Profile for Ange > Reviews

Lean in 15: 15 minute meals and workouts to keep you lean and healthy
Lean in 15: 15 minute meals and workouts to keep you lean and healthy
by Joe Wicks

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 27 Jan. 2016
Wow, wow, wow! I have followed Joe on Facebook for about 6 months and have tried various diets over the last couple of years and always find them unfulfilling on the food front. I thought cutting out carbs would be difficult but Joe put my worries aside. I have made a number of dishes from his book since purchasing and all have been very tasty with no issue finding ingredients. My partner was delighted with the turkey meatballs and did not believe they were from a diet book! Am finding they make big portions too - some 1 portion dishes can do me two nights in a row. I am not left feeling hungry or reaching for the biscuits at all and am sticking to the reduced carbs section even if exercising. It has sparked me to take up exercise again when I can make the time with dusting off the old yoga dvd and finding my ageing body is still able to reach for the poses and find the relaxing breathing after years of no practice. If I could give Joe 6* I would!

Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker - White
Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 6 Jan. 2013
I did a bit of research and decided upon this make and model based on reviews, price and the fact it had a gluten free cycle which was important as mainly wanted it for that reason. It has made great bread even when I did a normal bread mix for myself and put the ingredients in in the wrong order! Have baked a gluten free cake in it too from a recipe at the back of the booklet it came with. Fabulous!

Breville VDF065 Halo Health Fryer, 1 Kg, 1200 Watt - White
Breville VDF065 Halo Health Fryer, 1 Kg, 1200 Watt - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent it back, 6 Jan. 2013
I ordered this after thinking about getting one for healthy chips. Read raving reviews but wish I had checked the 1-3 star reviews aswell. The paddle kept making a loud click/bang and getting stuck thus squashing chips and by the end of the cooking it left us with half the chips cooked and the rest a mess of crispy breadcrumb like bits. Gave it a few more chances thinking it needed to settle in but same each time so sent it back. Good service from Amazon though upon sending it back and just awaiting full refund now.

125 Best Gluten-free Bread Machine Recipes
125 Best Gluten-free Bread Machine Recipes
by Donna Washburn

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book if you live in the USA!, 6 Jan. 2013
I bought this book to go with my new breadmaking machine to specifically make gluten free bread for my celiac partner. Went through the book, wrote down all the different ingredients I would need and then the hard bit - could not find half of them. Had to get two items of Amazon (bean flour and rice bran) and a few others from International Shops but only about half of what I needed so a lot of the recipes will now be useless to me in the UK.