Profile for Lottis > Reviews

Britney: The Biography
Britney: The Biography
by Sean Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 7 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Britney: The Biography (Paperback)
This is an updated version of the Sean Smith 'Britney The Biography' that came out in 2005 and it ends with her 'Circus tour' O2 performance in june 2009.

I like this book very much. I am a Britney fan so I would say I know a whole lot about her already but this book provides bits and pieces that I did not know before. For once it's a book written by someone that actually seems to be on Britney's side (although it is not over praising her, it shows both sides) unlike others I have read that are mainly just gossip and appears to have the sole purpose of bashing on Britney.

This author goes beyond the usual 'what the eye see and the media print' and seems to have put genuine effort in finding out who Britney really is and why she has done the things she have. His take on the 55-hour wedding and hair-shaving e.g actually makes a lot of sense and it feels like I understand Britney more and my heart goes out to her.

Britney is pictured as the hard working, talented and sweet person with a lot of input in her own work that she really is and definitely not as some puppet as is often believed. Without her talent and strive she would not be he pop queen she is, thats her doing not the record company or managers.

I would recommend this book to both fans and others. It is interesting and gives you a look behind the facade. It might actually change your view on Britney a bit to a more positive one, especially haters and skeptics.

I'm looking forward to the new updated version of this book since with Britney the story never ends! What would his take be on this Femme fatale era? All the bashing 'fans' and critics not satisfied with her dancing and or stage presence? What's the 411 on Jason Trawick?

I'll end with one of my favorite Britney quotes in the book 'I see my imperfections. I see my flaws. I just don't care.'

Everytime
Everytime
Offered by rockstrapuk

5.0 out of 5 stars So Beautiful..., 13 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Everytime (Audio CD)
To previous reviwer, it's admirable you admit you like this song even though you don't like Britney, but this is not a song that just 'happens' to be sung by her, cause she co-wrote both song and lyrics....and if you wanna hear anotehr ballad written by her, which is her best so far, get ahold of 'Before the goodbye', yet another song that NOT just 'happens' to be sung be her. Anyway, Everytime is a very, very beautiful song, but it really had to grow on me, didn't think it was that special at the beginning, but now I can't stop listen to it...Well done, Britney!!