Profile for Rose W. > Reviews

Licorice Lip Balm - Hurraw Balm - 4.3gm
Licorice Lip Balm - Hurraw Balm - 4.3gm
Offered by STRATTON UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lip Balm, 13 Mar 2013
Very quick delivery. It smells lovely and keeps my lips nice and soft, would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a something a bit different in a lip balm.

Learning Resources Blends Centre Pocket Chart
Learning Resources Blends Centre Pocket Chart
Offered by Arkwrights Emporium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teaching resource, 13 Mar 2013
I love this pocket chart - it is a a generous size with chunky letters and pictures. It is very robust and works really well in a classroom. I have fitted stick on hooks to the back of a mobile whiteboard so I could hang it up and move it around easily.

Zhu Zhu Babies Special Offer Bundle 1 Triplet Bedroom 3 Deluxe babies 4 Baby outfits 2 Baby Pushalongs
Offered by Mytoyfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Dec 2012
Order this for Christmas - really surprised just how much is included - I'm going to have to get more wrapping paper! I am certain my girls are going to be thrilled.

A Fair Bear Share (MathStart)
A Fair Bear Share (MathStart)
by Stuart J. Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for maths teaching, 4 Jun 2012
Lovely story with maths activities. Good for teaching about regrouping and counting in 10s to add 2 digit numbers. One of the bears doesn't do their "share" of the collecting the ingredients so not enough is collected to make the pie. That bear then goes and collects some more which gives the opportunity to add 2 larger numbers together. The story isn't about division but you could extend the concept by working out how much of the pie each of the bears would get.

Learning Resources Word Families & Rhyming Centre Pocket Chart
Learning Resources Word Families & Rhyming Centre Pocket Chart

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 4 Jun 2012
This is a great product - it is a great size for a classroom and the pieces are lovely and chunky. My children have really enjoyed building words with it and it should last for many years. I would very much recommend it to anyone wanting to pratise word building skills.

Absolute Beginners Guide: Making Wire Jewelry (The Absolute Beginner's Guide)
Absolute Beginners Guide: Making Wire Jewelry (The Absolute Beginner's Guide)
by Martine Callaghan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 12 May 2012
This is a fantastic book and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to make wearable jewellery. I haven't made jewellery before so I chose this book because each project builds a different set of skills and you don't need lots of equipment or expensive materials. There is also a super section at the end of each project called "another idea" which gives you ideas oh how to make even more jewellery using the technique you have just learnt.
So far I have made 2 chunky charm bracelets for my daughters, a pair of spinning top earrings to match my favourite dress and Cleopatra's circlet. Next I am going to make a big bead splash!
I love craft books but sometimes spend more time reading them than crafting from them, this book is the exception - it is so user friendly that I actually want to make all of the designs and have received lots of compliments about the pieces I have already made.
If you want to learn how to make great jewellery this book is definitely for you.

A Kit Bag for Promoting Positive Behaviour in the Classroom
A Kit Bag for Promoting Positive Behaviour in the Classroom

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good tips and ideas, 28 Jan 2012
This book might suit a new teacher as it does have some good ideas and suggestions. Sadly the book is very repetitive, the self-assessment checklist is included about 17 times in the book and the same common sense "next steps" have been used 15 times.

Jinny of Finmory: For the Love of a Horse (Jinnny of Finmory)
Jinny of Finmory: For the Love of a Horse (Jinnny of Finmory)
by Patricia Leitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Jan 2012
Like many of the other reviewers I read these stories as a child and loved every single one of them. I can't wait until my daughters are old enough to read these for themselves. They captured my imagination and helped me develop a love of reading.

A1CS 8" ANDROID 4.0 ICS TABLET, CAPACITIVE MULTI-TOUCH, FASTEST PROCESSOR.
A1CS 8" ANDROID 4.0 ICS TABLET, CAPACITIVE MULTI-TOUCH, FASTEST PROCESSOR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Oct 2011
I love this tablet. It arrived super quick (thanks to the highly recommended seller). And it has worked beautifully (I've had it 5 months with no problems). It has given hours of enjoyment to my children who have had the chance to play all kinds of free games. I use it for reading, emailing, surfing the web & playing various apps. It doesn't have a lot of memory but most of the stuff I have downloaded has been free from android market, I just delete them when I'm not using them any more. It is touch responsive, came with a free case, is a good compact size and not too heavy. It is also fairly hardy (having been dropped a few times & played with by toddlers!!!). The only problem is my elder son wants one too!

Teaching Science in the Primary Classroom: A Practical Guide
Teaching Science in the Primary Classroom: A Practical Guide
by Hellen Ward

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 4 July 2009
This is a very detailed book that covers a range of teaching techniques including role play and using fiction as a starting point for science. It gives ideas for displays and presentation of work as well as assessment.