Profile for Mr. S. M. Brett > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. M. Brett

Mr. S. M. Brett "Stuart Brett" (Norwich, norfolk UK)

WD TV Play Media Player
WD TV Play Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd bought one of these instead of wasting £'s, 9 Jan. 2014
I wanted a Smart television to watch Netflix, Youtube etc etc... £400 later I had a Sony Bravia thingy that only supported Lovefilm... it's my fault for not researching it first. This thing is brilliant, it helps if your Wi-Fi has a decent signal. Really pleased with it :)

NEW IMPROVED 8Gb Fineslate W70 7" MULTITOUCH tablet, with Capacitive screen, ANDROID 4.2.2 ('Jellybean'), NOW WITH DUAL CORE A20 Processor with Gmail, Facebook, iPlayer new Google Play Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for anyone.... well it was till it broke., 24 Sept. 2013
A decent tablet bought for my son, no issues other than the foreign plug adapter. It's a nice tablet and does everything required, Youtube, Netflix, Angry Birds, Cut the rope, Tapped out etc etc and then my son ruined it by asking for Bloody Minecraft to be put on it .... :)

It's simple to use and the price was reasonable, very happy boy.

When it works all the above is true, a common fault is the extremely flimsy plug charging pin... once it snaps the tablet is unable to be charged any other way. My advice would be to spend a bit more money. This is cheap for a reason.

HP Compaq CQ2740EA Desktop PC (Intel Pentium G630T GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap functional P.C, 25 July 2012
So my boy's destroyed their P.C ... this seemed like a good time to update my studio P.C and give them my old one. I needed at least 4GB of Ram for recording music at home and the price was perfect. It turned up (always a good start) got it plugged in where my old one used to be, same mouse & keyboard etc... Was online and deleted IE within two minutes and replaced with Chrome, imported my browsing history in 30 seconds and I was all sorted.

One slight drawback is the fact that new computers are pre-loaded with a load of Boll.... programs you don't really need, so somewhere down the line I will do a fresh install of Windows 7... but so far it's an absolute bargain £288 inc P+P for next day delivery :)

It's a cracking buy :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2012 6:57 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars 12 years old and still kicking, 26 July 2007
I Bought a Squier stratocaster in 1995, at the time the guy in the shop said "they don't last very long as they're a budget guitar", budget guitar maybe but £179 was a lot of money to an 18 year old.

Anyway I learnt to play with this guitar I've gigged lot's of times and done session work using this guitar, budget or not twelve years on it hasn't fallen to bits and it still plays fantastic.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Vampires [DVD] [1999]
Vampires [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ James Woods
Offered by streetsahead

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust me..... You'll get wood!!, 18 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Vampires [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
This is simply the most Fangtastic vampire film ever made..... Actually it's sharing that spot with "Blade" but it's brilliant.

James Woods is cracking as the hunter and I can't praise this film enough

Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure [DVD] [1990]
Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Like meeting an old friend, 18 Mar. 2007
Well I watched this film as an adult recently and enjoyed it just as much as I did when I was 11. I remember everyone at school suddenly using the terms, "Bogus" "Dude" and "excellent" and I had to laugh..... what a bunch of sheep we were :)

Lucky Number Slevin [DVD]
Lucky Number Slevin [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josh Hartnett
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it because of Bruce willis, 18 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Lucky Number Slevin [DVD] (DVD)
Lucky number slevin is the best film I've seen in ages, it's clever, engrossing, original and very slick.

I bought it because of Bruce Willis but the whole cast shone in their respective roles, no let downs or dissapointments..... Just a really really good flick!

The Wicker Man - Director's Cut [DVD]
The Wicker Man - Director's Cut [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Just like home, 29 Jan. 2007
I found the fictional island of summersisle quite similar to certain parts of North Norfolk, particularly that every thing you ask is recieved with a blank expression.

Cracking film though, bit of a downer with Nick Cage dieing at the end, having seen the original I was ready but the directors cut is seriously shocking to view.

Medal Of Honor
Medal Of Honor
Offered by John Seth Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs PS3 or X-Box 360, 2 Sept. 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Medal Of Honor (Video Game)
I've never been a sheep and don't intend to become one, I won't be rushing out to spend hundreds of pounds on a new console. I bought Medal of honour CHEAP! on amazon in mint condition and it's easily the best PS1 game ever.

It's not your average beat em up shoot em up, it's most like "goldeneye" on the N64 but a bit deeper. Problem solving and stealthy tactics are required and shooting accuracy increase your ratings. What is good is that it's based on true events which gives it much more credibility. I've just got the follow up "medal of honour underground" and I can't wait to get started.

Try it please and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!