Profile for Ms Lixie > Reviews

Content by Ms Lixie

Ms Lixie (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sumo: A History
Sumo: A History

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction, 7 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Sumo: A History (Kindle Edition)
This is a really excellent introduction to a complicated subject. I read it before attending the Sumo in Tokyo this year and got so much more out of the experience as a result.

9" CLEAR TRANSPARENT BUCKET WITH CRAB PRINT
9" CLEAR TRANSPARENT BUCKET WITH CRAB PRINT
Offered by It's All Fun & Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Crab Printed Bucket You'll Find, 18 Feb. 2014
If you're looking for a bucket with a picture of a crab on it, you're in for a treat. This bucket is the crabbiest bucket you'll find. Not only does it have the picture, it actually has "CRAB BUCKET" written on it so there's no one going to be confused about what it is. Definitely one for the shopping basket.

iGadgitz Red EVA Hard Case Cover for 2.5" USB Portable External Hard Drives (Case Internal Dimensions: 11.3cm x 8.3cm x 1.8cm)
Offered by iGadgitz

2.0 out of 5 stars The zip broke after 4 months, 18 Feb. 2014
It's not like I zipped and unzipped it everyday either. It just turns out it's not as well made as it looks.

A Photographic Guide to the Birds of Japan and North-east Asia (Photographic Guide) (Helm Photographic Guides)
by Tadao Shimba

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 18 Feb. 2014
Very clear photos, good descriptions. Shows you which countries the bird is found in as well which was handy. Is a bit heavy to carry about but good to refer to at home.

WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Red
WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost 600GB of photos, documents. Very annoyed., 18 Feb. 2014
I am a rational person who doesn't write crazy reviews. I left the UK to work in Japan for a year so converted all my DVDs, photos, music etc so I could bring them with me. 5 months later the drive suddenly started doing the 'click of death'. I tried everything to recover my data. Yes, it is still in warranty but now I'm in a different country and a £50 refund isn't going to help me replace those 600GB. I really wouldn't buy this drive.

TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with handy lights included, 30 Aug. 2013
I bought this on behalf of the office as we needed a decent webcam for broadcasting a google plus hangout. For the money this is excellent value and quality. The little lights are a handy addition for close up shots.

Easy Kana Workbook: Basic Practice in Hiragana and Katakana for Japanese Language Students
by Rita Lampkin

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but no good for testing, 21 Jun. 2013
Personally I learn by trying to memorise a batch of letters and then test myself on them. This book just gives you the chance to write out each character about 15 times then move on tot he next. There is no space for testing yourself. So in one way the book is fine if that's all you want but it wasn't for me.

Kodak PlayFull ZE1 Full HD 1080P, Image Stabilisation with Built-in USB Arm - Blue/Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it Except for Battery Life, 21 Jun. 2013
"Battery Life" is the wrong phrase since you use a cable to charge it but describes it well. Without being connected to the mains I only get 47 mins recording time. I had been fooled by the 'up to 10 hours recording time' claims into thinking it would record for that long before recharging but of course that just relates to the memory. Apart from that the picture is good and sound is fine. There is a cable to use it with the mains but it is really short (maybe 30cm?) so you'd need an extension cord which makes it far less compact and convenient than you might have thought.

Ink Jet Shrink Film 8.5"X11" 6/Pkg-Clear
Ink Jet Shrink Film 8.5"X11" 6/Pkg-Clear

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't shrink once printed, 21 Oct. 2012
I followed the instructions and got nowhere. No shrinking and eventually it just went yellow and brittle. I tried shrinking another piece I hadn't printed and it did shrink but unevenly.

Twist-and-turn Bargello Quilts (That Patchwork Place)
Twist-and-turn Bargello Quilts (That Patchwork Place)
by Eileen Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, 17 July 2012
I really admire bargello quilts and so bought this to have a go. This is quite an advanced book and so not really suitable for someone wanting to try out the technique on something small scale like me. Most of the quilts are double bed sized. Having said that they are beautiful and the instructions are very good. I would definitely recommend it to someone who knew about the technique and wanted to take it further.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3