Profile for he132305 > Reviews

LG 22EA53VQ 21.5-inch IPS LED Monitor
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5-inch IPS LED Monitor
Offered by Webbasket

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 28 Nov 2013
This is a review of the 22 inch LG IPS screen, not the 24 inch (for some reason reviews for both products seem to be shown together). I bought it to replace an hp IPS screen which failed after 6 years - would have liked the same again but I needed a replacement urgently and with Christmas coming it had to be cheap.

First impressions were favourable - technology has certainly moved on in 6 years and the new screen is about a quarter of the thickness of the old one, weighs considerably less and uses half as much power. Display is bright and sharp with good contrast, better in these regards than the old screen, although the brightness is almost too bright, even on the energy-saving setting. However that's a matter of preference and easy enough to adjust in the menu. Extended usage has so far caused no problem with eye strain and the resolution is adequate enough for photo-editing.

A lot of the cheaper end screens seem to come with hdmi connectivity only, so it was nice to see DVI and VGA sockets included on the back of this screen. It only comes with a VGA lead in the box though, so if you want to use the other sockets be warned that you'll need to source a lead from elsewhere.

One thing, however, I do not like at all is the washed-out colours. The blurb that came with the screen says it has been calibrated by LG to give 'realistic' colours; however they are not as saturated as on the previous screen and appear dull in comparison, even after checking menu settings and calibration with a Spyder. This is a disappointment because my primary use for this screen is semi-pro photo-editing and accurate colour is essential to ensure a consistent and pleasing quality for my clients.

I agree with the previous reviews about the poor stand, which wobbles from side to side with the slightest of movements, e.g. typing.

As a budget option, this screen is cheap and cheerful and does the job. But next time I will be looking for a better quality, more stable screen like my old one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2013 10:12 AM GMT

Black Top Flip Case For Apple Iphone 4 4S Case Includes Screen Protector, Supergets Screen Wiper , Stylus And Polishing Cloth
Offered by MOBILEJOY

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and does the job, 12 Sep 2013
I was looking for a flip-open mobile case for ease of use when making/receiving a phone call. I've had this product for several months now, and although it's starting to wear slightly at the corners from being in my pocket, it still works well. My phone is held securely inside the case with no risk of it slipping out and being damaged, and is protected from knocks and bumps. I would recommend this product - well worth the money.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Power Bank External Battery Charger with PowerIQTM Technology for iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, Moto X, PS Vita, Gopro, and other USB-charged devices
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, problem free product, 12 Sep 2013
I bought this to replace a different manufacturer's product which had failed after a few weeks of service. I have had this one nearly six months and so far it works flawlessly and lasts well. It will operate my USB desk fan at work for several eight-hour shifts before needing re-charging, and gives several complete charges of my mobile phone when away. It takes several hours to charge up again from completely flat - I suggest plugging it in to the mains in the evening and leaving it to charge overnight. It's not the smallest battery I have seen, but it is quite light and fits easily into a shoulder bag. Happy to recommend this product.

Wakefield Diocese: Celebrating 125 Years
Wakefield Diocese: Celebrating 125 Years
by Kate Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, detailed history of the diocese, 12 Sep 2013
After 125 years, Wakefield Diocese is soon to disappear and be replaced by a new Anglican 'Diocese of Leeds', and although this edition of this book was written prior to the General Synod's decision, the reader's awareness of it makes the book all the more interesting. This is a very detailed and painstaking analysis of the Diocese of Wakefield over the past 125 years, covering everything from the replacement of tin churches to the evolving role of women in the Church. The author writes in an engaging but scholarly style, and throughout the book photographs illustrate her work. Recommended.

Mooncup Model A Menstrual Cup
Mooncup Model A Menstrual Cup

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 12 Sep 2013
I really like the idea of this product, especially the 'environmentally friendly' aspect of being able to re-use it. Much better than tampons etc which end up in water-courses or in landfill. I bought the size A, as recommended for a person of my age, however perhaps I would have been better with the smaller size, or perhaps this particular design isn't for me. I've tried using it for three consecutive months and consistently find it uncomfortable. It makes me feel bloated and, well, I imagine a chicken in the process of laying an egg might feel something similar!

On the plus side, I didn't have any problems with leakage. Also I found that emptying it was much less messy if done more frequently, e.g. when the product is half full rather than brimming.

