Profile for A reader from the UK > Reviews

Content by A reader from ...

A reader from the UK

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Linens Limited Adult Fleece Check Snuggle Wrap Blanket, Beige
Linens Limited Adult Fleece Check Snuggle Wrap Blanket, Beige
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 29 Dec 2012
I was looking for a snuggle blanket as a present for someone. Having read several reviews on several alternatives, the Linens Limited snuggle blankets seemed to fit the bill best. There are several colours to choose from (10), and most of the reviews were positive. I ordered a few different colours at the same time, yet was charged just one p&p charge so the cost per item worked out at less than a fiver each.

Having not a snuggle blanket before I was not sure what to expect. It is, surprise surprise, exactly what the description says, a blanket with sleeves and pockets at the front, not a dressing gown or a sleeping bag! It is, however, more versatile than a blanket. You can drape it around you back to front or front to back, which makes it extra cosy. You can walk around the house with it, but it can trail and flap a bit as it is, after all, a blanket. However, it can be used almost like a dressing gown if you wear it like one, but is obviously not fitted and does not come with a cord.

For those who are petite it can be a little long especially the sleeves. However, it is after all supposed to be a blanket and is one size fits all! I soon found a way around these minor problems, by rolling up the sleeves to the desired length and keeping these in place with a few stitches. The same was applied to the hem, and I soon had a snuggie / dressing gown that was adapted to my size and that was very cosy indeed.

The fleece could be said to be a little thin compared with a true fleece blanket. However, I would not want this much thicker as it would end up too heavy / bulky. In fact, the whole thing is quite thick when folded up, so would not be suitable for travelling (I had hoped to be able to take this on planes).

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase, which exactly fitted the bill for a fantastic price.

Linens Limited Adult Fleece Check Snuggle Wrap Blanket, Pink
Linens Limited Adult Fleece Check Snuggle Wrap Blanket, Pink
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 29 Dec 2012

Micro USB Retractable Charger Data Cable For Kindle 3
Micro USB Retractable Charger Data Cable For Kindle 3
Offered by POP GATE(Ships From HongKong)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, works just as described, 11 Nov 2012
I was somewhat hesitant about buying this after reading the mixed reviews. However, so far I have had no problems at all with either charging or transferring data. The cable arrived promptly and works just as well as the original cable that came with my phone but has the advantage of being so much more compact and portable. What's more, it's perfect when combined with a mains charger and a portable emergency charger offering a portable, cheap (all 3 cost less than a tenner) & very versatile solution for keeping my phone charged on the move.

Overall very pleased with this product, great value for money, though I cannot comment re durability as have not had it very long. However, it is so cheap I can always get a few more as backup.

ONX3 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Clear Silicone Skin Case + LCD Screen Protector Guard
Offered by ONX3

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely, 7 Nov 2012
At first the case appeared a little flimsy and seemed rather loose. However, once I had managed to put it together, it actually fitted my phone quite nicely. The sliding part works well and does not hinder the sliding keyboard. I like the fact the case is nice and soft with no hard corners that could scratch the phone during the fitting process. It is also very easy to slip off, unlike some of the hard cases. So all in all not a bad design, does the job and does not cost much. As it's so cheap you can get a few different colours if you get bored with one.

ONX3 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Red Silicone Skin Case + LCD Screen Protector Guard

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 7 Nov 2012

Smart Weather Wireless Weather Station with outdoor sensor
Smart Weather Wireless Weather Station with outdoor sensor
Offered by Home & Travel

3.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting but not very reliable contact with external sensor, hopeless at weather forecasting, 14 Aug 2011
I have had this unit for 2 years and decided to write a review. Overall, it is an accurate weather station, and the radio-controlled clock feature is a bonus, once I have managed to reset the time to UK time, thanks to another reviewer's tips! I am rather ambivalent about this unit. Below are the pros & cons:

Pros:
- Accurate time & temperature (when it works) readings
- Clock is radio-controlled
- Batteries appear to last well - I have yet to need to change the batteries for either the main unit or external sensor

Cons:
- Not very intuitive - needed to read manual well to work out how to set certain features (I was lucky to have an English manual, though may have mislaid it)
- Clock is preset to German time and the instructions did not make it clear how to reset this to other time zones
- The weather forecasts are hopelessly inaccurate
- It took quite a while to get the unit to sync with the external sensor, though contact was maintained subsequently until recently, when it started intermittently losing contact for several hours at a time for no obvious reasons. The external sensor has been in a sheltered location throughout. As my main use for this unit is for the external temperature readings, in the end I had to buy another weather station. The main unit still functions well and can still be used as a radio-controlled clock and indoor weather station.

