Profile for Gotte > Reviews

Content by Gotte

Gotte (Manchester UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Beginner's Guide To Modern Buddhism - The 'Right View': Learn How To See The World As It Truly Is And Shape A Better Life By Integrating The 'Right ... Life. (mindful meditation, inner peace)
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 1 July 2014
Fundamental and practical guide to compassion and right thinking in everyday life. Not so long, but gets right to the point.

Apple iPod touch 32GB 5th Generation - Blue  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod touch 32GB 5th Generation - Blue (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by BEST SALE
Price: 183.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Badgered by my daughter for one of these, 27 Jun 2014
I'm an Android man, myself, but my daughter seems more than happy with it. That's about all I can say, really.

Paris-Roubaix: The Inside Story. All the bumps of cycling's cobbled classic.
Paris-Roubaix: The Inside Story. All the bumps of cycling's cobbled classic.
Price: 2.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 May 2014
I've got another of Les Woodland's books, Cycling Heroes,, and I really like his style of writing. There is a clarity but also and a great affection and a poignancy when describing the cycling world of old, and there's no better race to illustrate that than the brutal Paris Roubaix. I thoroughly recommend this book as a way of immersing yourself in the history and the culture of the race.

3D Tai Chi Chuan 8 + 16 Forms
3D Tai Chi Chuan 8 + 16 Forms
Price: 1.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 8 May 2014
This is a great little ap. It helps me work out the quite complicated tai chi forms. While the figure is a not entirely lifelike, it gives a good indication of the movements in the forms. I like that you can slow it down, zoom in and out, turn the figure around, and especially, select a section of the forms and re-run them over and over.

The Goose Is Out: Zen in Action
The Goose Is Out: Zen in Action
Price: 3.43

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 8 May 2014
I really liked the start of this book, with its story of the goose in the bottle, but then it seemed to fall into a diatribe concerning how an Englishman who helped bring zen to the world was completely wrong in his understanding of zen. The diatribe seems more about semantics (and somewhat confused semantics, at that).
I lost interest when Osho mentioned his spirit guide.

Sorry, but not for me.

Zen in the Martial Arts
Zen in the Martial Arts
Price: 2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 8 May 2014
I've only just started karate, but have been interested in zen for a few years now. I knew that there was certainly an element of zen in karate, but the book does a really good job (so far - i'm about half way through) of illustrating this. It's told more as a series of encounters with various people and disciplines of the martial arts, and how the zen mindset informs them.
A great book.

3D Tai Chi Chuan 42 Forms
3D Tai Chi Chuan 42 Forms

4.0 out of 5 stars Will never be as acurate as a real teacher, but..., 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: 3D Tai Chi Chuan 42 Forms (App)
it's a fair enough tool to practice with. I like the fact you can slow it right down and choose either a single form or a section of the forms. For me, the only thing it lacks is the ability to move the figure around, so you could get a back view - I think this would be so much easier to follow. But other than that, well worth the money.

MAGIX Samplitude Music Studio 2014 [Download]
MAGIX Samplitude Music Studio 2014 [Download]
Price: 43.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great software, 23 Jan 2014
I've been using Magix audio software for a good few years now, which means I'm used to its layout and functionality. This is by far the best version of Samplitude. I'm using Vista 32 bit, with 4 gig ram on a 3 year old machine (quad core Duo), and it works great. I have a pro soundcard M-Audio, so that helps, but so far, the new features (increased midi instruments and mix down features) really make it sing for me (pardon the pun).

Ionic Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 - Black Brown
Ionic Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 - Black Brown
Offered by CrazyOnDigital Corp
Price: 26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case/keyboard, 23 Jan 2014
I bought this as I do a lot of writing on my Kindle. The case, though not exactly the same as the picture (the brown clasp is smaller), is well made, but mostly, the thing I appreciate is the keyboard. The keys are good and responsive, easy to type with (no lag whatsoever). They are a little smaller than a standard keyboard, and be aware that some of the keys do not correspond. The @ key gives a " and vice versa (I imagine this is because the keyboard is designed with an American layout, which does not correspond to the British layout). Also, I still haven't found the pound sign, but that said, typing is so much easier and enjoyable now. I like the way the keyboard is removable (Held in by magnets), and I especially like the way you can use the keyboard to navigate the kindle (didn't expect that). Great product and delivered day after order (via Prime).

Relaxation Bowl
Relaxation Bowl
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars really like this, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: Relaxation Bowl (App)
It has everything I want - bells, singing bowls. The gong is a bit harsh, but I don't plan on using that. Nice controlable colours. And all forfree...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5