Profile for P. G. Strachan > Reviews

Content by P. G. Strachan

P. G. Strachan (Glasgow)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PowerDirector 12 Ultra (PC)
PowerDirector 12 Ultra (PC)
Offered by AllGoodDealz

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Novice, 23 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hands up. I'm no professional...nor even semi-professional. At best I'm an amateur in this arena but I have used one or two of the software products that are out there (with varying degrees of success). So how does PowerDirector compare ? Well I have to say that it's difficult to find fault. The layout feels excellent....the easy editor is relatively, well, easy to get to grips with. That said I do sometimes wonder if the various software developers working in this field are pushing the boundaries to far for the likes of me. Do occasional dabblers really need all the advances laid before us ? Perhaps I crave the simple life....long for the days of cine films when pretty much all you could do was cut out the occasional bit of dodgy footage. I'm wittering. So my bottom line is that if you're gung ho for the most sophisticated software out there then this is for you.....if you're a novice I'd advise that you save yourself some money and go for an earlier iteration at a, hopefully, knockdown price.

Sage Instant Financial Package 2014 (PC)
Sage Instant Financial Package 2014 (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of Kit, 23 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hands up. I'm a devotee of Quickbooks so I was only really giving the Sage a hurl to see how it compares. In fairness the comparison was never likely to come out in favour of Sage since I've been happily using the other since 2012 and familiarity is inevitably half the battle. Having said that I have been impressed by what the Sage has to offer and I think I'm right in saying that it's generally a good bit cheaper than the Quickbooks so full marks on that front. All in all I'm finding it hard to fault and if I hadn't already invested so much time and energy on the QB I'd be a complete convert.

QuickBooks Pro 2014 + Enhanced Payroll 2014 Bundle - 1 Year Subscription - 1 User (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and Better, 23 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using Quickbooks since the 2012 iteration came into my life. Before that I was a relic of the dark ages toiling away with the proverbial quill....scratching out my accounts in ye olde ledgers. It might sound like hype but 2012 changed my life. Certainly a great deal of what it offered was way beyond what I needed at the time but - ever so gradually - I twigged what all these features could actually do for my business and bought into them. it's been a learning process but Quickbooks made it pretty painless and more than worthwhile. So on I moved to 2013 and now 2014 ....picking up new skills along the way and embracing the new features on offer. It's been a revolution...join in.

The Sudden Arrival of Violence (The Glasgow Trilogy)
The Sudden Arrival of Violence (The Glasgow Trilogy)
by Malcolm Mackay

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Getting Better, 23 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I read the first in the trilogy - "The Unnecessary Death of Lewis Winter" - on the strength of some considerable buzz about Malcolm Mackay. I have to say I wasn't blown away. It seemed to me somewhat laboured....especially in the perpetual recycling of exposition on the central characters (necessarily) obsessive behaviour. That said i stuck with the trilogy and it seemed to me that part two - "How a Gunman Says Goodbye" - represented a considerable improvement. The closing act - "The Sudden Arrival of Violence" - is even better...a page-turning treat with an elaborate plot which left me wondering from beginning to end where I was heading. So my advice would be if you gave up on Mackay after Lewis Winter....give him another hurl...

WD My Passport Air 1TB USB 3.0 2.5 inch Portable Hard Drive for Mac
WD My Passport Air 1TB USB 3.0 2.5 inch Portable Hard Drive for Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Marks, 14 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not the sort of item that's going to excite and entertain but, as far as I can see, first class at doing what it does.
Nicely designed....straightforward to use....what more could you ask for ?

Alpen Light Cherry Bakewell Bars 19 g (Pack of 5)
Alpen Light Cherry Bakewell Bars 19 g (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars A revelation, 14 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had an aversion to Alpen for what must be close on forty years having reached the conclusion that it was manufactured from the floor sweepings in a logging factory....but these biscuits were really rather tasty (I managed one...my daughter scooped up the rest for her lunches). Recommended....

ACENIX® - 16 in 1 Repair Opening Tools Kit Screwdriver Set For iPhone 3,3GS,4,4S,5,5S,5C iPad 1,2,3,4 iPod iTouch PSP NDS & HTC , All Types Of Mobile Phones Universal Tool Kit
Offered by ETRADER DIRECT LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 14 Jan. 2014
I didn't need all the buts and bobs....didn't need much beyond the T5 to be honest....but given the price and the potential for future fixing this was a real bargain. Saved me a fortune in fixing my son's tablet...many thanks.

Dettol Complete Clean Mould and Mildew 750 ml (Pack of Three)
Dettol Complete Clean Mould and Mildew 750 ml (Pack of Three)
Offered by Media Replication

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by my Wife, 31 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Apologies for the sexist observation but the best cleaning oroducts must surely be the ones you never have to use. In this case my wife snaffled the bottle and set about cleaning up some serious gunk that had been taking up space in the car (like the moss that starts growing on your rubber seals). Bottom line...she swears by this stuff so I'll give it my blessing and hope I never have to squirt it in anger....

Vanish Powerpowder Carpet Cleaner - 650 g
Vanish Powerpowder Carpet Cleaner - 650 g
Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Miraculous - Maybe, 31 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hands up...I'm no expert in this arena and would prefer to spend my life in blissful ignorance of the respective merits of cleaning products. That said...the carpet was looking a bit manky so I thought I might as well give this a go. In simple terms it's easy enough to use and it seems to do a reasonable job of demanking the carpet. So not exactly staggered by the incredible change that's been wrought in my living room...but perfectly happy with the results....

Beta Adult Dog With Chicken 3 Kg
Beta Adult Dog With Chicken 3 Kg
Offered by DIMEC Pharmacy

3.0 out of 5 stars Dogs Not Exactly Slavering, 31 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What can you say about dog food ? They either like it or get sniffy around the bowl. In this case Ruby appeared perfectly content to wolf it down but Lula was less than enthused. They didn't offer up any expert analysis but my guess is that the bits were probably too big for the old lady and required too much chomping effort.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20