Profile for C. L. Stonehall > Reviews

Content by C. L. Stonehall

C. L. Stonehall "chocclare" (Swansea, UK)

The Dark Light (Sunburst Books)
The Dark Light (Sunburst Books)
by Mette Newth

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically Heartbreaking, 1 Feb. 2007
I read this book from start to finish, not wanting to put it down. I was captivated by the imagery and emotions captured by Mette Newth's unique writing style. It was hearthbreaking, and some parts had me in tears, but other parts had me smiling. There's always this melancholic tone though that fills you with total empathy and admiration for the character Tora, who is defiant in the face of her leprosy and dying. The book touches upon deep issues such as religion, life and death, which i found refreshing in a book aimed at young adults. The only downside is quite a frustrating ending. It seemed quite blunt and ambigious at the same time. I highly recommend this book.

Mean Girls [VHS]
Mean Girls [VHS]
VHS
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk

5.0 out of 5 stars finally, a realistic high school movie, 14 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Mean Girls [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This film fantastically shows a side to highschool life most of us recognise and can relate to - whatever highschool clique you were/are in, theres characters that you feel like you just know, and some that will suprise you.
This film is full of hilarious moments, and occassionaly has the heart warming and cringe-worthy moments that are all bound to keep a grin permanently on your face throughout the entire film. Also the realism of it makes you feel more for the characters and the situations. I think this is Lindsay Lohans best film yet and will probably be to her what for example edward scissorhands is to johnny depp - forever loved and remembered :)
Its a fantastic film for people of all ages - my lil sister, myself (aged 17) and our mum viewed the film all together, and we all loved it.
The soundtrack is also addictively wonderful - particularly the song built like this by samantha ronson, so check out the soundtrack as well!

Dickie Roberts - Former Child Star (Vhs) [2004]
Dickie Roberts - Former Child Star (Vhs) [2004]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars dickie roberts, 29 Aug. 2004
When i got Dickie Roberts on video, i got my sister (who is 5 years younger) to watch it with me, and we definately give the film a huge thumbs up. She watches it more than I do and takes it to her friends houses so they can watch it too!
The cast put on a great humorous performance, especially David Spade who was loveable as the confused, stubborn and clueless Dickie Roberts. Many people will also love Jack and Sally, the kids who reluctantly help Dickie relive his childhood, and also get help from him for their problems.
There wasn't any scenes that we wanted to skip, there was something to entertain everyone - from the dance routines, dickie's accidents, memorable one liners, to the song at the end featuring many child stars from much loved shows such as happy days, saved by the bell, diff'rent strokes, the brady bunch, etc. (trust me, its a funny catchy song).
I definately recommend this film for people of all ages, or at least for parents to buy to keep their kids entertained for a long time.