Profile for M. Kasthuri > Reviews

M. Kasthuri (uk)

Sony BDVE670W 5.1Ch Blu-ray HomeTheatre Kit System with DVD Upscaling to 1080p
Sony BDVE670W 5.1Ch Blu-ray HomeTheatre Kit System with DVD Upscaling to 1080p

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 18 Jan 2011
I have a new modern flat with a big living room and I have a 'Sharp 46" ' HDTV. Wasn't happy with the TV volume, so went around looking for a good sound system. I was keen to get a good system with excellent acoustics and one that score fairly well on aesthetics as well.
After having researched through AV receivers (Honda + Toshiba Blue Ray combo), Bose and Samsung systems finally settled for the E670 mainly for the wireless rear speakers.

However, I have to say that I am extremely happy with the overall system. Key positives,
1. Super high quality acoustics
2. Inaugurated it with the timeless Arnie classic 'Predators' - completely relived the original theatre experience that I had so so enjoyed when I was a teenager!
3. The main speakers are small, sleek and look fairly nice, can be easily hidden
4. The kit comes with an amplifier for the wireless rear speakers. I did not know about this at the time of buying and wasn't sure how the wireless will be setup. It is actually simple. The main unit transmits wireless to the rear amplifier and the rear speakers are connected by wire to this amplifier. The package is self-sufficient and easy to setup
5. Set-up is easy and takes no more than 10 mins. I was engrossed in my movie 15mins after the kit was delivered
6. The 1080 up-scaling is awesome. I was impressed at the clarity when I played my old DVD

In summary, if you are looking for a good home theatre system. This is really good value for money, no point going for separate bespoke expensive AV receivers, Amps, Speakers and DVD/Blue ray player. Sony has done a good job of bringing this all together at a good price point

TY UK 6-inch Diego Ice Age Beanie
TY UK 6-inch Diego Ice Age Beanie
Offered by Trade Loco

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, size not specified clearly on the website, 25 Dec 2009
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
It was too small. The size of the toy was not clearly mentioned on the website.