Profile for Mrs. Brown > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Brown

Mrs. Brown

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Mrs Crimble's Muffin and Sponge Mix 200 g (Pack of 5)
Mrs Crimble's Muffin and Sponge Mix 200 g (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sponge mix, 20 Feb. 2014
A lovely sponge mix and very versatile, I mix all sorts of other thing with it to make all sorts of different cakes.

Yardley London English Lavender Nourishing Hand and Nail Cream 100ml
Yardley London English Lavender Nourishing Hand and Nail Cream 100ml
Offered by Apotheker Stefan Bauer & Compagnie

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Handcream, 20 Feb. 2014
Best I have used in a long time, it disappears into the skin without leaving a residue. It smells nice too and lingers on the hands so your hands don't smell yucky. I will be buying more of this I think.

Yardley London English Lavender Body Lotion 250ml
Yardley London English Lavender Body Lotion 250ml
Offered by Pharmacy Place

5.0 out of 5 stars Body Lotion, 17 Feb. 2014
Absorbs nicely into the skin without leaving a waxy residue, the fragrance lingers all day! Really nice, very pleased with it.

Mrs Crimbles Pastry Mix 200g
Mrs Crimbles Pastry Mix 200g
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pastry, 29 Jan. 2014
This is the first time I have used this pastry mix, I have tried all the other GF ones and they were all a waste of money, but, this Mrs Crimbles came out perfect.
It held together well and rolled out like normal pastry made with wheat flour. It is certainly much better than my own GF pastry and I will now be buying this in multi-packs! I make a lot of pastry goods.
My husband thought it was a great improvement over mine.
Here's a tip for you.... Add the water a teaspoon at a time, not all at once. blend it in fully before adding more, do not over water, it's best with too little than too much, then just work the pastry on a floured surface until it holds together and is smooth, roll out, cut out, bake, perfect!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pancakes, 22 Jan. 2014
I made Scotch Pancakes with this mix (the recipe is available from the Mrs. Crimbles website). I added the required liquid slowly to get a thick batter, so didn't use as much as it said in the recipe. The Scotch Pancakes are perfect with butter or jam or whatever and they taste the same as 'normal' ones. Highly recommended and I will be buying more.

Zig Zag Rolling Tin
Zig Zag Rolling Tin
Offered by EAZY BREATHE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect roll-up every time., 4 Dec. 2013
I have used my Zig-Zag for the first time today. What a wonderful difference from that Rizla rubbish!
I use standard Zig-Zag filters (I like a fat ciggy)The machine performed perfectly through a batch of 50 ciggies, only one went wrong and that was my fault as I hadn't pushed the skirt down far enough and on another ciggy I forgot to add the paper! Lol!
This must be the best and simplest rolling machine I have ever come across. Ok, there was no instructions inside the box, but it doesn't take a scientist to work out what to do, it's very simple. The fiddly bit was moving the skirt pins into the other holes to accommodate the larger filter, managed it in the end. Great little gadget and I recommend it to all those who find other machines impossible to live with.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Cushions, 18 Nov. 2013
These are very nice cushions, thick and well covered and finished. The ties are at the sides not in the middle, so they are very easy to tie to the chair backs. Very pleased with this item and would recommend.

Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood
Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars A Loaf Pan!, 7 Nov. 2013
This 2lb loaf pan is a real bread pan, large enough for a family loaf, bloomer style. It is larger than other so called 2lb loaf tins. When I compared the two different tins side by side, this one was more than half the size again of the 'standard' 2lb loaf tin, which is too small for a loaf of bread anyway. Obviously standard 2lb parchment liners are not going to fit this huge tin. I am very pleased with it, but have yet to use it. But, I will be buying another one so that I can bake two loaves at a time. A good greasing and flouring would be in order as it is not non-stick.

The Hungry Student Vegetarian Cookbook
The Hungry Student Vegetarian Cookbook
by Charlotte Pike

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 5 Nov. 2013
I am not a student! But this book is great, loads of recipes and all geared for two people! So this is ideal for me and my husband. Recipes are simple and in 'English' All the ingredients are available from your local supermarket.
Not many photos though, so you don't always know what the finished dish should look like.

Divine Vegan Desserts: Over 100 Delectable Dairy- and Egg-free Recipes
Divine Vegan Desserts: Over 100 Delectable Dairy- and Egg-free Recipes
by Lisa Fabry

3.0 out of 5 stars Want Chocolate?, 5 Nov. 2013
A nice book, but beware it is American!
If you like chocolate in everything than this is the book for you, I would say that about 60% of the recipes use this stuff. If like me you are allergic to chocolate then the book will be a waste of money for you.
Overall some nice recipes if you don't mind converting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2014 2:31 PM BST