Profile for Bob Southall > Reviews

Content by Bob Southall

Bob Southall

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars a good buy!, 3 Aug. 2012
This is a cracking battery, I bought it for my caravan. The price is as good as you will find, the battery is well made and the speed of delivery will make your eyes water. All in all a good deal..Well done this supplier!

The Sex Club (The Detective Jackson Mystery/Thriller Series Book 1)
The Sex Club (The Detective Jackson Mystery/Thriller Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 3 Aug. 2012
A good storyline, well written with a "sharp turn" for the ending, in fact, a couple! A difficult book to leave alone for long.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A little CRACKER!, 6 Nov. 2011
I bought this camera about 12 months ago after deliberating whether to go for the Nikon, Olympus or Canon. I have had all 3 in film and finally went for the Olympus I also bought the Opympus 75-300 mm zoom) . I have since wondered if the Conon would have been a better choice, their advertising is very convincing, so good in fact that I recently cracked and bought the EOS 500d package, this includes the EFS 18-55 mmand the EF 75-300 lenses. I have used this camera for about 10 weeks now and feel fairly happy with its functions. Comparing the two cameras, I find the image quality is very good from both, the Conon's 15Meg sensor shows no better resolution than the 10.1Meg of the olympus unless you crop a massive amount. The Olympus "feels" a much better built unit and the lenses of the Canon are very poorly built. The zoom is not at all smooth and the image stabilisation on the Olympus leaves the Canon standing! I was told that having image stab in the lens was a big advantage, this is NOT so, you will read of people who have bought lenses with IS (image. stab) installed who have returned them because it wasn't working, it probably was but its effect is almost un-detectable, so much so in fact that I am not sure whether my Canon EFS 18-55mm lens actually HAS image stab. installed or not!. The Image Stab on the Olympus is in the camera and when its ON there is NO ambiguity, the image locks solid whatever lens you are using. I feel canon have built a series of lenses for the lower end of the marked and have lost the plot a bit at what is acceptable quality. The final insult comes whe you consider the Canon is made in Taiwan, the Olypmus in China.