Profile for I. A. Gray > Reviews

Content by I. A. Gray

I. A. Gray "thefrozenpenguin" (Aberdeenshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Wasting Light
Wasting Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Foo Fighters Go Back to Basics, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Wasting Light (MP3 Download)
An excellent album thats both fresh and in their unique style, but it shows all that fancy digital recording studios are not needed to produce a great quality album.

Mont Blanc Scott - Roof Mounted Cycle Carrier (Upright)
Mont Blanc Scott - Roof Mounted Cycle Carrier (Upright)
Offered by Armar Trading LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Cycle Carrier Review, 9 July 2010
Being an avid cyclist who frequently transports bikes on the roof of my car, a new carrier was warranted as the old one was worn out. Due to its original sale price I believed that this carrier would be of good quality. Many cyclists spend quite a bit of money on their steeds and want to make sure that it is safe travelling often at twice the speed it will do under human power. The main weak point of this carrier is the quality of the clamping mechanism, which is the main contact with the downtube of the bike, it is made of a far too hard plastic and has teeth to, I assume, help secure the frame within. I have found that after relatively short trips if the downtube is not protected with a cloth or similar that a deep indentation appears in the paintwork. The second is that for my MTB the whole assembly is too short to accommodate my medium framed GT Zasker, meaning that the front wheel is not held down properly and oscillates further exacerbating fault number one.

In summary it is okay but is definitely not as good as first thought.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2011 3:29 PM GMT