader-this is probably only the second romance novel I've ever read.I liked the potions and spells section at the end of the book.
The book is very bravely written,Phyllis truly bares her soul through her writing,I really wish she would write more books,as her books are very readable,and I loved her 'Witchcrafting'book,its a great guide if you want to learn witchcraft.

Tarot
Tarot
by Jonathan Dee
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely kit, 9 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Tarot (Misc. Supplies)
This is a very good basic guide to the Tarot,everything is simply explained,and meanings are given for cards,both upright and reversed,along with afew spreads to practice with and advice on storing your deck.
The cards themselves are very beautiful and vibrantly coloured,my only disappointment being that not all the minor Arcana are given proper pictures to guide beginners in interpretation,for instance,some cards just have 10 swords or 5 cups which makes you have to work alot harder to interpret them but overall I do like this kit alot.

Guardians, Goddesses and Groves: Awakening the Spirit of the Land
Guardians, Goddesses and Groves: Awakening the Spirit of the Land
by Jack Gale

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting guide to Greenwich, 12 July 2012
This book isn't a bad read,sometimes goes on abit,and I'm abit skeptical about parts here and there,but I really liked the photos of Greenwich,and its made me want to visit as it sounds a fascinating place,and looks very beautiful,so the book does indeed serve its purpose.
At the end of the book several pathworking meditations are given which are very good.

Simply Crystals
Simply Crystals
by Cass Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars A great beginners book, 29 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Simply Crystals (Paperback)
This is ideal if you're new to crystals,everything is simply explained and beautiful colour pictures of crystals are given throughout so you'll be able to identify the crystals mentioned.
Some topics covered are:what are crystals and their various shapes,how to choose,cleanse and charge them,crystal legends and folklore,using crystals for psychic development (scrying and dowsing with a pendulum),crystals and visualization,healing,crystals and chakras,crystals and meditation,crystals and good luck,birthstones and zodiac crystals,and lastly,a gallery of crystals (covering most of the well-known crystals).

Shake It Out
Shake It Out

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly beautiful, 16 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Shake It Out (MP3 Download)
I first heard a snippet of this song on tv show'How I met your mother',I didn't realize who it was by,and have been looking for it all over!Brilliant song and I'll definitely be checking out their others.

Tarot, Interpretation and Divination
Tarot, Interpretation and Divination

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide to the Tarot, 8 Jun. 2012
This is a really useful guidebook,great to add to your collection of tarot books,or ideal if you're approaching the tarot for the first time.
It gives indepth meanings,both upright and reversed,to all 78 cards,along with what it means if you get more of the same type of cards in a spread,for instance 3 queens or 4 tens in a spread.Several different types of layouts for the cards are given,with advice on timing events with the cards.
Mr Dee certainly knows his stuff,not surprising perhaps,considering he's a descendent of the Dr John Dee,the elizabethan alchemist and astrologer.Highly recommended.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Divining the Future (Paperback)
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Divining the Future (Paperback)
by Laura Scott

4.0 out of 5 stars Good,but kind of misleading title, 1 Jun. 2012
This book is an enjoyable read containing lots of guidance,meditations,quiz's and exercises to try to start working with your intuition and waking up your psychic self.
Different types of tools for divination are briefly mentioned and some spreads given to work with cards,runes,faerie cards etc,but be warned that very little information regarding the interpretation of them is given,you're left to look that up in the booklet you got with the cards/runes or in another guide book,which I find strange since the books title makes it seem like it would contain info like that,which is why I find the title abit misleading.
Two books that I prefer for fortune telling are 'The complete idiot's guide to fortune-telling' by Diane Ahlquist and 'Tell your own fortune' by Jane struthers.

Woodland Wisdom Oracle Cards
Woodland Wisdom Oracle Cards
by Frances Munro

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly beautiful deck, 28 May 2012
Like a fellow (and similiar named lol) reviewer I met the lovely lady Frances who created these cards at a mbs fair where she showed me the cards and did me a small reading,the cards were beautiful and the message accurate so I purchased them,which she then signed,which I thought was really nice of her.
The artwork is very beautiful and magical,if you like the Doreen virtue decks,I'm pretty sure you'll like these too,the booklet is quite indepth and the readings I've done so far have been accurate,I highly recommend these cards.

Predictions (Lifestyle Box Sets)
Predictions (Lifestyle Box Sets)
by Bridget Reed

5.0 out of 5 stars A good basic guide, 5 April 2012
I brought the book secondhand from a charity shop so didn't get the cards and dreamcatcher so I can't comment on those,but they look lovely in the pic.
I really did enjoy the book,it covers alot for a small book,dice,tea leaf reading,auras,numerology,and has larger sections on Runestones and the Tarot(meanings given for both the upright and reversed of all 78 cards along with several card spreads to try).
Would be great for beginners as it gives straight-forward information that is easy to start working with.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16