Profile for S. Holdsworth > Reviews

S. Holdsworth

Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White
Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Pro Dj's, 23 Mar. 2011
I have been using these plugs for a couple of weeks now as a full time dj (4 nights a week in a nightclub) and have to say I am well happy, they fit nice and snug in the ear, although I do recomend getting the fitting instructions from the net because none are provided, (basically put other side hand over top of head and pull top of ear upwards then put plug into place)be carefull not to go to far in with them as the stem is rather short the top of the stem on mine sit level with my tragus. They provide a good attenuation of sound overall, headphones work fine with them and sound more or less the same but a bit quieter. to me the filters seem to cut out frequency's of sound rather than giving higher or lower attenuation, for instance the gold filters sound bassy with only a small amount of high's the silver ones reduce mid and the white ones reduce bass (just my opinion after trying all the filters in succsesion)so basically try them all to see which you prefer .
Using the mic is fun ! because you can hear your voice "in your head" (put your fingers in your ears and talk)same sensation but not quite as bad but you quickly get used to it ! with this in mind my biggest advice to dj's is set your volume limits mic /h-phones/mixer/etc before putting the plugs in, wearing plugs doesn't meen turn it up more !!!!
The only negative i have is the "free" chainring carry case is a bit poor and looks to me like it would be lost easily so im sticking with the drawer type box they come in which is loads better and the lack of proper fitting instructions neither are real issues though.

Suunto X-Lander Outdoor Sports Instrument
Suunto X-Lander Outdoor Sports Instrument

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch, 14 Sept. 2010
I have owned my x lander for 5 years now and wear it daily (take it off for bed because its a bit large) its on it's 3rd battery and 2nd strap, other than that it looks like new I have used both type of strap the leather and the textile the textile being my favorite as it seems to dry quicker although if it were only an occasional watch i would use the leather purely for its better looks.
The altimeter and barometer do a good job but for accurate readings you have to remove the watch for a few minutes as the sensor is underneath (I don't bother as its readings close enough for me without removal) the compass is good but needs re-configuring every now and then (takes about 30 sec to do so no biggie) and works "on the wrist".the multiple daily alarms are handy for reminders through out the day
Overall I love the watch to bits it is HUGE but still very light.the only neg i could give is the lack of a calender, I don't know what I would do with a calender function but meh !!

Cars [Blu-ray]
Cars [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ John Lasseter
Offered by rsdvd

4.0 out of 5 stars great picture, great film, 25 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Cars [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Great stuff amazing picture in hd1080 you can even see the metal flake in ramones paint!! upon watching it again with my new hd setup i saw things and parts of the film i never saw before highly recomended especially to show the full hd experience to friends and family, bonus features are poor but you'r buying the movie not the bonus features and the movie is great.