Overall probably more cons than pros, so not sure if I would recommend this unit if the main purpose for buying it is for external temperature readings and weather forecasts.....

Hama EWS-500 Electronic Weather Station, white
Hama EWS-500 Electronic Weather Station, white
Offered by BZ-Shop „Preise inkl. MwSt.“

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice reliable weather station at reasonable price, 14 Aug 2011
I agree with most of the other reviews. This is a nice reliable weather station which does mostly everything it is supposed to do and is very reasonably priced. I have only a few additional points to make.

The main clock takes 2 AA batteries, the sensor 1 AAA battery, neither of which were included. I decided to try using the probe for the external sensor, which I decided to keep inside, and readings so far have appeared accurate.

Just a few pros & cons (none too major):
Pros:
- Nice clear display
- External probe which means the outdoor sensor can be kept indoor for protection
- Temperature readings seem accurate and consistent, as do the weather forecasts
- The external temperature is picked up instantly, no problems with losing contact so far, unlike most other weather stations I have tried to date
- The buttons all do what they say they are supposed to do, without the need to read complicated instructions

Cons (none major):
- The main unit is a bit chunky & fairly wide (12 x 12.5cm)
- The clock is not radio-controlled and needs to be set manually
- The calendar is in German, so needs to be set to English.

Overall very happy with this purchase, which was bought to replace my old weather station, which started losing contact with the external sensor regularly and whose weather forecasts were always wildly inaccurate.

Mini Hot Water Bottle With Trendy Arran Jumper Cover
Mini Hot Water Bottle With Trendy Arran Jumper Cover
Offered by XS-Stock Com Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute mini hot water bottle, useful for travelling, 20 April 2011
Very cute mini water bottle, with neat cute Arran jumper jacket. I was deliberately looking for a small water bottle for travelling, and am very happy this fits the purpose perfectly. The water bottle about half the size of regular ones with capacity for about 1 pint, so may not be able to keep heat all night, but is nevertheless useful when it is not too cold.

Wetlands Womens Burtle Navy & Pink Zip Up Ankle Wellington Boots
Wetlands Womens Burtle Navy & Pink Zip Up Ankle Wellington Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pair of boots, but rather tight fit, 22 Dec 2010
I love these boots, which were intended for those less wet / snowy days when a full pair of wellingtons may be overheavy. The first thing that struck me was the upper was so soft, smooth and flexible. I also love the fully lined and so comfy inner, unusual in wellingtons of any variety. The soles are thick and sturdy and offer a great grip.

The main slight problem was the very tight fit around the ankles. It was somewhat a struggle to slide the feet into the boots, though once inside it was a very snug fit indeed. It may be worth ordering a size up if you want to wear very thick socks with these. My only other slight problem was the rather unusual colour combination of navy & pink, but I had little choice as these was the only colours on offer, and the last pair left in my size!

Overall a great pair of boots and excellent value for money even including the p&p.

Trespass Hemisphere Womens Outdoor Jacket
Trespass Hemisphere Womens Outdoor Jacket

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, well made & no frills, 4 Sep 2010
I was looking for a reliable waterproof & windproof jacket, and this coat fitted the bill. It appeared rather stiff & heavy on first opening the package, and is obviously no light summer coat. Probably best for autumn onwards & may even be suitable for winter layering.

I am a petite size 8, and the length is just right for me & reaches just below the bottom. The overall fit is a little loose, but this will come in useful for layering. I have not had the chance to try it out in truly wet weather yet, but the overall feel is very snug.

I got the navy, and the colour is a little faded looking, but this is not really a problem. I would have liked more in the way of pockets (there are 3), but what there are are fine. The coat is said to be microfibre and machine washable, but it remains to be seen whether washing will affect the waterproof properties.

Overall a stout well designed coat at a very reasonable price. It does seem designed more for petite people. I usually find myself swamped by most regular length coats, and this one's length is certainly perfect for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3