Profile for Mrs. Brown > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Kitchen Craft Non Stick Waffle Maker
Kitchen Craft Non Stick Waffle Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Piece of Equipment, 27 Jun 2012
Brilliant piece of kitchen kit!
The whole thing comes apart for very easy cleaning, you can get into all the nooks and crannies. Handles unscrew, the plates slide apart, easy.
I had one of these years ago and it was not non-stick, a real pain in the butt to get the waffle out, it only made one at a time. This non-stick double waffle iron makes 2 large deep waffles.
Tip: Make sure the iron is very hot before you put the first batch of batter in, I found that a half cup measure is a nice amount and doesn't overflow the edges. Quickly spread the batter over the plate, so that you get an even square waffle, close the lid and either put the clip in place or not as you like, it makes no differance to the finished waffle. I have arthritis so the clip is a bit of a nightmare, just hold the handles closed. Turn the iron over after a couple of minutes to cook the other side of the waffle. Take a peek and if it is nicely browned your waffles are cooked. If you can see the steam escaping, when that stops the waffle is supposedly done, but I like my waffles golden coloured not anemic looking.
Use a spatula suitable for non-stick pans to remove the waffles and cut in half down the centre.
Waffles (and pancakes) freeze very well. Put the waffle under the grill for a couple of minutes to warm and spread with your favourite topping.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2012 8:39 PM BST

Zen Meditation Magic: Secrets to Finding the Time for Peace of Mind, Everyday
Zen Meditation Magic: Secrets to Finding the Time for Peace of Mind, Everyday

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware! It's American!, 19 Jun 2012
This book is in American gibberish!!! If you understand how to read and convert American recipes to English then go ahead and buy it. But what on earth is a 'stick of butter'? What is 'pearl sugar' I can cope with cup measures but the rest is hopeless, there isn't even a conversion chart.

There is only one Basic Recipe in the whole book, the rest are fancy and take a lot of messing about.

The only good thing about this book is the clickable index which takes you directly to the recipe.

I know it's cheap but even that was a waste of money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2013 9:12 AM GMT

Philips GC148/02 Dry Iron
Philips GC148/02 Dry Iron

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Iron, 24 Jan 2012
A lovely little iron, it actually removed creases from heavy cotton that my old steam iron had trouble with! It's light and easy to handle with a very long cord. Worth every penny. I have been so fed up with steam irons that barely get past the guarrentee period before they fail/leak/over-heat etc. So I decided to go back to the good old fashioned dry iron. I don't think I will return to the steam.

Over 100 Rice Recipes (Cook Books for Kindle)
Over 100 Rice Recipes (Cook Books for Kindle)

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition - No Contents List!, 22 Sep 2011
I purchased this in the hope of finding some interesting rice recipes.
BUT!!!
There is no contents list or even index of recipes, so you have to trundle through page by page to find what you want.
ALSO: Most of the recipes I have so far looked at cater for 6 to 8 servings! That's a lot of people and a lot of ingriedants.

I feel my money was wasted on this book.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Black  [will only fit Kindle Keyboard (3rd Generation)]
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Black [will only fit Kindle Keyboard (3rd Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Item, 28 July 2011
One of these cases are essential to protect your Kindle, beautiful leather grain on the outside, soft and touchable on the inside. A strong band to keep it all closed and the binding mechanism is brilliant and easy to use, the Kindle can be removed and replaced easily and quickly.
Highly recommended.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Disappointing, 28 July 2011
This is a lovely little machine, but I was disappointed and a little angry that FREE connection to the Kindle shop is virtualy non existant! I finaly got a wi-fi connection by sitting out in my garden! But so far I have not seen any connection called 3G! The coverage map says I have good coverage for connection in my area, not so! I don't have broadband or Wi-Fi, so I purchased this for the free connection, what a waste of the extra £40, because I still have to visit somewhere that has a good Wi-Fi connection that I can use.

The good side is that when I finally got a very weak connection my books etc. down loaded in a matter of seconds. The screen is easy on the eyes, controls are easy and straightforward to use. There is a very detailed user manual included on the reader. Some parts of the system are not available until the first download and then everything else pops into place. So don't panic if you think there are some 'pages' missing from the main screens, they will appear eventually.

Crossword a day
Crossword a day

5.0 out of 5 stars Mum Loves It!, 28 July 2011
This review is from: Crossword a day (Toy)
I bought this for my elderly mum, she loves crosswords.
The crosswords are small but so many of them she thought it would keep her quite for amny months to come. Recommended for all crossword addicts.

Panasonic SD256 Breadmaker (4235644)
Panasonic SD256 Breadmaker (4235644)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Machine, 28 July 2011
A fantastic machine in all respects. The Gluten Free programe makes bread like nothing I have ever tasted, it is far superior to supermarket rubbish. The loaf is only about 3" - 4" high but resembles true bread in every resprect. I use Doves Farm Wheat and Gluten Free Strong white bread flour plus I add 1 teaspoonful of Vitamin C, also Doves Farm, this gives a lighter bread, I also reduced the oil by 1 tablespoon. The bread freezes well and can be refreshed in the microwave for 20 seconds.
The normal bread I make for my hubby, he says is bootifull! Unlike the commercially produced bread it has a better flavour and freezes and keeps well in the bread bin. I also add Vitamin C to this as well.
I would recommend this machine to anyone considering buying it. Panasonic are helpfull and respond to emails in a timely manner. I can't find fault with any of this.
Highly recommended.