Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Profile for Ade Wilbury > Reviews

Content by Ade Wilbury

Ade Wilbury (Brighton)

Page: 1 | 2
Corvus: Oath of Vengeance (Fury of the Vikings)
Corvus: Oath of Vengeance (Fury of the Vikings)
by James Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars For boys who are allergic to reading..they wont put it down., 31 May 2010
We were recommended this book, as we have two boys who are allergic to reading. We had a moan when handing the book over to them, but from the first page they could not put this book down. They have been totally immersed with Corvus, they've even discussed it between themselves at the dinner table. They have started asking about are there any more books in this series. Mr Thomson, you better start writing I imagine when the word gets out, you are going to be a very busy man. Brilliant, thank you.

Courtyard Gardens: Romantic Gardens in Town and Country: Imaginative Ideas for Outdoor Living
by Toby Musgrave

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired, 1 Jan. 2010
If you only ever buy one book on gardening for ideas, make this it. If you dont have a courtyard you will want one. My wife and I have plenty of gardening books for the nitty critty stuff, if you want to be inspired this book will not disappoint, everybody whos picked this book up has enjoyed it.

Ogilvy on Advertising
Ogilvy on Advertising
by David Ogilvy

5.0 out of 5 stars I buy this book for every designer I employ., 4 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Ogilvy on Advertising (Paperback)
I buy this book for every graphic and web designer I employ. I cannot emphasizes enough how good and how practical this book is. Anyone associated with the design and advertising world should read this book; it will give you great foundation onto which to build your own strategies. In my opinion it optimizes what should be taught at Art College or University. Every creative should be accountable for their work and that means the results their work generates, this book goes along way into explaining the facts of life in the real world. Some of the research in this book is as relevant today as the day it was published. For you web designers out there, you know you can't hide for much longer due to tools like Google analytics, get yourself a head of the game and read this book.

Interior Design Visual Presentation: A Guide to Graphics, Models and Presentation Techniques
by Maureen Mitton

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starting point for the presentation beginer, 4 Nov. 2009
I bought this booking whilst looking at ways of improving my own company's presentations. It covers the topic well, but I was slight disappointed as I feel its approach is slightly dated and does reflect the digital age that we are now in. However if you are an interior presentation beginner this book does cover all the bases and for that alone is worth buying.

House Plus: Imaginative Ideas for Extending Your Home
House Plus: Imaginative Ideas for Extending Your Home
by Phyllis Richardson

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Value, 4 Nov. 2009
This is a good coffee table book that you will dip in and out of if you're planning a new extension. The projects are interesting, explained well with good photography. What I feel sets this book slightly apart in this genre of house books, is that the projects detailed are probably more affordable than many designer house books, which in my opinion make its more enjoyable.

Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping
Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping
by Paco Underhill

5.0 out of 5 stars You should buy why we buy, 4 Nov. 2009
This is fascinating book based on solid research. If you enjoy delivering true results this book gives you a great insight into the workings of a retail consumer and why they buy. It also goes into the differentiators in the way men and women buy, which touches on some product design, store plan and merchandiser issues.

If you're a professional designer working in the retail field, this books well worth reading and having as a reference point in your armory

Race Against Time
Race Against Time
by Ellen MacArthur

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Inspiring, 19 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Race Against Time (Hardcover)
This is a great coffee table book. The pictures are fantastic the text enables you to dip in and out at will when you've secured a moment of solitude. There aren't many times in your life when you feel really proud of being British, but this is a terrific account of one of them. Ellen is an inspiration to us all and B&Q should be congratulated in supporting her efforts.

Wall and Piece
Wall and Piece
by Banksy

5.0 out of 5 stars Just another brick in the wall...., 19 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Wall and Piece (Paperback)
We need people like Banksy to tear it up, challenge the establishment and help us laugh at ourselves, and more importantly our inept leaders. Whilst you can not condone vandalism, every body starts some where. This is 21st Century Art at its very best.

Keep up the good work 10/10

Ionian
Ionian
by Rod Heikell

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Sailing Companion, 19 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Ionian (Paperback)
Having had the most fantastic two weeks sailing holiday in the Ionian Islands this year. I can't stress enough how useful this book was. It's the best pilot style handbook we came across and is the handbook of choice for sailing holidays limited. It helped us into many a Bay and Harbor, you shouldn't sail the Ionian without it.

You never know your luck it might stop you from confusing Kioni with Port Frikos.

Sketching and Rendering Interior Spaces
Sketching and Rendering Interior Spaces
by Ivo Drpic

4.0 out of 5 stars good development tool, 16 Oct. 2009
I don't now who teaches these skills any more, but this book will help you develop them. It's got some great tips and tricks on how to improve your renders. We have found drawing the old fashion way holds more weight with clients before presenting the more clinical approach of digital renders.

Page: 1 | 2