I noticed that some of the previous reviews eagerly assert that there is 'no risk of TSS' with this product. I have to disagree. The leaflet that came with my Mooncup clearly stated the usual warning about a small risk of TSS, similar to warnings found in tampon packets. Common sense dictates that the insertion of any 'foreign body' (which is what the Mooncup is, just like tampons) carries at least a theoretical risk of possibly introducing bacteria which could potentially cause TSS. Just a thought.

I don't want to give up on the idea of a menstrual cup, so I am going to try another of the brands on the market, in the hope that I may have more luck with a different design. Fingers crossed!

Quies Pair of Foam Earplugs of Earplugs - Pack of 3
Quies Pair of Foam Earplugs of Earplugs - Pack of 3

4.0 out of 5 stars quality product, 4 July 2013
I have neighbours who are noisy at night, and I'm a very light sleeper who wakes at the slightest noise. I've tried many, many different earplug brands over the years - silicon, wax and foam. Most foam ones I find useless at blocking out sound, but these do actually work. They won't block out everything, and you'll be able to hear your own breathing, but I found they blocked enough sound out for me to sleep. They also stayed in my ears and did not come out in the middle of the night.
Inserting them correctly does take a bit of practice though (instructions are in the pack and it is worth reading them). They can also be reused several times. Recommended product.

PowerGen 8400mAh Dual USB Port External Battery Pack Power Bank Backup Charger with Built-In Flashlight for Smart phones, Android Phones, iPad mini, iPhone 5 (Lightning adapters not included), iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, HTC One X / V / S, Sensation, EVO, Nokia Lumia 920 N9, Motorola Razr, Blackberry Z10, Sony Xperia Z, Google Nexus 4 and More

1.0 out of 5 stars Very useful usb battery pack... But..., 4 July 2013
I bought this to power a usb desktop fan at work because there was no mains socket near my desk and I am not allowed to connect USB devices to my pc. The battery lasts for hours and as it has two output sockets it can charge my mobile at the same time as powering my fan. I took it on holiday and it kept my mobile etc powered up to while away hours and hours of travel. It's quite small and light - approx the size of a cigarette pack - and holds its charge well if not used for several days. It comes with adapters to use it with different devices and also for charging the battery itself. On the side it has 4 lights which show you how much charge is left when it's in use. I have recommended this to several colleagues at work already. It's so useful that now I wonder how I managed without it!

5th June 2013: ironically, the morning after I wrote my above review, I experienced the fault referred to by some other customers - i.e. that the battery back will not charge beyond two of the four lights (presumably around 50% capacity) even if left overnight. This is enormously disappointing. The fault has occurred after less than two months of use. I have no alternative but to reduce my star rating from 5 to 1 and change my recommendation to a "Do Not Buy".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2013 1:50 PM BST

Queens Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Theme Flag on Stick - Pack of 5
Queens Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Theme Flag on Stick - Pack of 5

3.0 out of 5 stars only printed on 1 side, 28 May 2012
It does mention this in the description - but just to mention again that these flags are only printed on one side. The other side is plain white.
Other than that, they fit the bill - very bright and colourful, nicely printed, plastic so should withstand a bit of wind and rain, and small and light enough for most children to hold. A pack of 5 is good value for money.
Looking forward to getting into the Jubilee spirit with these this weekend.

Canon KP-108in 4 X 6" Ink and Paper Set for SELPHY CP Series Photo Printers
Canon KP-108in 4 X 6" Ink and Paper Set for SELPHY CP Series Photo Printers

5.0 out of 5 stars no mess, no fuss, 25 May 2012
Good price, no messing about with wet inks or having to change multiple cartridges, family can't tell the prints apart from those done by a professional lab. Very pleased, quick and easy, well worth the money.

Set of 2 Stainless Steel Mirror Sphere's 9 & 13cm
Set of 2 Stainless Steel Mirror Sphere's 9 & 13cm

4.0 out of 5 stars shiny balls, 25 May 2012
Bought these as a gift for a relative and they look great in her garden and after 6 months outdoors in cold and rain have kept their shine well.
The only thing I don't like at all is that the Amazon Marketplace retailer I bought from has now started using my contact details to email 'special offers' every few days - not impressed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3