Profile for Luck5 > Reviews

by Charles Davis
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 9.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Super walks, 29 May 2013
We have owned this book since 2008 and have completed many of the walks in it. Have just returned from the lakes again and still found the book to be useful. There are a good selection of walks for everybody they are carefully described and we found the descriptions of the terrain to be helpful and accurate. The only reason for 4 instead of 5 stars is that I would be happier to give five stars if there was a more up to date version to purchase but having said that I don't know how much the footpaths change !

Night Road
Night Road
by Kristin Hannah
Price: 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep reading this book, 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: Night Road (Paperback)
I bought this book based on other reviews here ! I have to say at first I wondered how everyone had thought it was so good (without wanting to spoil the story I found one of the characters actions rather unbelievable initially) but I stuck with it and found it turned into a book I was unable to put down. The plot is thoroughly engrossing and I really felt emotionally involved with the characters by the end of the book - I wanted to read some more !

Grammar and Punctuation Year 5 (New Scholastic Literacy Skills)
Grammar and Punctuation Year 5 (New Scholastic Literacy Skills)
by Huw Thomas
Price: 22.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great range of activities, 10 Sep 2011
Have just started teaching a year 5 class and need to do a weekly grammar lesson - this book is going to be so useful :-) It has a wide range of grammar and punctuation activities - lots of background info if your own knowledge is a bit rusty and a good selection of photocopiable activities.

The One You Love (Emma Holden suspense mystery trilogy Book 1)
The One You Love (Emma Holden suspense mystery trilogy Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Good job it was free, 10 Sep 2011
I'm not convinced this book has ever been read by a proof reader there are far too many frequent errors which spoil the pleasure of reading. The novel tries to create suspense and intrigue but it just doesn't work, it is just frustrating to have to keep guessing who 'he' might be. I'm afraid to say I have given up half way through ( after a particularly glaring error where a character is seen talking to Stephen in the canteen and in the next line it says ' I saw you talikng to Stephen yesterday ' - yesterday - WHAT ??) Sorry but I just can't go on with this .... The sad thing is it has put me off trying any more free books - free for a reason ??
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2012 6:01 PM BST

Together in One World: Ninety-nine Stories for the Primary School Assembly
Together in One World: Ninety-nine Stories for the Primary School Assembly
by Jeanne L. Jackson
Price: 15.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent selection of stories for busy people., 12 April 2010
I needed a book with interesting and engaging stories in for class assemblies - this book fits the bill perfectly, there are a wide range of stories organised in a clear way with several different themes. My Year 3 class have enjoyed the stories I have selected to share with them so far!

Hidden Talents
Hidden Talents
by Erica James

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, easy reading., 10 Mar 2009
This review is from: Hidden Talents (Paperback)
An enjoyable book with believable characters who are easy to relate to. I couldn't put it down towards the end although feel a bit lost now I have finished it.

Reading Explorers: Year 4: A Guided Skills-based Journey: Year 4 (Book & CD): 2008
by John Murray
Price: 25.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of texts for year 4, 10 Mar 2009
This book provides a good range of texts suitable for year 4 and questions are provided to go with them. It may be helful to clarify that it is the texts themselves which are differentiated not the activities which go with them. Each text is provided at 3 different levels which is great.However, I bought the book to use for comprehension activities during guided reading and for homework and am slightly disappointed as I have to produce my own question sheets to match the texts, using the lists of questions in the book for ideas.

Olympus Mju 850SW Digital Camera - Metal Pink (8.0MP, 3x Digital Zoom), 2.5" LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for the money, 25 Aug 2008
We bought this camera for our holiday - an activity holiday including lots of water activities. It was great, very easy to use ; the case makes it easy to attach to yourself. The software supplied with the camera is also easy to use which is a bonus. The only small criticism we have is that the camera does not have a viewfinder ( we were used to this on our Sony cybershot) which can make taking photos in very bright light a bit tricky. Overall though very happy. We bought the bright blue version which we really liked.

The Bird Woman
The Bird Woman
by Kerry Hardie
Price: 8.21

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disapointing, 22 Aug 2007
This review is from: The Bird Woman (Paperback)
This book is wriiten in quite a mysterious style and while it is intriguing and quite interesting you don't ever quite feel that you 'know' the main character. The story is slightly confusing as well - I found it quite hard to tell what the main plot of the story was. Despite all this it is quite readable and you feel like the book has taken you on some sort of journey even if you couldn't see out of the windows!

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
by Kim Edwards
Price: 5.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Unbelievable but readable, 22 Aug 2007
I am surprised by some of the poor reviews this book has been given. Ok it is a bit difficult to believe at first and there are quite alot of questions which seem to go unanswered, but once I had got past this I couldn't put the book down. It is well written and poignant.

Page: 1 | 2