Profile for AJ > Reviews

Content by AJ

AJ (Devon, UK)

Snugg Galaxy Note 10.1 2013 version Leather Case in Black - Flip Stand Cover with Elastic Strap and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2013 version
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: 59.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 6 Sep 2013
After finding the range of lower price cases to be average I decided to splash the cash on this one, and I am glad I did, it's definitely a case of getting what you pay for, although considering other options I would argue you get more.

All the other cases I looked at either held the tablet in place with nothing but some elasticated corners or had negative feedback about the tablet moving around inside the case. The Snugg case has obviously been made specifically for this model of tablet as the sizing is exact to the point of OCD, the tablet fits inside like a glove and all the cutouts for buttons, ports, speakers and the camera are near perfect.

The build quality and materials all feel top quality and well put together, it doesn't feel the type of thing that'll start peeling or breaking after a few months of use.

It's also sturdy when stood up, the clip type arrangement on teh back to hold it in stand mode is great and I've not worried at all about it falling over.

If I had one minor negative to add it would be that it's a little awkward when charging as the case is designed to put the port at the hinge side of the case, but that seems nit-picky, I'm hardly shaking my fist and cursing the gods of tablets.

I'd never heard of Snugg before finding them for this product, but I reckon I'll track them down again.

Official Strictly Come Dancing Annual 2013: The Official Companion to the Hit BBC Series
by Alison Maloney
Price: 11.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Every year..., 5 Nov 2012
I must admit I'm not a big fan of Strictly myself (well, barring Ola Jordan...) but I've bought this every year for my mother for Christmas and she loves it, being an afficiando of the show.

It's not going to contain any world breaking stuff but it's well written, has lots of bright glossy photos of the costumes etc (will she notice if I cut this one of Ola out for research?) and generally entertaining behind the scenes stuff you wouldn't normally know.

Will you like this product if you dislike the show? Well, no. But then who would be daft enough to buy it if they did.

If a family member or friend like the show they'll like this. If they love the show, they'll go gaga over this. Or you could just treat yourself if Strictly is your own guilty pleasure of course ;)

Female readers with heart disorders be warned however, there WILL be pictures of Pasha Kovalev without his shirt on, which apparently is "a good thing"...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2012 7:02 PM GMT

Tom Clancy's Op-Centre: Line of Control
Tom Clancy's Op-Centre: Line of Control
by Jeff Rovin
Price: 8.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Publishing error?, 21 Jun 2006
I can only think it's a publishing error as to why this was printed, It seems to be a failry torpid piece of fan fiction that's been accidentally published under the misaprehension it was from Clancy himself.

All the typical fan-fic pointers are there. The long term series characters appear as someone doing impressions of them, you can see who they're meant to be but your brain is having to fill in a lot of details.

The strange, almost homicidal, desire to hack through the series, even creating unbelievable plot points simply to say "look at my power, what he wrote, I can destroy."

The fact the author seems dedicated to cutting a swathe through the series, trying to use shock tactics to keep us interested. Where most authors mage surgical cuts with a literary scalpel this was akin more to mad axeman rampage.

Although his first Op Centre book had been dissapointing I decided to give him a second chance, unfortunately this one almost destroyed my desire to re-read the earlier books (of which I have all of them) and has certainly precluded me from buying any more if there are any as this is a bit of a mortal wound.