Profile for rosiecotton > Reviews

Content by rosiecotton

rosiecotton (Ireland)

Crafting Christmas Gifts: 25 Adorable Projects Featuring Angels, Snowmen, Reindeer and Other Yuletide Favourites
by Tone Finnanger

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Christmas book, 27 Nov. 2009
I wondered whether or not to get this book as I previously had another book by same author which had projects that were a bit too whimiscal and girlie for my taste. But I'm delighted I got it. The projects are cute and fairly practical as Xmas decorations. They're also fairly simple and fast. I've already done some cute penguins and can't wait to get started on the reindeer. At a fiver, its definitely worth it!! There are also patterns for Xmas stockings which I will be making and personalising next year for my kids and nieces/nephews.

Making Children's Clothes
Making Children's Clothes
by Emma Hardy
Edition: Kitchen & Home

4.0 out of 5 stars great buy for girls, 28 Sept. 2009
I bought this book off a shelf at a store so knew it was primarily girls clothes, suits me fine. I liked a lot of the items and from reading through, the patterns seem fairly straightforward to make (I am a relative beginner). There are a few patterns for boys, not many but I will make the PJs, dressing gown and possible the shorts for my son. Some gorgeous skirts, pants and tops for girls. Photography is beautiful in it and the patterns look so achieveable I made the cover item straight away in only a few hours from some leftover fabric. It turned out lovely, I can't wait to try something else.

If you are new to sewing/dressmaking this would be a good buy, but if you are more accomplished it might be a little too simple.