Profile for C. Sanborn > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Last Runaway
The Last Runaway
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this and appreciate the amount of historical research the ..., 3 July 2014
This review is from: The Last Runaway (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this and appreciate the amount of historical research the author must have done. I love quilts so the quilting details were welcome but I do think they supported the novel structure and the plot. I agree with the other reviews which observe that the secondary characters are often more fleshed out and more likable than Honor but I still found it an entertaining read.

The Conference of the Birds (Classics)
The Conference of the Birds (Classics)
by Farid Attar
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational classic, 27 Feb 2014
I am not a scholar so cannot speak to the translation of this classic work but I find it both readable and deeply moving. The tales and parables are spiritually insightful and have helped me look at the spiritual path in a different way. It really resonates with me.

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun enjoyable read, 27 Feb 2014
This is an easy, pleasant read which at times rises to hilarious and very insightful. I didn't want it to end and would like the read what happens next. Perhaps the sequel can be written by Rosie? I am glad I purchased and can highly recommend.

Flying Dutch
Flying Dutch
Price: 5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars good and peasant read but not his best, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Flying Dutch (Kindle Edition)
Would recommend Djinn Rummy or Expecting Someone Taller over this by Holt. Still, it was very funny in places, absorbing and a pleasant read. I enjoyed it and not at all sorry I bought it.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars David Lynch meets Kafka meets Forrest Gump, 14 Oct 2013
Really enjoyed this read. Well written yes but it also manages to be funny, dark and kinda sweet. The main character (the 100 yr old man) has been a lot of places in his life. The current story is interweaved with his past adventures and his knack of meeting up with historically important people along the way (a la Forrest Gump) as well as influencing history in his quiet way. Would recommend.

Sultana's Dream
Sultana's Dream
Price: 3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but worth reading, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sultana's Dream (Kindle Edition)
I am sorry that the author didn't make this work into a full length novel. It is amusing and fund but it is also a great thought experiment. Highly recommend but do be aware that it is a chapter length piece.

Beyond Words: A Guide to Drawing Out Ideas for Anyone Who Works with Groups
Beyond Words: A Guide to Drawing Out Ideas for Anyone Who Works with Groups
by Milly Sonneman
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and useful, 9 Sep 2013
There is too much text now in the internet and at meetings, etc. This book reminds us of the power of graphics and images. The author takes out the fear of drawing to express ideas. Her instructions and images are easy to use and work with. I have started to use these at work and am amazed at how everyone responds to drawings to express content powerfully. Well worth it.

Variable Star Quilts and How to Make Them (Dover Quilting)
Variable Star Quilts and How to Make Them (Dover Quilting)
by Marsha McCloskey
Price: 7.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Reprint, 9 Sep 2013
Be aware that this is a reprint but is an excellent addition to your quilters' library. Makes you want to start designing and quilting a star quilt right away. For intermediate quilters - I would recommend not for strict beginners.

Apple iPhone 5 Arvo Case, with Integral Kick Stand - Black, STM
Apple iPhone 5 Arvo Case, with Integral Kick Stand - Black, STM
Offered by eoutlet-uk
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it need to do, 19 Aug 2013
This does just what I need it to. Enjoy using the kickstand - very useful. The overall design is smooth with a good grip and doesn't add much bulk or weight. Some of the reviews mention interference with the signal on the phone but I have not found this to be the case. Would recommend. Wish the kickstand could stand portrait, not just landscape but have not found any that do this yet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2013 11:41 AM GMT

The Girl in the Mask
The Girl in the Mask
Price: 4.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read, 19 Aug 2013
I really enjoyed this book and had a hard time putting it down (or putting my e-reader down as it were). I give it 4 out of 5 stars only as it is a period piece and the author manages to give 18th century Bath a very modern feel. Not so much the historical details as the way the characters think and react. But then I just got drawn into the plot and the characters are very enjoyable. Can't wait to read the next one!

Page: 1 | 2